Status
Not open for further replies.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ofc the matching browser wouldn't work as its a dummy browser LOL

I could've sworn there was an update to 8.1 for n3DS that applied the browser from 9.0 (or 8.1 having its own browser, NOT the dummy browser), but I can't find where I had saw that, so meh.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to use Homebrew Launcher on 8.1j browserless, because it requires a browser. Thus, the rxtools.3dsx file cannot be used.

Gateway and NTR CFW get around this by having their own QR codes that load their code directly, rather than going through the browser. You can then of course use Gateway to install the MSET exploit, too. As far as I'm aware, they are the only two CFW that work on 8.1j browserless. Would be interesting to know why - if Gateway can do it, then others should be able to do it too, right?

The browser is only required to get the initial exploited data on the CN card. If you have powersaves or another 3ds to put the 8.1 sploit on the CN card, you can use it on the 8.1j. But then again, there's also OOT hax that will work the same way.

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I installed Python to my Windows 10 PC, and double-clicked the "n3ds_cdn_firm.py" file to open it like I'm supposed to. Nothing happened, I didn't get a "firm" folder or anything. I tried opening it in "IDLE 3.5 (32 bit)", and it looked like a programming editor, so I hit "run module" from there, figuring that it would open the program manually. I got an error message that says "Missing parenthesis in call to 'print' ".

I don't know how to write anything in Python, but the code looks easy enough to read, and somebody said it was possible to download manually, so I tried copy/pasting the address in the code in Firefox to see if I could just download the files myself. That didn't work either, I got to a page saying I needed HTTP authorization or something to access anything.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

You installed the wrong version of Python. The scripts require version 2.7.x

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got Python working, I ran the .py program for my N3DS, and followed the directions for the quick start guide. Now it won't boot, and stays in a black screen. I know it's RxTools that isn't working because when I go back to having the Homebrew Launcher as my boot.3dsx, the Homebrew Launcher loads. I tried setting up RxTools to launch from there like I had before, and it locks up when loading RxTools.

I'm a bit curious about one of the steps I had to follow. I created the "firm" folder like it wanted, but there was only one file inside, which got replaced when I used the Cakes version with the same name. If that was the case, why have the "firm" folder step done at all? Why not just say "create an empty folder called "firm" and place the Cakes firmware in it."? Any ideas why it's locking up now? I'll try it a few more times in case I'm just having bad luck with the booting process, but I've never had this issue before.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The browser is only required to get the initial exploited data on the CN card. If you have powersaves or another 3ds to put the 8.1 sploit on the CN card, you can use it on the 8.1j. But then again, there's also OOT hax that will work the same way.
Even if that's the case, there's no 8.1.0-0J payload.

I have a Gateway which works on my 8.1j machine so I can install hacks like OoThax if it comes to it. I'm trying to move away from using the DRM dongle.

Last edited by sj33,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that was the case, why have the "firm" folder step done at all? Why not just say "create an empty folder called "firm" and place the Cakes firmware in it."? Any ideas why it's locking up now? I'll try it a few more times in case I'm just having bad luck with the booting process, but I've never had this issue before.
It's not the case. Look at the readme.md. YOU DO NOT USE CAKE'S ANYTHING. And NOTHING is titled firmware.bin for rxTools anymore.

Last edited by urherenow,

DaniOre90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um hi First of all thanks for the update, Um i have a question why is it that when i boot rxtools 3.0 beta2 no options appear like fbi injection boot emunand etc. it just launcs emunand automatically. Please help saludos Roxas & the new team.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got everything working, with only one hitch now: eShop doesn't work. Do I still need the spoofer program, or is there some other method that works now? I would have thought a 10.5 EmuNAND would have been good enough to get on it, but then I remembered that Nintendo changed how eShop works a while back.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I finally got everything working, with only one hitch now: eShop doesn't work. Do I still need the spoofer program, or is there some other method that works now? I would have thought a 10.5 EmuNAND would have been good enough to get on it, but then I remembered that Nintendo changed how eShop works a while back.

Define "doesn't work". Are you getting an update nag, or some sort of error code (if so, what is the exact error code)?

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says...

Error Code: 022-2634

Nothing specific beyond that beyond saying that there was an error. It doesn't say anything on what the code even means.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says...

Nothing specific beyond that beyond saying that there was an error. It doesn't say anything on what the code even means.

If you get the "022-2634" when trying to access the eShop on the latest EmuNAND, try this (thanks to @Nestar):

Warning: Spoilers inside! 1. Backup your emuNAND.
2. Backup all emuNAND files (ticket.db etc.) with rxTools.
3. Backup the content of your SD card.
4. Format emuNAND.
5. Recover your SD card content and boot rxTools in emuNAND.
6. Update to 10.3.0-28X and boot into emuNAND again.
7. Go to system settings and to NNID at the top; follow instructions.
8. Boot emuNAND and start the eShop; simply restart the 3DS if it keeps looping after the password input.
9. Once in the eShop, close it and shut down.
10. Recover your whole SD card once more. *
11. Inject emuNAND backup.
12. Inject all emuNAND file backups.
13. Start the eShop in emuNAND and it should refresh your software.
14. And now you should have emuNAND eShop access without any loss ofStreetPass/Save/Friend/etc. data.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm supposed to hold "L" when RxTools is booting to start the menu to do things, right? I tried that and it froze on the RxTools logo on top screen and blank screen on bottom.

God, just updating this has been taking all day.

Arkse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What you will need:
Tiny Format
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tinyformat.391635/
Decrypt9WIP
https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-open-source-decryption-tools-wip.388831/
Emunand9
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-emunand9tool-open-source-emunand-formatter-manager.405921/

1. Backup emunand with Emunand9 (Decrypt9WIP can backup emuNAND too)
  2. Format emunand using tiny format
  3. Setup nnid after format finishes
  4. In Decrypt9WIP under emunand options, dump nnid
  5. Restore emunand from backup
  6. Inject nnid backup into restored emunand
This is how I fixed my issue. Hope it helped.
I used this method and everything is good :)

EDIT : You don't need to go into rxTools menu, you need to be in emuNAND to do the steps.

Last edited by Arkse,

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Um hi First of all thanks for the update, Um i have a question why is it that when i boot rxtools 3.0 beta2 no options appear like fbi injection boot emunand etc. it just launcs emunand automatically. Please help saludos Roxas & the new team.

Did you try holding L during the rxtools boot?
That's how you bring up the menu with options to launch emunand or sysnand with signature patches or even inject FBI.

Reactions: fr3quency

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will there be any work on arm9loaderhax with this
lol i wouldn't get your hopes up. It took them more than a month longer than everyone else to support 9.6+ emuNAND for new3DS users.

The rxTools devs are busy with real life commitments, and recent NATIVE_FIRM updates have produced significant changes and challenges for them.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It says...

022-2634 is an NNID not-logged-in error.
You'll never be able to visit e-shop unless you get the linked NNID logged in.

Last edited by MelonGx,

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me? just donwloaded the Beta2 file from github, got the firm folder, placed it on my rxtools folder and transfered the folder to my SD card (I deleted the old one)

but it just hangs on a black screen, not even a single sign of it working is shown, any help?

edit: I'm using ctrbootmanager to boot it

btw: o3DS

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
lol i wouldn't get your hopes up. It took them more than a month longer than everyone else to support 9.6+ emuNAND for new3DS users.

The rxTools devs are busy with real life commitments, and recent NATIVE_FIRM updates have produced significant changes and challenges for them.
Actually, my sdcard adapter for the hardmod has arrived yesterday, so should start working on arm9loaderhax pretty soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1