Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to use the build in this post, but it just keeps saying "Installation Failed". I deleted the rxTools folder before copying the new one over, so it's not an old data folder, the firmware.bin is 3485kb and the md5 is A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746, which is apparently the correct one, so it's not that, and I've deleted my history and cookies on the browser, so I'm not sure why it won't install. It does display a single dot [. ] on the bottom screen before the "Installation Failed" error pops up, although I'm not sure what that means.

O3DS
sysNAND 9.2.0-20E
mset 6.x (v5127)
9.8 emuNAND (although right now I can't actually access it, so that's sorta moot)

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question, is it possible to import a .3ds save to the cia version of the game without gateway? Basically I downloaded a 100% save data of Majora's Mask, but it's in .3ds save. And ya I couldn't find a .cia save so ya... :/

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to use the build in this post, but it just keeps saying "Installation Failed". I deleted the rxTools folder before copying the new one over, so it's not an old data folder, the firmware.bin is 3485kb and the md5 is A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746, which is apparently the correct one, so it's not that, and I've deleted my history and cookies on the browser, so I'm not sure why it won't install. It does display a single dot [. ] on the bottom screen before the "Installation Failed" error pops up, although I'm not sure what that means.

O3DS
sysNAND 9.2.0-20E
mset 6.x (v5127)
9.8 emuNAND (although right now I can't actually access it, so that's sorta moot)
Try v3.0alpha0.
Yep. Same thing.
Try v2.6.

Reactions: Rurounik9999
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The question is how do you restore a Gateway .sav file with SaveDataFiler.

Yup exactly that. The tutorial here states that the Gateway red card is required to mount the game, but either way SaveDataFiler did actually confuse me when I ran it. Anything I see does not match the titleid that I've been checking on the scene releases websites which is odd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does the Savedatafiler have a official thread/ webpage? I could't find it with gbatemp search tool
Gotta find it yourself since it's one of Nintendo's dev apps and it's illegal to link it here. Hint SaveDataFiler.cia and you should be fine.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
The question is how do you restore a Gateway .sav file with SaveDataFiler.
You need to learn more about savedatafiler Google something like 3ds save games (I sorry if that's not allowed) and there mainly gateway saves you can then import them to cia save I've done it on lots of games. I know it's cheating but hey.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to learn more about savedatafiler Google something like 3ds save games (I sorry if that's not allowed) and there mainly gateway saves you can then import them to cia save I've done it on lots of games. I know it's cheating but hey.
I have both the save and SaveDataFiler installed, now how do I import it to a cia save?

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you backup your SD card, format the emuNAND without upgrading it and try again?
I can actualy boot to emuNAND, but i have to hold the R button every time.
This is a strange bug.

Holly S***, i just formated my 2DS and it´s now asking me to calibrate the 3D Screen.
It´s showing the 3DS logo, not 2DS.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A strange bug: if you launch smash bros, go to home menu (dont close the app) and then open the settings you will see the firmware like always, without RX
On the O3DS systems, the system does a reboot to clear out any used RAM as Smash Bros. uses more RAM than other games. As a result, this boots you back into sysNand before Smash Bros. is launched. This reboot doesn't happen on the N3DS systems as they have more RAM. There is nothing that can be done and it is NOT a bug.

I can actualy boot to emuNAND, but i have to hold the R button every time.
This is a strange bug.

Holly S***, i just formated my 2DS and it´s now asking me to calibrate the 3D Screen.
It´s showing the 3DS logo, not 2DS.
Sounds like now have a Soft Brick as you probably had the 4.x MSET and not 6.x MSET. 6.x MSET is crucial on 2DS to not get a soft brick.

4.x MSET doesn't know how to handle the 2DS since it is expecting a 3D slider.

Reactions: Rurounik9999

Rurounik9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
On the O3DS systems, the system does a reboot to clear out any used RAM as Smash Bros. uses more RAM than other games. As a result, this boots you back into sysNand before Smash Bros. is launched. This reboot doesn't happen on the N3DS systems as they have more RAM. There is nothing that can be done and it is NOT a bug.

Sounds like now have a Soft Brick as you probably had the 4.x MSET and not 6.x MSET. 6.x MSET is crucial on 2DS to not get a soft brick.

4.x MSET doesn't know how to handle the 2DS since it is expecting a 3D slider.

Right you are.
Hardmod is my only hope, am i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn