I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ahh ninjhax aint broken. :P

Nonetheless more booting options is always good. :)

No. For standard 2.6 rxTools it isn't. But once CakeHax replaces the old payloads Ninjhax will break. These changes will fix that:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools-Cakes/commit/8e75db95c155624fb0820fae9001b7cabf4f597d

Once CakeHax is live the above changes to brahma will boot it.

I tried to boot the new themed GUI but the best I got was it displaying the top screen logo with the bottom screen remaining black.

The screen buffers/addresses still need to be worked out. Whatever they do to to fix it for MSET 9.x will probably correct some issues with Ninjhax as well.

Credit to AHP_Person for pointing out the needed changes. :D

Reactions: Syphurith

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. For standard 2.6 rxTools it isn't. But once CakeHax replaces the old payloads Ninjhax will break. Whatever they do to to fix it for MSET 9.x will probably correct some issues with Ninjhax as well.

Can we actually boot up rxtools from o3DS 9.0 with downgraded mset? This is something I'm so confused about. Roxas even included options for downgrading mset for o3DS, but what for? I was thinking it must be for downgrading 9.0 mset to 4.5. Me and @Lenan would love to know if mset exploit works on 9.0 o3DS to boot rxtools?

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to dump my secureinfo_a file off my O3DS 4.5. When running rxtools it says creating data and then failed: err -2. I have slot0x25keyx.bin on the root of the SD card as well.

Any reason why this wouldn't work and any possible solutions? I've tried 3 SD cards so far as well, one being brand new.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Can we actually boot up rxtools from o3DS 9.0 with downgraded mset? This is something I'm so confused about. Roxas even included options for downgrading mset for o3DS, but what for? I was thinking it must be for downgrading 9.0 mset to 4.5. Me and @Lenan would love to know if mset exploit works on 9.0 o3DS to boot rxtools?

My fork of rxTools does:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools/releases

Use downgraded MSET and use the included NDS file to install the correct ROP. It will work from MSET on 9.x if you downgraded system settings to the 4.x version. (rxTools already has the MSET downgrader now so you can use that to do this)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok got the theme working and merged with CakeHax. But there's some issues with the bottom screen when launched from MSET/Spider:

View attachment 21067 View attachment 21068
(click to enlarge)

I will link to the merged source that you can compile and tweak your self. This was pulled from midkid's fork with current rxTools source merged. It boots fine it looks like. but the bottom screen is fudged when booted from MSET 9.x. Initial setup menu causes theme gui to not appear at all. (but does boot if you let it time out or hit X/A right away). After initial setup the GUI works with the top screen looking normal (but top screen remains blank I think on initial setup)

So some further tweaks will be needed with the draw code.

Link to the source:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/apachethunder/3ds/rxToolsTest.zip

It should build fine in windows. Best of luck merging it with github. The CakeHax submodule gave me trouble last time I tried to add it to a repository that didn't have it. Github won't let me create a second fork of rxTools.

Seems like it looks jacked up when booted from Spider too. Did not test Ninjhax.

The source has filepack not encrypted. You can re-enable that if you want, but I don't think this is the reason for this. The new entry ROP is more then likely not getting along with current draw code. Running rxTools with no encryption on data.bin/filepack did not alter how my draw code behaved with my fork of rxTools. Seems to be an issue with new draw code instead.
You can create a new branch instead of a new fork ;)

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi

Why does it install that additional SD Data to make RxMode boot faster each time I launch RxTools?

caytung07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Why does it install that additional SD Data to make RxMode boot faster each time I launch RxTools?
That's an install error, I have this problem too, failed so many times even tried to run firmware.bin and rxtools.dat files from another successful install of some buddy.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an install error, I have this problem too, failed so many times even tried to run firmware.bin and rxtools.dat files from another successful install of some buddy.
Did you ever fix the issue? I'm getting similar error.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You can create a new branch instead of a new fork ;)

Didn't know about that. I went ahead and did that:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools-Cakes/tree/merged

This branch does not have my personal changes. It's the current rxTools main branch with CakeHAX merged. Fixed brahma is also present. This is the branch you use to test for fixing the frame buffer issues of bottom screen. Ninjhax will work on this version once they fix the screen frame buffers.

This branch can't be auto merged by Github, so the Cakehax submodule (and the p3ds submodule of CakeHax) must be added manually if they are going to merge this to the official master.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

javiMaD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to install this MSET exploit with a QR code and a code.bin file?

Don't have a DS flashcart and this is exactly what I'm looking for, I hope that this feature will be incluse in rxTools "official" releases!

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Now settings are ready, they saves two things:
1) The option to boot the UI everytime
2) The selected theme

These things are saved into sdcard/rxTools/data/system.txt, which is composed by 2 chars:

The first one is the force GUI boot (1=enabled 0=disabled), the second is the theme (0-9).

Anticrash checks:
-If the selected theme doesn't exist, it loads the theme 0 (default)
-If the file doesn't exist, it gets created (content: "00").

I also added more GUI images, now the main menu is almost done (only credits screen is missing)

You can find all those things in latest github commit ;)

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest that we should make a new thread which has an up to date OP once the GUI feature is implemented.
As of now it's very difficult to follow any progress.
A nice list of planned features is badly needed.

Last edited by megazero1x1,

Crusard

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I need some help.
I need a description for these menus. (only those with a "-" behind)
I'd do it myself but my English is very bad.

Decryption Options
-- Decrypt CTR Titles
-- Decryp Title Keys
-- Generate Xorpads
-- Decrypt partitions
-- Generate fat16 xorpads

Inyection options
-- Inject emuNAND partitions
-- inyect NAND files

Dumping options
-- Create NAND dump
-- Dump sysNAND titles
-- Dump NAND files

Advanced options
-- Downgrade MSET on sysNAND
-- Install FBI over Health&safety app

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

4VQbO5U.gif

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the 9.x mset but it doesn't work on my 2DS. I have erased the old "firmware.bin" and "rxtools.dat" and replace with your new rxtools and "firmwareRX.bin". I have downgraded mset to 4.x and uses your rop.dat but it keeps giving a grey image on 2 screens and freezes. I had no problem booting cakes with your old mset.

EDIT:Now working with mset.
To make it work i launch Rxtools using spider. Since it was the first time it installed data rquired and then i tried to launch it via mset and now it works.

Last edited by will67,

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol