Homebrew [RELEASE] SOON!2 (Super cOOl iNstaller! 2) - A new super cool CIA installer

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Chelsea_Fantasy
I have 2 request:
- SOON! is too minimalist, I mean, I think that this need a config menu and an optional file explorer, there are people that uses subdirectories.
- SOON! needs a github, with that people can make pull request to help with the developement of SOON!.

Keep up the good work :)

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
@Chelsea_Fantasy
I have 2 request:
- SOON! is too minimalist, I mean, I think that this need a config menu and an optional file explorer, there are people that uses subdirectories.
- SOON! needs a github, with that people can make pull request to help with the developement of SOON!.

Keep up the good work :)
I am working on subdirectories inside FilesToInstall, but maybe I can do something about the whole SD.
About github... well, that will delay me a bit but I can
thx for your feedback

Reactions: Billy Acuña

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Screen got shut accidentally ..while batch installing some Cias black screen now lights still on and all .. Hooked to power I'm hoping it while still be ok ...don't want to harm my 3ds forcing it off ..

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea it just got done o.o I reopened it fast when it got shut and left it ... 15 min later got worried due to the cia were just updates but it close itself to home screen and everything is installed so thankfully I'm good o.o

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Yea it just got done o.o I reopened it fast when it got shut and left it ... 15 min later got worried due to the cia were just updates but it close itself to home screen and everything is installed so thankfully I'm good o.o
If you close the lid (3ds/n3ds) or set the console in sleep mode (2ds) when you open it again the screen will remain black as with every homebrew, but the program will still working.
just give it enough time to finish the installation, then shut if down in the "hard way"
when you turn on your 3ds again you will have your file installed.

Also, there's nothing to fear about "breaking" and installation. Just start the installation again and the old incomplete file will be overwriten.

Reactions: AshleyCummings

liangziqi124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It's rather cool as it shows the art covers and the interface looks just like a smartphone app.
But for now I'll still use FBI for its WIFI install function.
For the uninstall function, it's ok via system setting though.
Suggestion: add a WIFI install mode :)

Milo5789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello. First I want to thank you for making this super cool CIA installer. But i've got an issue, regarding the update fro 2.0.0 to 2.2.0. I did as shown in the first post, but now i got this error everytime I try to install something:
Error: [string "?"]:440 script doesn't exist

Press A to restart
Press B to exit
Press Y to enable FTP server

FTP state: OFF

I tried unistalling everything, only the update, clearing the SD card, but no good results.
Now, even when using v2.0.0 i get this error :( .

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. First I want to thank you for making this super cool CIA installer. But i've got an issue, regarding the update fro 2.0.0 to 2.2.0. I did as shown in the first post, but now i got this error everytime I try to install something:

I tried unistalling everything, only the update, clearing the SD card, but no good results.
Now, even when using v2.0.0 i get this error :( .
Don't use punctuation or accented characters in any of your file names. One of yours seems to have a "?".
Remove it and your problems will be fixed!
Also change any Pokemon with an accented e into a regular e. :)

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey together.. i got a question: I installed animal crossing and uninstalled it shortly after.. now i can't get it installed.. it finished without any complications but does not show up as new software on the home menu.. do you have any idea what i can do? Is this a known issue? N3DS XL with a9lh, latest 11.0 plus one of the latest luma 3ds and SOON 2.2

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey together.. i got a question: I installed animal crossing and uninstalled it shortly after.. now i can't get it installed.. it finished without any complications but does not show up as new software on the home menu.. do you have any idea what i can do? Is this a known issue? N3DS XL with a9lh, latest 11.0 plus one of the latest luma 3ds and SOON 2.2
Reboot 3DS or try DevMenu. The CIA might be corrupt. Also, check Data Managment in the System Settings, ACNL should show up in there, if it doesn't it actually failed to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night