Official [Release] SaveMii - Wii U/vWii savefile manager

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Ryuzaki_MrL, Apr 4, 2017.

1. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Very nice. Thx. Would you mind writing a guide how you did that so we can make Forwarders for everything? :)

2. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    1. Put one app in your Haxchi config. 2. Replace the pictures 3. Install Haxchi. 4. If you need more detail, try this ;).

3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Thx for linking me my guide lol. I thought there could be an easier way to install DS VC games with altered title ID's for Haxchi. :P

4. cagerhager

cagerhager Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    United States
    Hope this helps!

1: download the haxchi base files

2: in the config text, set default to whatever app you want to forward too. So for instance I made one for c2w patcher and my config had this in it: default=wiiu/apps/sign_c2w_patcher/sign_c2w_patcher.elf Make sure that the path is correct. you are telling what program to start, most apps are .elf files so make sure your path directs it to the correct file.

3. in title.txt, name it whatever the app is: example: [sign c2w patcher]. doesn't need anything but the name of the program.

4. this is where it gets tempermental. for the bootdrctex.tga and boottvtex.tga and icontex.tga, you have to follow specifics from Dakota Nix (shout outs to him) to a T. Seriously, this is where shit can get messed up and the program won't run. I used the program GIMP 2.8 to edit the pics and icon. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-edit-tga-files-for-haxchi.465027/

5. Once you have the three pics/icons and the two text files, move them into your haxchi folder on the root of your sd card. and i always delete the previous files in the haxchi folder then copy the new ones in rather than overwriting.

6. There ya have it, the files you need to copy over a DS game of choice.

Last edited by cagerhager, Apr 15, 2018
    lordelan likes this.
  5. JakobKG

JakobKG Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2018
    Norway
    Seems like I'm late to my own party here, I'll upload a .elf if GBATemp lets me.

e: Had to zip it since they don't allow .elf files, but here it is.

Attached Files:

Last edited by JakobKG, Apr 23, 2018
    JacobM and lordelan like this.
  6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    So this can be considered the newest and "best" version?
    If that's the case, @pwsincd might wanna update that in the wiiubru app store. :)

pwsincd likes this.
  7. JakobKG

JakobKG Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2018
    Norway
    My changes and the "MOD" changes have all been pulled into the original github repo by Ryuzaki_MrL, might as well wait for him to decide it's time for a new release. Besides, I was having troubles with the freetype libraries, so my build might not be perfect. I think some of the rendering is a bit off, like things are being slightly offset on some of the screens.

Masana likes this.
  8. enricojacko

enricojacko Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2018
    Italy
    Hello, I am not able to see the savegame for "Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door" that I installed through Wii U USB Helper (00050000-FF384D50). The game is not listed in Wii U titles and even not in the vWii titles inside Savemii.
    How can I be able to backup/restore these kind of savegames? (I need to replace my partial faulty console - graphic problems - with another one). Thanks for your help.

9. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    Does anyone know how to compile this with the latest changes, since @Ryuzaki_MrL merged the latest changes from the mod and @JakobKG's changes?

10. Ryuzaki_MrL
    OP

Ryuzaki_MrL Green Thunder

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    This is completely normal, the title is just a forwarder. Nintendon't stores Gamecube savefiles on the SD card already, under a "saves" folder.

For some reason I can't get savemii to work with latest devkitPPC. It compiles but stays at a black screen. I was doing a rewrite, but it's on the fridge due to lack of time.

Madridi likes this.
  11. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    I'm pretty sure he posted a compiled version a few posts above yours. Am I missing something more recent than March? See post linked below!

12. Ailuros27

Ailuros27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 7, 2015
    United States
    I think this means that his version is linked, not the one from the GitHub. It sounds like this has just his changes as well. I may be misunderstanding, though.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh. You couldn't get it to compile? I saw something about that on Discord the other day. Something about the original hello world having an include that it shouldn't have?

13. LeoIeiri

LeoIeiri GBAtemp Fan

May 10, 2017
    Zambia
    I delete my previus savedata can I restore again?