Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First party security updates are non existent. If you still run XP, you're just stubborn. Nothing more. "If it works" doesn't apply here.

Also? Opinion vs fact? Really, people?

Opinion is you thinking RxTools is "okay". Fact is that it's outdated and there are far better alternatives that you really should consider. Not even just A9LH and Luma.

I also got a chuckle out of that A9LH cult comment. Ignorance is bliss, I guess?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nostalgia glasses are fun.. Sometimes you have to take them off and see things for what they really are.
Chill fam, check my sig. I haven't used RXTools since A9LH came out. Just because I remember how good it was, doesn't mean that I don't realize how much it aged.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First party security updates are non existent. If you still run XP, you're just stubborn. Nothing more. "If it works" doesn't apply here.

Also? Opinion vs fact? Really, people?

Opinion is you thinking RxTools is "okay". Fact is that it's outdated and there are far better alternatives that you really should consider. Not even just A9LH and Luma.

I also got a chuckle out of that A9LH cult comment. Ignorance is bliss, I guess?

Nostalgia glasses are fun.. Sometimes you have to take them off and see things for what they really are.
usage case is just as important as how dated it is. Usually it can be better to work with what is present instead of starting anew, if the situation DOES NOT REQUIRE something that the old does not have to offer. It can end up being more efficient effort-wise depending on the problem. It just shows how little respect there are for people who prefer older things...

Shining Greninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usage case is just as important as how dated it is. Usually it can be better to work with what is present instead of starting anew, if the situation DOES NOT REQUIRE something that the old does not have to offer. It can end up being more efficient effort-wise depending on the problem. It just shows how little respect there are for people who prefer older things...
I can't actually believe that there are some people defending others for using RXTools. What a world we live in, what a fucking world...

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least we have respect and consideration... and a will to want to understand

That "will to understand" ended a long time ago when RxTools users flooded the forum with support topics, asking why their outdated firmware failed to work with Sun/Moon, with many ignoring repeated (polite) attempts at telling them to update as that was their only hope (many of the replies going as far as to walk them through updating (literally renaming a file in your loader)).

Leave them to their own devices, and they just shout louder.

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That "will to understand" ended a long time ago when RxTools users flooded the forum with support topics, asking why their outdated firmware failed to work with Sun/Moon, with many ignoring repeated (polite) attempts at telling them to update as that was their only hope (many of the replies going as far as to walk them through updating (literally renaming a file in your loader)).

Leave them to their own devices, and they just shout louder.
that sounds more like impatience and intolerance on the community end... but then again, I didn't see too much of it anyway, since i'm usually on the homebrew forum, not the firmware forum. Plus, at that point, I would tell them the only solution would be to switch to luma CFW since RxTools did not support games like those. (just curious, what was the reason it didn't?)

tapwater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sounds more like impatience and intolerance on the community end... but then again, I didn't see too much of it anyway, since i'm usually on the homebrew forum, not the firmware forum. Plus, at that point, I would tell them the only solution would be to switch to luma CFW since RxTools did not support games like those. (just curious, what was the reason it didn't?)
Games like sun and Moon require extended memory mode. Rxtools just sits in a corner and does nothing when the system firmlaunches into extended memory mode.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games like sun and Moon require extended memory mode. Rxtools just sits in a corner and does nothing when the system firmlaunches into extended memory mode.
Not only: The newer games require a newer FIRM. RXTools still uses 9.6 FIRM, though it will change with Yet Another RXTools.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't actually believe that there are some people defending others for using RXTools. What a world we live in, what a fucking world...
So defending someone who has an opinion is horrible?

I can say the same about StapleButter and MarioMaster, how someone said that StapleButter is the biggest hater on the earth for hating Windows 10, and MarioMaster defended him.

Seriously, you're logic makes no sense at this point.

well I remember being able to play smash with rxtools and emunand....
Same here.

Last edited by NightScript,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its-waters-are-10-times-saltier-than-regular-sea-water-while-full-of-therapeutic-minerals-the-water-is-toxic-to-ingest.jpg

Do you guys know what this is? This is the Dead Sea, and it is the saltiest place on earth. However, the level of salt in this thread may soon break the world record and replace the Dead Sea. So I ask, can everyone please chillax and get along? Everyone is entitled to their opinions about RXTools, there's no need to be rude...

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
First, just literally wrong
http://gbatemp.net/threads/faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Second, this project is indeed dead. Both teams involved stopped working on it. But the spirit of RXTools has lived on in this project.
As for all the suggestions to "Switch to Luma3DS," why not just suggest my thread? Not everyone wants to use Luma3DS and my thread covers all the current CFW projects going on. Maybe people will be more willing to switch to another CFW if it actually fits their needs. Luma3DS isn't the only project and it doesn't fit the needs to everyone. This isn't an attack on the project nor the dev, this is a fact. Suggesting more options and letting someone choose what they really want will make everyone happy in the end.
And if people want to use RXTools, they can continue using this or wait for the other project to finish. They've been making some amazing progress and could go for some love and support.
Sorry, where do you mention Luma with the 8x16 font? Or all the other Luma forks?

its-waters-are-10-times-saltier-than-regular-sea-water-while-full-of-therapeutic-minerals-the-water-is-toxic-to-ingest.jpg

Do you guys know what this is? This is the Dead Sea, and it is the saltiest place on earth. However, the level of salt in this thread may soon break the world record and replace the Dead Sea. So I ask, can everyone please chillax and get along? Everyone is entitled to their opinions about RXTools, there's no need to be rude...
I'm actually living around 50km from it

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You literally have no idea what you are talking about and your failed attempts at trolling aren't amusing.
First, there is literally just one active fork of Luma3DS. Every other project was chased off this site before they could even do anything.
It's also kind of funny that Luma3DS itself started out as a fork of ReiNAND, but back then the community actually let the project thrive. So it was able to actually take root and become what is now.
You aren't funny, you aren't helping, and quite honestly I am pretty sure you won't be allowed on this site soon if you keep acting like this.
I don't have any idea what you're talking about either. What fork are you talking about? I was talking about https://github.com/trbocode/Luma3DS/

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't have any idea what you're talking about either. What fork are you talking about? I was talking about https://github.com/trbocode/Luma3DS/
Wow, that is actually a thing? Sorry about that, I will edit my post. I might tag that onto the Luma3DS section on my thread
I do appoligize for being rather rude. You did appear to be trolling there and without context nor a tone to go off of, It's hard to give a proper judgement.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol