Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. One more thing. I'm probably going to want to update the EmuNAND once I unlink them to 9.5. I keep reading that the only safe way to do so is with sysupdater or something. Can't I just update via game cart? If I remember right, Xenoblade Chronicles should have an 9.5 update in it, so I'd just need to go into EmuNAND, put in the game, and hit update, right? (I bought a Sky3DS to use as a Cubic Ninja substitute back when CN was at its most expensive, it just seemed easier. I can easily use it for Xenoblade instead for updating purposes.)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EmceeKerser formatting doesn't change any FIRM files. You may need to reinstall the MSET ROP, but that's it. Formatting only changes your NAND /data/<ID0> and <ID1> folders and in movable.sed (and clear out your Nintendo 3ds folder if you don't remove your SD card first).

Edit: to be more clear, all games and stuff you installed will be gone, but firmware files themselves would remain the same. So if you have a patched AGB_FIRM installed, it should still be a patched AGB_FIRM after the format.

Okay. One more thing. I'm probably going to want to update the EmuNAND once I unlink them to 9.5. I keep reading that the only safe way to do so is with sysupdater or something. Can't I just update via game cart?
You can, just be sure you aren't using firmlaunch when you do it. I don't remember if devmode is working on N3DS right now... if not, use Pasta with firmlaunch disabled.

Last edited by urherenow,

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay so I installed ThemeHax on my N3DS (firmware 9.0) and I'm trying to start rxTools from the homebrew menu using the modified .3dsx file posted by @Steveice10. However, I only get to the point where the rxTools splashscreen is displayed on the topscreen, the touchscreen stays black and the 3DS freezes at this point. Is there anything I can do about that? My NANDs are unlinked.

EDIT: The same thing happens when trying to start rxTools with browserhax after uninstalling themehax

Last edited by MichiS97,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay so I installed ThemeHax on my N3DS (firmware 9.0) and I'm trying to start rxTools from the homebrew menu using the modified .3dsx file posted by @Steveice10. However, I only get to the point where the rxTools splashscreen is displayed on the topscreen, the touchscreen stays black and the 3DS freezes at this point. Is there anything I can do about that? My NANDs are unlinked.
Did you forget to format your sysnand after creating the emunand?
Remember that every version requires a different payload for the rop chain in the exploit. If your nands are the same but in different versions, they'll use the same exact files and your sysnand's theme cache will make the emunand's home menu crash

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you forget to format your sysnand after creating the emunand?
Remember that every version requires a different payload for the rop chain in the exploit. If your nands are the same but in different versions, they'll use the same exact files and your sysnand's theme cache will make the emunand's home menu crash
Like I said, my NANDs are unlinked, so yes, I did format my sysNAND

bache

Trophies
XP
Country

EDIT: The same thing happens when trying to start rxTools with browserhax after uninstalling themehax

Press A to bypass the "Installation Failed" message on the bottom screen (screen is black, but still works). Let it sit for a few more seconds to get past the screen that says to hold down R for the boot menu.
You'll then be launched into emunand.

Reactions: piratesephiroth

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Press A to bypass the "Installation Failed" message on the bottom screen (screen is black, but still works). Let it sit for a few more seconds to get past the screen that says to hold down R for the boot menu.
You'll then be launched into emunand.
That doesn't fix my problem sadly. Pressing A doesn't do anything.

JagN9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I've been kind of disconnected with the community... Currently using 9.2 Spider exploit from sysNAND 9.2 on O3DSXL and load rxTools 2.6. (emunand 9.9)

I want to update to the last version, but now rxTools loads from /rxTools/sys/code.bin... How should I set up my exploit? Should I keep using Spider or switch to another one?

Thanks in advance.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been kind of disconnected with the community... Currently using 9.2 Spider exploit from sysNAND 9.2 on O3DSXL and load rxTools 2.6. (emunand 9.9)

I want to update to the last version, but now rxTools loads from /rxTools/sys/code.bin... How should I set up my exploit? Should I keep using Spider or switch to another one?

Thanks in advance.
Switch to new nightly builds

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does quick boot

Thanks in advance.
latest one comes with spider and nds installers too

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to wait about 15 seconds after the top screen shows. Then press start and it boots to emunand for me on n3ds 9.0
Hm...I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. It just won't work me for no matter how long I wait and which buttons I press. My emuNAND boots fine when I'm booting it with Gateway so that's not the issue...

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try the updated cakes one. That works fine for me too. It was posted early this morning it's in the cakes section posted by stevice
Do you mean using CakesFW as a whole? I don't have any use for that to be honest, since I'm perfectly fine with my Gateway but I'd like to switch to rxTools to be able to decrypt games.

EDIT: I feel pretty stupid now. I put the firmware.bin file in the wrong folder. It works now, thanks for your help.

Last edited by MichiS97,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCL50u8DgSQ