Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The launcher freezes on Press A to exit on the ticket dumper and CTR Decryptor and I put my rom in my SD card and it said it got decryped but i couldn't find the files anywhere.

It doesn't generate new files when decrypting roms. It overwrites the original with the decrypted version.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Another question... can I use this to decrypt digital games/apps on my 3DS's SD card - without the 3DS in question being homebrew-capable?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well my idea was to dump all nand partitions without the need of any xorpad. Not that difficul to implement.

the xorpad is nice, if you can, please let us generate it also, because then we can modify our hardware nand backups easily :)

Reactions: Margen67

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think you could add a SaveDataFiler-esque feature for retail cartridges?

As you eventually know Gateway mode still uses 4.x fake crypto even for 6.x crypto titles (and therefore SDF doesn't work with legit carts of new games). I guess a custom tool could circumvent that?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use SDF-like with higher crypto, you need sysNAND in the corresponding Version or key to decrypt/convert it.

I think the best solution would be a similar Tool working with emuNAND that can disable rom mounting/reactivate cartridge in Gateway Modus.

I don't know if rxTools booting up launcher.dat + hacks to keep cartridge instead rom mounting could work.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Gateway mode doesn't use the new save keys. I know this because roms dumped from retail carts don't have accessible saves even when renamed to 3DZ. You'll have to modify the payload Gateway is using to get the correct save key working and even then you might as well be working on your own CFW at that point.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
** Oops forgot I had already posted. *** Merge this please! :P

FYI, the Update 9.5.0-23X updates the Browser to 1.7585 and disables the Exploit.

rxTools doesn't work past 9.2, so this is irrelevant. Unless you're a masochist and want to download the 9.5.0-23 version of the browser from CDN and install it on your 9.2 sysnand. lolz. :P

Also note that game cartridges will never have this patched browser because browser updates are never included with game packaged updates.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sounds fairly plausible, the system would have to be on 6.x+ to do it as the 6.x save decryption key hasn't been dumped (or at-least leaked), so it would rely on the 6.x save key already being loaded up at system boot

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was possible to load regionthree past 9.2.0 and thats now gone too.

Magic would be rxTools capeable to install valid cia files ;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It was possible to load regionthree past 9.2.0 and thats now gone too.

Magic would be rxTools capeable to install cia files ;)
it would be fairly pointless, you would only be able to use signed content.....imo i would says its beyond the scope of this project....i would look towards KARL3DS for that kind of stuff, but it would still only be signed content only, so system updates or the system bundled games

but i guess its upto the OP what he works on :D

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
it would be fairly pointless, you would only be able to use signed content.....imo i would says its beyond the scope of this project....i would look towards KARL3DS for that kind of stuff, but it would still only be signed content only, so system updates or the system bundled games

but i guess its upto the OP what he works on :D

Actually rxTools having a CIA installer for "signed" content would help me out. I've been trying to update sysnand to 9.2 but Gateway's exploit and Palantine CFW exploit breaks something in the process and always results in a brick. :(

But either way I don't think CIA installation will be a thing with rxTools. I think that falls outside the scope the dev for this had planned. You're better off trying to get the devs for Karl3DS to allow install of signed CIA content. They seem more likely to allow it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Actually rxTools having a CIA installer for "signed" content would help me out. I've been trying to update sysnand to 9.2 but Gateway's exploit and Palantine CFW exploit breaks something in the process and always results in a brick. :(

But either way I don't think CIA installation will be a thing with rxTools. I think that falls outside the scope the dev for this had planned. You're better off trying to get the devs for Karl3DS to allow install of signed CIA content. They seem more likely to allow it.
no, i know it would be useful and who knows maybe he will implement it, but for the most part i guess it would be pretty complex to work out and really only benefit a handful of people, who would only be using it as a one-time thing

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i know it would be useful and who knows maybe he will implement it, but for the most part i guess it would be pretty complex to work out and really only benefit a handful of people, who would only be using it as a one-time thing

Staging cia install to a higher level could fix devmenu's limit to actualy overwrite installed valid systemfiles with same version, locked files or switching to lower version.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah it's only useful for installing updates and the few bundled games available.

It would be nice if someone found a way to hijack the app instalation procedure to generate 'clean' tickets

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah it's only useful for installing updates and the few bundled games available.

It would be nice if someone found a way to hijack the app instalation procedure to generate 'clean' tickets
thats not possible (well unless someone obtains the super magic signing keys required to create valid tickets), the ticket is "signed" for the specific console, the only time this doesn't apply is for system updates (as all console use them anyway and i doubt pirated system updates wories them much....or bundled games where they are pre-installed during manufacture so they just have the one copy of the game signed to work on any console.....for everything else eshop titles dlc etc the ticket is uniquely generated on a per console basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.