Status
Not open for further replies.

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something really weird happened today.
i closed the lid of the system while in smash bros then when i wanted to continue pressed home button but suddenly it said sd card removed.
and now half of my games work but another ones are either not there or the top screen shows nothing(in the system menu) and when i launch tjem it says sd card removed.i'm sure that my sd card is okay.(and i cant backup my save so...:()

fitz420

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 9.2 (sysnand) using sysupdater along with the .cia version of the update file (google it). You'll have to make an (update)folder on the sd root and place the .cia files there. Make sure to only update with sysupdater in DEVMODE or you'll end up with an expensive paper weight.

Here is a basic idea, ignore the 3DNUS part and google the .cia yourself. And remember to only update in DEVMODE.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/
1.Am I right in thinking that 3DNUS isn't working anymore to download the proper files. Isn't for me, and others seem to have the same problem. Without that I'm really not sure where to find the files or what filenames to search for.

2.Also, if I did downgrade to 4.x would I be able to upgrade using this method at a later date or am stuck.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1.Am I right in thinking that 3DNUS isn't working anymore to download the proper files. Isn't for me, and others seem to have the same problem. Without that I'm really not sure where to find the files or what filenames to search for.

2.Also, if I did downgrade to 4.x would I be able to upgrade using this method at a later date or am stuck.

1 - yeah, it seems Nintendo deleted some old files from the update servers to make the downgrade process more difficult.
2 - yeah, you can always upgrade to any version as long as you have the necessary CIA files and a working CFW (never use Gateway for this kind of upgrade).

Reactions: fitz420

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to run a DS flash cart and install the profile exploit on an emunand? I want to be able to enter rxTools again to switch back to the real NAND.
I guess it is technically possible. Remember we could do that in the old leaked CFW (if we're lucky).
We didn't have to install anything additonal though. The CFW read the same DS profile and reacted exactly like the sysnand.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there's a thread where everyone gets their roms that has all of the important files. Search there.

Reactions: fitz420

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to run a DS flash cart and install the profile exploit on an emunand? I want to be able to enter rxTools again to switch back to the real NAND.
No you can't because you can't run rxTools on rxMode :\ Try to launch the mset on rxMode sysNAND and you will see...
Also rxTools can't run on an emuNAND v9.3 or 9.9 in CFW mode for exemple, only 9.2

So if you want to do something like that you can use cakeFW to launch a 9.2 emuNAND with which you can launch rxTools through the emuNAND mset to load the sysNAND in devmode and with the sysNAND mset you can launch cakeFW to launch the 9.2 emuNAND... etc, etc...

XD

Reactions: JoostinOnline

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@pakrett , can you tell me which fw versions accept the 6.x mset?
I was on 7.2 and it didn't work. I upgraded to 9.2 but it kinda sucks because we can't set different themes if the nands are linked.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@pakrett , can you tell me which fw versions accept the 6.x mset?
I was on 7.2 and it didn't work. I upgraded to 9.2 but it kinda sucks because we can't set different themes if the nands are linked.
Normally all version past 4.X, even 5.X I guess. What's your way to install the mset exploit ? Browser version of your 7.2 NAND backup ?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Normally all version past 4.X, even 5.X I guess. What's your way to install the mset exploit ? Browser version of your 7.2 backup ?
Installed using the .nds installer. rxTools just never booted successfully in fw 7.2 via mset. Worked fine via browser.

I will try to downgrade to 8.1 then.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure you used the rxinstaller included and selected 6.X rxtools (assuming you have the 6.X mset)? I tested 7.1.0-16E + 6.X mset and it worked fine.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you sure you used the rxinstaller included and selected 6.X rxtools (assuming you have the 6.X mset)? I tested 7.1.0-16E + 6.X mset and it worked fine.
Yeah, I did everything correctly. The nds files matched rxtools and installed mset versions. Must have been some error in my 7.2 system.

Anyway, downgraded to 8.1 and 6.x mset is working perfectly.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what really matters is how you got to 7.2. If you were there legitimately with an online update and simply didn't update after that, then perhaps rxtools has a bug to be squashed. If you updated via rom or .cia files from a CFW, then most likely your NATIVE_FIRM was not properly installed and the hack doesn't recognize your Kernel version, when compared to your system version.

Reactions: pakrett
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool