Not open for further replies.

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
AA6300DED1540C6687982C5BFB7C6C62
for firmware.bin right?

Nope. A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746

In the zip, open /release/Tools/cdn_firm.py with something like WordPad (Unix linebreaks goes crazy in notepad). The FIRST url of the three in that file, go to it. It will download a file named 00000049.
Rename 00000049 to firmware.bin.

or just use the first URL here:
https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/blob/master/tools/cdn_firm.py

Good night ;)

tetshuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, if i want install rxtools unstable, i can use mset? what i need for it? i have 2ds with SysNand ver. 6.0.0-12e without mset for now (it doesn't work for me i don't know why :/) and rxtools 2.6 with unlinked EmuNand

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it don't work maybe you can try the build i compiled, and that works for me on O3DS.
i give you the link : Rxtools-18-08-2015

Edit: there's no firmware.bin inside, just the compiled repro.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's still not working to me. Do I need to put arm9_code.bin and arm11_code.bin in the root of my SD?

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you don't need them.
What's your 3DS version ? Firmware version? emunand version?
And if on O3DS,did you put the frimware.bin inside /rxtools/system/ folder ?

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Following Orkna's instructions, the fw.bin downloaded is 943 Kb and its MD5 is AA6300DED1540C6687982C5BFB7C6C62. Only running cdn_firm.py get I a fw.bin with a correct MD5 (3.5 Mb).

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No: although the firmware.bin is the correct one, I can't get it working. I'll restore the previous version (the only issue is I cannot open manuals) waiting for someone who got stuck into this problem and solved it. Thank you for your help.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The previous one still works. I think the issue lies in the rxinstaller.nds. Is the link to install it through browser operative?

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats right. I'm wrong! The script downloads the right file and it should have A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746

Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The previous one still works. I think the issue lies in the rxinstaller.nds. Is the link to install it through browser operative?
I installed with the new nds and it worked.

Yes, it's up for now:
http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&rxinstaller.bin

Place the /release/mset/rxinstaller.bin in SD-root.

The bottom screen should flash fast. Install done.

Just make sure that you use the right firmware.bin. Just run cdn_firm.py and put the firmware.bin in the SD:/rxTools/system/ folder.

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The page loads, crashes and an error message is returned. However, when I try to tap DS Profile button, nothing happens: it shows me the common DS Profile interface.
It's nothing new, though: just the same thing happened when I tried to install the old version (the one which loads .dat file), and I had to make use of a flashcard.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Regarding Rxtools 2.6, if we choose to boot into sysnand from the Rxtools menu, is this considered Devmode? Or do we have to find an option called Devmode? I'm about to install sysupdater and run it in sysnand.

The newer Rxtools has "Devmode" but isn't it the same as in 2.6. It just simply says "Launch Rxtools in sysnand". Is this still considered Devmode?

Last edited by MattKimura,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: Regarding Rxtools 2.6, if we choose to boot into sysnand from the Rxtools menu, is this considered Devmode? Or do we have to find an option called Devmode? I'm about to install sysupdater and run it in sysnand.

The newer Rxtools has "Devmode" but isn't it the same as in 2.6. It just simply says "Launch Rxtools in sysnand". Is this still considered Devmode?
It is not, don't run sysupdater in the mode! That is still rxmode. Some builds of 2.6 do have Devmode at the bottom of the menu; you may have an older build of 2.6

Reactions: MattKimura

Aww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats right. I'm wrong! The script downloads the right file and it should have A9DCD99A360E8629810F8ED08403D746

Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I installed with the new nds and it worked.

Yes, it's up for now:
http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&rxinstaller.bin

Place the /release/mset/rxinstaller.bin in SD-root.

The bottom screen should flash fast. Install done.

Just make sure that you use the right firmware.bin. Just run cdn_firm.py and put the firmware.bin in the SD:/rxTools/system/ folder.
Still doesn't work. Strange how 3.0 and below work (with the Installation Data Suite glitch) but these don't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    they go hand in hand unless you want a plumber performing your triple bypass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    If it's needed to keep you healthy it shouldn't cost you $90k. The fact that it does is an enormous problem
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    but yeah, affordable is all i'm asking for
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i'd be happy with affordable dentures
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With my old dentist he even encouraged switching insurance every quarter
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And if the concern is that "well we can't trust the government to intervene for this because the government can't do anything right and wastes tons of money" then holy shit push for a better government. I'm certainly trying to. Don't throw your hands up and go "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per