Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, your NAND backup and hard mod save the day!
...right? Of course no one should use unsafe hacks before seeing multiple verifications.

I made a backup before I tried this, thankfully. But I don't have a hardmod, yet. I'll look into that.

Of course, sysNAND and emuNAND need to be same region and sysNAND must have a lower firmware than emuNAND.
I thought it was an evidence.

My Emunand was 9.5, Sysnand was 4.2, they were the same region. The Emunand was from the original nand on my 3DS, then I had done a system format on the sysnand with the SD card removed, separating them.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, your NAND backup and hard mod save the day!
...right? Of course no one should use unsafe hacks before seeing multiple verifications.

I have a emunand backup and an emunand mod. (but seriously though i should probably get a nand mod soon or make one myself)

Chocobubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A ticket.db file from 9.5 isn't going to get along with 4.x very well. I'm not too surprised you bricked it doing that.

Heh, well it's a little late now, huh? But now I know for future reference. Guess my DSiWare is toast for good.

I took a peek in my SD card and noticed the extracted ticket.db that was used to inject is 0KB. I probably should have checked that first, but rxTools said A-Okay, so it didn't occur to me.

At least now I know?

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, well it's a little late now, huh? But now I know for future reference. Guess my DSiWare is toast for good.

I took a peek in my SD card and noticed the extracted ticket.db that was used to inject is 0KB. I probably should have checked that first, but rxTools said A-Okay, so it didn't occur to me.

At least now I know?

Now i'm starting to wonder if this is how roxas bricked his 3ds...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Also, you can't just import the ticket.db from an emunand that was unlinked from sysnand. If you took it from a unlinked emunand and put in sysnand, you would also need to import the private.sed file as I believe the ticket file is encrypted/authenticated using part the KeyY string found there.

However it appears you didn't. Thus the console bricked when you imported the lone ticket.db file. Even if the file wasn't 0KB, you probably would have bricked it anyways. Also, since you have to move the the private.sed file over you'd also have to replace the contents of the data folder found inside the fat16 ctrpartition. (which can now be injected directly now that rxTools fixed file injection. However it still does not inject ctrnand fat16 directly to sysnand. It will only import that partition to emunand)

So in the end even if what you did worked, you'd just end up with a reset sysnand that would have you re-entered settings and you'd still lose what ever SD content you installed including DSiWare.

The Data folder contains important stuff like current NNID settings, extdata and save game data to system modules. If the console doesn't find valid files here, it essentially goes to a factory reset condition and would most likely toss your custom tickets.db file and installed stuff will vanish.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also, you can't just import the ticket.db from an emunand that was unlinked from sysnand. If you took it from a unlinked emunand and put in sysnand, you would also need to import the private.sed file as I believe the ticket file is encrypted/authenticated using part the KeyY string found there.

However it appears you didn't. Thus the console bricked when you imported the lone ticket.db file. Even if the tile wasn't 0KB, you probably would have bricked it anyways. Also, since you have to move the the private.sed file over you'd also have to replace the contents of the data folder found inside the fat16 ctrpartition. (which can now be injected directly now that rxTools fixed file injection. However it still does not inject ctrnand fat16 directly to sysnand. It will only import that partition to emunand)

So in the end even if what you did worked, you'd just end up with a reset sysnand that would have you re-entered settings and you'd still lose what ever SD content you installed including DSiWare.

No, it's authenticated using a special KeyX/KeyY pair initialized by bootrom.

Chocobubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However it appears you didn't. Thus the console bricked when you imported the lone ticket.db file. Even if the file wasn't 0KB, you probably would have bricked it anyways. Also, since you have to move the the private.sed file over you'd also have to replace the contents of the data folder found inside the fat16 ctrpartition. (which can now be injected directly now that rxTools fixed file injection. However it still does not inject ctrnand fat16 directly to sysnand. It will only import that partition to emunand)

The Data folder contains important stuff like current NNID settings, extdata and save game data to system modules. If the console doesn't find valid files here, it essentially goes to a factory reset condition and would most likely toss your custom tickets.db file and installed stuff will vanish.

That sounds like a huge complicated mess and way over my head, to be perfectly honest.

All I wanted to do was get my DSiWare working again since I broke it from splicing my Sysnand and Emunand. Is there any way to do that once I get everything de-bricked?

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That sounds like a huge complicated mess and way over my head, to be perfectly honest.

All I wanted to do was get my DSiWare working again since I broke it from splicing my Sysnand and Emunand. Is there any way to do that once I get everything de-bricked?
You can extract the ticket.db from your emuNAND and use funkycia with -personal option to make a legit (personal) CIA of your DSiWare. Then you install it to sysNAND with PBT-CFW.

Chocobubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can extract the ticket.db from your emuNAND and use funkycia with -personal option to make a legit (personal) CIA of your DSiWare. Then you install it to sysNAND with PBT-CFW.

Please excuse me while I head-desk and shout obscenities into the void.

Oh well, having the hardmod would have been a good idea sooner or later anyways.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a safemode on the 3DS ?

Do the NANDs need to be linked for that to work ?
Ehh...depends on what you mean by linked :P
I have two SD cards:
Card A: Linked 9.2 Sysnand and 9.6 Emunand
Card B: Unlinked 9.2 Sysnand and 9.2 Emunand.

I had a code for Legend of Zelda, so I downloaded that on Card A with 9.6 emunand. I wanted to get that game onto Card B (since no matter what, the very first nand that boots up will be your sysnand, weather you are on Card A or Card B) Since I downloaded the game onto a linked emunand, all I needed to do was extract the ticket.db and inject it into my 9.2 sysnand and copy the "dbs" folder and "title" folder contents onto Card B into my unlinked 9.2 sysnand folder.

I hope that makes since. It worked for me, and now I even have the newest SSB update on my Card B.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little afraid to.
I've read a few posts of people already having success with rxTools on 9.7 EmuNAND on O3DS.

What's there to be scared of? It's EmuNAND. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MAKING DRASTIC CHANGES (LIKE UPDATES)! Then, if anything goes wrong or doesn't work, you can just restore the old EmuNAND backup. Easy peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1