1. Yan3

Yan3 The guy nobody knows

Canada
    Here I am again, the thing this time is that it can’t backup my save of super Mario 3D world.
    I finished it at 100%, but it says that the backup failed and to not restore from that slot.
    Tried to put the game in a Hdd, and in the nand. Tried to have only 1 game or 3 games. But doesn’t work.
    Hope I will not have to back it up manually with ftpiiu everywhere.

2. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Iraq
    nice tool !

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Jun 7, 2019
  3. skykorn

skykorn Member
    Newcomer

Afghanistan
    sorry for the noobish question, but how to use it exactly? i'm running a haxchi, opened the app in the homebrew browser, all cool, then i chose to backup the savefile for a wii game inject that i have, but how do i actually import a save file to my wii inject game? I mean I downloaded a save file from gamefaqs, now I'd like to use it in my game, in which folder should I put it and etc?

4. Eaglemeat

Eaglemeat Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does batch backup and restore only backup and restore saves for the account that runs SaveMii, or does it do all accounts on the system?

5. FranklinMichaelWario2006

Newcomer

Haiti
    I'm trying to figure something out and let me know if I'm way out on left field.So I have twilight princess on my wii u nand. I realize that I had deleted my previous loadliine save (cause i'm dumb) and I would have to start all the way from the beginning (I was at the water temple).

So I had the iso and I got into the debugsave folder for twilight princess and found the .dat file I believe is right after that point (read on reddit this was possible). The issue is that the debugsave folder is a .dat file, not a .sav file which appears to be what Savemii uses. Is it possible to use that file and put it into the place of a save, or will I just have to start from scratch.

Let me know if anything I"m saying is unclear and i'll do my best to elaborate. Thanks for the help and happy holidays!

6. protivakid

protivakid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I noticed that simply putting this in the "apps" folder does not cause it to show in Homebrew channel. I also noticed it's an .elf file instead of a .dol file. How do I use this?

Edit NVM just realized this isn't for an actual Wii. SaveGame Manager GX works in place of this on a real Wii though.

Last edited by protivakid, Aug 27, 2020
  7. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Wait, how exactly does this work on vwii? might be because it's vc injected but i can't find the save for rhythm heaven fever

8. crea

crea GBAtemp Regular

Lesotho
    If there are still people looking to transfer a laodiine save to nand save, this is how:

dont bother with the specific loadiine function, at least for me it did not work at all.
    instead you create a nand save first. use savemii to export that nand save. then you copy over the loadiine save into the exported save on your sd card and add another folder named 80000001 for good measure if it does not already exist and insert the loadiine save there as well. i think thats the common folder, others are account specific.
    now you can import the save in savemii and voila thats it.

Last edited by crea, Feb 10, 2021
  9. MatieuFortier

MatieuFortier Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hello! I’m very late to the party but I have some vwii saves I would like to backup but they don’t appear in SaveMii v1.2.0 mod5. I have a red screen and it says: No vWii saves found. Do you know why? Thanks

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    are you using cbhc?

11. OldBoi

OldBoi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    shhh. just hiding a post here from Scott. hehehe :blush:

12. MatieuFortier

MatieuFortier Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Yep!

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    try using mocha. I found that I couldn't dump saves individually (at least wii u ones) with cbhc. it would red screen saying it couldn't access the sd card iirc. mocha worked perfectly though. all I did was load mocha on top of cbhc.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it should work with normal haxchi as well. the dev said he tested haxchi and mocha, but not cbhc. I think that's the problem.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also, btw, don't use the savemii mod from the homebrew store. use the one from github. there's something wrong with the homebrew store one iirc.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], savefile, SaveMii