Official [Release] Saviine - WiiU savedata tool

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Oct 16, 2015.

1. khangress

khangress GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2015
    Canada
    What can I do if I ran loadiine in shared mode instead of unique mode?

2. testing123

testing123 GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2009
    United States
    I have an unhacked Wii U here and I need to get my Zelda savegames off it. Would this be the best tool to do so?

3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Homebrew Launcher, Mocha CFW and SaveMii.
    Put everything on a FAT32 formatted SD card, insert it, be sure to be on firmware 5.5.1 or 5.5.2, open the internet browser, navigate to the url loadiine.ovh, launch the HBL, from there Mocha, wait until you're at the homescreen again. Do the steps to get into the HBL again, run SaveMii and backup your saves.

testing123 likes this.
  4. testing123

May 7, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for your reply. I should mention I want to hack it to PLAY Zelda afterwards -- I have the disc but won't have it for long. Does that change any of your instructions?

5. lordelan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No it won't.
    If you want you can even use the homebrew "WUP Installer GX2" to install Zelda (get it from "Wii U USB Helper") to your home screen. It should share the same save file as the disc version.

6. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Or use disc2app.

7. lordelan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Ah yeah completely forgot about that. :P

Billy Acuña likes this.
  8. testing123

May 7, 2009
    United States
    Ah, so I don't actually have to do anything with the saves after all. I can just hack the wii u on its own?

9. lordelan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    If you uninstall an eshop or installed game, the save will be removed as well I think but a save for a disc game should stay where it is.
    So if you're playing Zelda from disc right now you'll have all the time you want after returning the disc to install the digital version of Zelda to your NAND (or USB) with WUP Installer GX2 (or disc2app while you still have the disc). Then you can continue your savegame.

testing123 likes this.
  10. testing123

May 7, 2009
    United States
    Doing some reading, it seems to me that HAVING the disc makes doing this a lot easier and that this is the best method of hacking/emulating on the wii u. That seem accurate?

11. lordelan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Might be true.
    You would have to get into the Homebrew Launcher nonetheless (through Browserhax by putting loadiine.ovh as an url or through Haxchi) and start disc2app from there.
    But that app does not install the game. It just dumps it to SD card in an installable format. You would still need to install it with WUP Installer GX2.
    If any error pops up (either while installing or later while launching the game) launch Mocha CFW first through Homebrew Launcher to disable Wii U's signature checking.
    Also if you want to install the game to an USB drive, be sure to move the save to USB before you install it from the disc to USB.

testing123 likes this.