Homebrew Official [Release] Space Game!! v1.5 (HBL + Sound)

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you make it we will play

36f9a59.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

If anyone is interested, I have just pushed changes that allow the Wii U Pro Controller to be used instead of the GamePad.

At the beginning of the game, you will be asked to press the 'A' button on the controller you want to use. If you press the 'A' button on the GamePad, all other controllers will be locked out, and you can play normally using either the touch screen or the right stick (thanks @brienj).

If you press the 'A' button on any connected Wii U Pro Controller, all other controllers (including the GamePad) will be locked out. You play using the left/right sticks. This will prevent people from interfering with your gameplay by connecting a new controller or picking up the GamePad.

You can download the build here: https://github.com/CreeperMario/space/raw/hbl_elf/space.elf and run it in HBL using wiiload, SendELF or by placing it on your SD Card (making sure to rename your old space.elf to space.elf.BAK or something that HBL won't load).

I will merge it into @vgmoose's branch when it is ready, but there's still a few things I would like to add (such as changing controllers mid-game, and Wii Remote+Nunchuck and Classic Controller support, when I can actually get my hands on a Classic Controller).

Unfortunately, I won't have a lot of time for the next few weeks to do anything code-wise. I will be returning after my break, and be ready to expect a 5-player dogfight mode soon™.

Enjoy!

(NOTE: These changes only affect the HBL version of the game, the Loadiine version currently lacks the support for sound and extra controllers, rest assured that as soon as we can figure out how to add these libs into the Loadiine version, you should be expecting to see these changes soon.)

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is interested, I have just pushed changes that allow the Wii U Pro Controller to be used instead of the GamePad.

At the beginning of the game, you will be asked to press the 'A' button on the controller you want to use. If you press the 'A' button on the GamePad, all other controllers will be locked out, and you can play normally using either the touch screen or the right stick (thanks @brienj).

If you press the 'A' button on any connected Wii U Pro Controller, all other controllers (including the GamePad) will be locked out. You play using the left/right sticks. This will prevent people from interfering with your gameplay by connecting a new controller or picking up the GamePad.

You can download the build here: https://github.com/CreeperMario/space/raw/hbl_elf/space.elf and run it in HBL using wiiload, SendELF or by placing it on your SD Card (making sure to rename your old space.elf to space.elf.BAK or something that HBL won't load).

I will merge it into @vgmoose's branch when it is ready, but there's still a few things I would like to add (such as changing controllers mid-game, and Wii Remote+Nunchuck and Classic Controller support, when I can actually get my hands on a Classic Controller).

Unfortunately, I won't have a lot of time for the next few weeks to do anything code-wise. I will be returning after my break, and be ready to expect a 5-player dogfight mode soon™.

Enjoy!

(NOTE: These changes only affect the HBL version of the game, the Loadiine version currently lacks the support for sound and extra controllers, rest assured that as soon as we can figure out how to add these libs into the Loadiine version, you should be expecting to see these changes soon.)
It's good to see people using that code finally.

Reactions: Deleted User

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP

Enjoy!

are you looking to merge this , or have a seperate version... ?

D

Deleted User

are you looking to merge this , or have a seperate version... ?
I'm not sure.
Right now, my changes are in a separated fork from @vgmoose's Space Game repo, which I'll pull request when its all done.
Not sure if this will end up being a v2.0 or whatever.

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
For fun, I ported this game to the web and other platforms!

It can be played online here: https://vgmoose.com/space-game/
Source is here: https://github.com/vgmoose/space-game

This was my first homebrew, but also my first "style-ish" game, so making it easier to run outside of a homebrew context helps to keep it alive into the future, and is also a little nostalgia satisfying.

There's info in the Github readme about how the port works (nothing too exciting / no emulation). It takes advantage of the low requirements for this game to run (basically only requires pixel-drawing-abilities).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt