Homebrew [Release] Savvy Manager - Girls Mode/Style Savvy/Style Boutique save editor

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
title.png

For Style Savvy's 10th Anniversary, a save editor is here! :toot:

gameselect (v3.0.0).png
characterchangemenu (v2.0.0).png
importcharacter (v3.0.0).png

Features
  • Edit save data from all four Girls Mode/Style Savvy/Style Boutique games.
  • As of currently, only games 2-4 are supported.
    • Only the 2nd game is supported for KOR regions.
  • High-resolution Hori-HD (800px wide mode), exclusive to 3DS, New 3DS, and New 2DS consoles!
  • The GUI from Kirakira Code/Fashion Forward (third game).
  • Pre-rendered characters previews.
  • Originally composed menu music!
  • Sound effects from ChuChu Rocket.
  • Play as most characters from all Girls Mode/Style Savvy/Style Boutique games, in all (except first) games! (Shop customers and brand reps not included.)
  • When importing a character from those games, you can press L or R to select the seasonal outfit. (Note that not all characters will have seasonal outfits.)
  • Add characters from the first game, GM2/Trendsetters/NSB, and Star Stylist/Styling Star, as extra contacts in Kirakira Code/Fashion Forward!
  • You can also export your current character, in case if you want to restore/import it later.
  • (3rd and 4th games) Import/Export brand emblems for custom designed outfits.
  • Apply music packs to Girls Mode 2/Style Savvy: Trendsetters/New Style Boutique. (Requires game patching enabled in Luma.)
  • Coming soon: Change attributes of your character (such as gender, skin color, pose set, height, etc.).
  • Coming soon (GM4/SS4/NSB3): Change bow placement on your character, if a bow is being worn.
More features are listed in the README at GitHub.

Before using Savvy Manager, it is recommended to back up your Girls Mode/Style Savvy/Style Boutique game save(s) using Checkpoint, in case something goes wrong.

Download

Credits

Last edited by RocketRobz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.0.0: Savvy Christmas release

What's new?
  • Photo shoots and AR photo shoots just got better!
    You can now add characters from the first game, Trendsetters, and Styling Star, as extra contacts in Fashion Forward!
    NOTE: As Felicity and Brienne are holding bags, you can press Y to remove them, so that their pose selections are not limited in AR Photo Shoot.
  • You can now import Jo (from Styling Star) over any character.
  • You can now apply music packs to Style Savvy: Trendsetters!
    Store the music packs in `sdmc:/3ds/SavvyManager/SS2/musicPacks/` as folders, and they must contain the `.bcstm` files.
    Game patching should also be enabled in Luma config.
  • Emblems can now be imported and exported to/from Fashion Forward and Styling Star.
    Emblems are also bundled into Savvy Manager, such as some Nintendo game consoles, as well as Mario and Sonic emblems!
    External emblems are stored in `sdmc:/3ds/SavvyManager/emblems/` as `.emb` files.
  • You can now import any external character file stored in `sdmc:/3ds/SavvyManager/SS#/characters/`, instead of being limited to just a `.chr` file of the character you exported.
  • ZL and ZR now also cycles between seasons, in case if your L and R buttons are broken.
  • Version number is now shown in the game select screen.
  • Improved the GUI, with the message screens now looking close to the Fashion Forward versions, as well as a button texture shown behind selections.
Bug fix
  • Fixed a major bug, where importing a character over one on the list (ex. Sophie), would actually be imported over the next on the list (ex. Callie).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.0.0: Pre-renders galore!

importcharacter-v3-0-0-png.210243

What's new?
  • JPN, EUR, and AUS consoles with the Girls Mode or Style Boutique games are now supported!
    KOR consoles with the Girls Style games are not yet supported.
  • A settings menu has been added.
  • Added characters from the 2nd game:
    • Shoko (Girls Mode 2)
    • Deborah (Style Savvy: Trendsetters, main beautician in Girls Mode 2)
    • Daisy (Style Savvy: Trendsetters)
    You can import one of them over another character in any game, or add them as extra contacts in Kirakira Code/Fashion Forward.
  • Brienne/Zahra now has seasonal outfits, with her USA Brienne version outfit being for Spring, her EUR/AUS Zahra version outfit being for Fall, and custom outfits for Summer and Winter!
  • Some pre-rendered character previews for Star Stylist/Styling Star versions of the characters have been added, as well as pre-rendered backgrounds of Lover's Bell and Bougianville, from GM3/SSFF/NSB2.
    You can zoom in or out using the Circle Pad, and/or change the background in the settings menu.
  • The frame rate of Savvy Manager can now be changed from the default 60FPS to the following:
    • 30FPS (Frame rate used in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th games)
    • 24FPS (Frame rate used in film)
  • The logo has a new look!
  • You can now exit by pressing START, if you're using the 3DSX file.
  • Now uses Universal-Core.
Improvement
  • You no longer need Checkpoint to use Savvy Manager, as the save data is now directly read from the games!
Bug fix
  • Fixed Ingrid's profile description showing "artasy", instead of "artsy".

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.1.0: Thanksgiving release

What's new?
  • KOR region is now finally supported!
    With only the 1st and 2nd Girls Style games released in Korea, you can bring any character from the unreleased 3rd and 4th games into the 2nd game, using the character import feature!
    • Please note that KOR support has not been thoroughly tested. There may be some text sizing and/or positioning issues.
  • Pre-rendered character previews for the 4th game, are now available for all importable characters!
  • Unique bottom backgrounds are used for each game in the game select menu.
  • 2020 Rocket Robz logo is now in use!
    • The logo is also animated!
  • 800px wide mode (dubbed Hori-HD by me) is now used!
    See improved clarity in the pre-rendered character previews!
    • This feature is exclusive to Old 3DS, New 3DS, and New 2DS consoles.
  • Originally composed menu music has been added!
Improvements
  • Fixed some character looks (e.g. hair, eyes, lips, makeup, outfit) outside of their games, such as:
    • Brienne/Zahra
    • Clara
    • Rosie
    • Yolanda
    • Alina
    • Angélique
Bug fixes
  • Fixed the characters below Brienne/Zahra missing from the importable 2nd game character list.
  • Fixed it's to its in the game select menu.
Known bug
  • Black edges are seen around the background circles on the top screen.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.2.0: Savvy Christmas Release

What's new?
  • All characters in the 3rd and 4th game's save data are now visible in the character list!
  • You can now change, add, and remove characters in GM4/SS4/NSB3's Mewtube videos!
    • As an example, Alina is the only character in Twinkle Fantasia, but with Savvy Manager, you can now add either a partner, or backup singers to the video!
  • You can now have anyone be your shop assistant in GM4/SS4/NSB3!
  • Any character from the GM3/SS3/NSB2 save data can now be imported into GM4/SS4/NSB3!
  • Added MC Mode (from Trendsetters) as importable character.
  • More male characters are now available when you expand the contact list in GM3/SS3/NSB2.
  • Emblem's icon is now displayed in the Emblem list.
  • Added fallback to other regions, if save data for your system region isn't found.
  • New backgrounds are now in use for GM4/SS4/NSB3 editing.
  • The menu music now uses the Style Savvy soundfont.
Improvement
  • Certain character looks have been improved when importing to other games.
Known bugs
  • Characters imported into GM4/SS4/NSB3 from GM3/SS3/NSB2 save data will not contain certain clothing (ex. from Streetflow and Soy brands), hair styles, makeup, and other data, if used by the character. A fix is currently not implemented for clothing.
  • Characters increased from the original amount in a Mewtube video will not be holding microphone(s) in the original video that contains one.
  • The character previews have not been updated to reflect the improved character looks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v3.3.0

What's new?​

• All fashion items can now be added to Fashion Forward & Styling Star!
    • This can be done in the stock menu, after selecting either game.
    • The fashion items can be added to both the wardrobe and shop in Styling Star, but they can only be added to the wardrobe in Fashion Forward.
  • When importing a character from Fashion Forward's save data into Styling Star, known removed fashion item(s) will now be substituted with other fashion items looking closely to the removed item(s) as possible.

Improvement​

• Slightly improved the Fashion Forward -> Styling Star character importing and conversion process for importing from FF's save data.
    • This means more contact colors, eyebrows, eyeshadows, blushers, and hairstyles will be properly converted.

Bug fix​

• Citra is now checked in order for it to not show a stretched top screen.

Reactions: Pk11

manganelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save editor is almost perfect and is very helpful for having more control over gameplay but I want to report a couple of issues I’ve experienced. The first is that the option for changing emblems on Fashion Forward breaks emblems on the save file permanently. I think it’s because the emblems in Savvy Manager only work for Styling Star because theyre in a different format. When I added one of the emblems from Savvy Manager to Fashion Forward I couldn’t use the emblem feature at all. Clicking “design emblem” crashes the 3DS with a “failed to read data” error message from luma3ds. Clicking “add emblem” while designing clothes crashes the 3DS. The big yellow frame in the design room that displays the emblem thankfully doesn't crash the game, but it shows a distorted picture that’s constantly flickering like some kind of haunted cartridge creepypasta. I have tried to fix it by exporting the default emblem from another save file but it doesn’t work because I don’t think the export emblem feature for fashion forward works yet. It doesn’t bother me because I don’t really use the design feature but it is annoying to have this landmine that crashes the game and loses me progress if I ever click on it. I think the emblem features for Fashion Forward should be temporarily disabled because the emblems that get added are in the wrong data format for that game. I know I should have backed up my save file before changing anything but by time I discovered the issue when I unlocked the design feature all my SSFF backups already had the same issue. My guess is that I thought I was changing the emblem for Styling Star and accidentally changed it for Fashion Forward through muscle memory.

Also the “add all clothes” for Fashion Forward only adds exactly half the clothes. Like, every item is there in the wardrobe, but only every second color variation of that item. For example, only the green and blue Mario Amiibo hats got added, and only three of the five star hair clip variants. I don’t know if that’s intended so that the player can still have fun collecting new stuff during the game but if it’s not intended behavior then it could be a bug. I looked at a fresh save file before and after the cheat and the section that I think represents the clothes went from 02 02 02 02 with some other numbers to 01 02 01 02. Was it supposed to become 01 01 01 01? I tried it out with a EUR version of Fashion Forward and it was the same.

Anyway, thank you for keeping these games alive. It’s heartwarming to know something I loved as a kid still has such a dedicated fanbase

Reactions: RocketRobz

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save editor is almost perfect and is very helpful for having more control over gameplay but I want to report a couple of issues I’ve experienced. The first is that the option for changing emblems on Fashion Forward breaks emblems on the save file permanently. I think it’s because the emblems in Savvy Manager only work for Styling Star because theyre in a different format. When I added one of the emblems from Savvy Manager to Fashion Forward I couldn’t use the emblem feature at all. Clicking “design emblem” crashes the 3DS with a “failed to read data” error message from luma3ds. Clicking “add emblem” while designing clothes crashes the 3DS. The big yellow frame in the design room that displays the emblem thankfully doesn't crash the game, but it shows a distorted picture that’s constantly flickering like some kind of haunted cartridge creepypasta. I have tried to fix it by exporting the default emblem from another save file but it doesn’t work because I don’t think the export emblem feature for fashion forward works yet. It doesn’t bother me because I don’t really use the design feature but it is annoying to have this landmine that crashes the game and loses me progress if I ever click on it. I think the emblem features for Fashion Forward should be temporarily disabled because the emblems that get added are in the wrong data format for that game. I know I should have backed up my save file before changing anything but by time I discovered the issue when I unlocked the design feature all my SSFF backups already had the same issue. My guess is that I thought I was changing the emblem for Styling Star and accidentally changed it for Fashion Forward through muscle memory.
I think someone else reported the same thing. Thank you for letting me know!
Also the “add all clothes” for Fashion Forward only adds exactly half the clothes. Like, every item is there in the wardrobe, but only every second color variation of that item. For example, only the green and blue Mario Amiibo hats got added, and only three of the five star hair clip variants. I don’t know if that’s intended so that the player can still have fun collecting new stuff during the game but if it’s not intended behavior then it could be a bug. I looked at a fresh save file before and after the cheat and the section that I think represents the clothes went from 02 02 02 02 with some other numbers to 01 02 01 02. Was it supposed to become 01 01 01 01? I tried it out with a EUR version of Fashion Forward and it was the same.
I thought I already fixed that bug? When did you last update Savvy Manager?

LucaWight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:( Oh, that's too bad. I was interested in the upcoming features. For some reason I'm not seeing most of the features talked about in this post so I figured they were to be added. It doesn't show 3d renders of characters or let me change the things shown here, I can switch characters and change framerate but I'm not getting other options. The "change attributes" feature would be cool too.

Last edited by LucaWight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse