Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can Anyone tell me if there is a way to use the ds profile exploit for rxtools without a ds flashcard? I got the browser.
Thank you.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can Anyone tell me if there is a way to use the ds profile exploit for rxtools without a ds flashcard? I got the browser.
Thank you.
Yes, there is. In my builds you'll find a QR Code to scan using the 3DS camera from the home menu (press L+R when you're in the home menu and tap the QR code icon).
I haven't tested this personally, but it should install the NVRAM without a flashcard.

EDIT: make sure you copied the mset folder before scanning the QR code.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, there is. In my builds you'll find a QR Code to scan using the 3DS camera from the home menu (press L+R when you're in the home menu and tap the QR code icon).
I haven't tested this personally, but it should install the NVRAM without a flashcard.

EDIT: make sure you copied the mset folder before scanning the QR code.
Oh ! You provide the qr codes in your builds ? Good initiative !

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was actually @piratesephiroth's idea :)
hI79h4h.png

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talking about downgrading to 4.x using Gateway's menu, because that procedure is pretty much irrelevant now.

I'm talking about upgrading/downgrading from inside Gateway mode, which is not possible because it allows overwriting all the files except the core of the system, breaking the process and bricking the console.

You need to use rxTools' devmode for that.

Like you said. Downgrading complete firmwares is irrelevant. Apparently, "splitting hairs" is going over your head too. But speaking of splitting hairs... You speak as though retools devmode is the only option. There were options way before rxtools was a thing, like pbw for example

I meant downgrade to other fw versions. And there is a chance of bricking still. Small, but it's there.
Too small to mention. GW menu will refuse to perform the downgrade without a NAND backup on the SD. OK, if you purposely put bad .dg and bad nand.bin files on your card...

piratesepheroth says it's irrelevant (which it IS) because there really is no reason to downgrade anything except for MSET, and browser, which is safe to do with GW. If you really did want to downgrade the entire firmware anyway, the safest thing to do would be to go to 4.x with GW, then upgrade to your goal from there.

Last edited by urherenow,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you said. Downgrading complete firmwares is irrelevant. Apparently, "splitting hairs" is going over your head too. But speaking of splitting hairs... You speak as though retools devmode is the only option. There were options way before rxtools was a thing, like pbw for example

Too small to mention. GW menu will refuse to perform the downgrade without a NAND backup on the SD. OK, if you purposely put bad .dg and bad nand.bin files on your card...

piratesepheroth says it's irrelevant (which it IS) because there really is no reason to downgrade anything except for MSET, and browser, which is safe to do with GW. If you really did want to downgrade the entire firmware anyway, the safest thing to do would be to go to 4.x with GW, then upgrade to your goal from there.
I've had a bad backup before. And honestly, I know, I'm just saying. And for some firmwares, 4.x isn't low enough. And as far as others, I know. Pasta counts too. Anyway, I don't wanna argue. I dee your point too.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had a bad backup before. And honestly, I know, I'm just saying. And for some firmwares, 4.x isn't low enough. And as far as others, I know. Pasta counts too. Anyway, I don't wanna argue. I dee your point too.
Slightly off topic; does Pasta disable firmlaunch, or is it the same as rxTools devmode and reiNAND?

That or it's a language error.
Nope. Region free just makes it appear without region checks patched.
If it's a language error (ala Majora's Mask), you can use NTR3's language plugin to force Japanese and it should work. If it doesn't, it's unlikely to be a language error.

Reactions: Margen67

Uncee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slightly off topic; does Pasta disable firmlaunch, or is it the same as rxTools devmode and reiNAND?

If it's a language error (ala Majora's Mask), you can use NTR3's language plugin to force Japanese and it should work. If it doesn't, it's unlikely to be a language error.
Ehm. Where do I get this NTR3 Language Plugin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT