Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
ive wasted lots time waiting for stable release of rxtools... im waiting since august of 2015, they keep on promising that they will release a version on a certain period of time, like "probably by the end of september" and i xpected jan 2016 and they say it will not take longer than that, but whats the month as of today? still nothing... they make people expect so much but in the end, no stable release since roxas75 abandoned the program...

much better to switch to aureinand, i just set it up yesterday, and it was great simple cfw... it has region free/gba/dsiware patched... it has a recovery ability if we brick... thats why no point to waiting rxtools... so guys, lets move on... after almost 7-8 months of waiting for stable release, yesterday is the day that i finally moved on being obsessive to rxtools... and i hate it...

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ive wasted lots time waiting for stable release of rxtools... im waiting since august of 2015, they keep on promising that they will release a version on a certain period of time, like "probably by the end of september" and i xpected jan 2016 and they say it will not take longer than that, but whats the month as of today? still nothing... they make people expect so much but in the end, no stable release since roxas75 abandoned the program...

much better to switch to aureinand, i just set it up yesterday, and it was great simple cfw... it has region free/gba/dsiware patched... it has a recovery ability if we brick... thats why no point to waiting rxtools... so guys, lets move on... after almost 7-8 months of waiting for stable release, yesterday is the day that i finally moved on being obsessive to rxtools... and i hate it...
RxTools is dead.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RxTools is dead.
And you base this on what exactly? Yes AuReiNand is a very great cfw and just because there has been a stable release in a while doesn't make RxTools dead. There has been a lot of talk in the past month about them moving on to a more firmware based cfw than a tools based cfw. They've even given it a new name and it may take a while but with a whole team working together and all the new advancements in a9lh if it ever does come to fruition it will more than likely take it's place back on top again.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
And you base this on what exactly? Yes AuReiNand is a very great cfw and just because there has been a stable release in a while doesn't make RxTools dead. There has been a lot of talk in the past month about them moving on to a more firmware based cfw than a tools based cfw. They've even given it a new name and it may take a while but with a whole team working together and all the new advancements in a9lh if it ever does come to fruition it will more than likely take it's place back on top again.
There haven't been any commits in forever. Everyone left except for Alberto who has said he's extremely busy with real life stuff

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
There haven't been any commits in forever. Everyone left except for Alberto who has said he's extremely busy with real life stuff
While that's true, he did say he is not abandon it. So it's not "dead" yet. Outdated, inferior, whatever you wanna call it is probably true at the moment. But you can't say it's dead when there is an official statement saying otherwise at the moment.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But you can't say it's dead when there is an official statement saying otherwise at the moment.
The last proper release was during the @Roxas75 era (6/29/15) and the last beta release was over two months ago (2/10/16). While those two dates may make it sound like that hasn't been that long of a time, just look at how far ahead AuReiNand has gotten in only three/four months.

Reactions: noctis90210

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have it installed on my homebrew menu and on Ctrbootmanager but I don't understand most of its features. And I'm clinging to Menuhax at least until July XD

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well during the week I am in a training center with limited internet access and on the week-ends I go with my family and the computer and wi-fi is shared between us 5 (6 or 7 when my brother is herere with his girlfriend). In July the rest of the family will go to Corsica, and I'll be able to follow Pailect's guide for hours without disturbing anyone...XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.