Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well its not like youre spitting on his project, just make a pull request or send him a PM or something because its really confusing to the scene with all these different variations and yours is pretty sweet as well. Im sure hes a reasonable person, and if something is better why not use it right?

@Roxas75 I summon thee!

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Well its not like youre spitting on his project, just make a pull request or send him a PM or something because its really confusing to the scene with all these different variations and yours is pretty sweet as well. Im sure hes a reasonable person, and if something is better why not use it right?

@Roxas75 I summon thee!
I think a switcher for all of them is the solution until a proper cfw appears

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The link to the updated rxTools.dat are dead?
it works for me
if you can not download it, download my mod, It uses the updated one

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
haves some lack, take gwmode for examples
also it's kinda comfusing for noobs
it's hard to use gba games without a mod or be a genious

Well Im not a genious, and neither are the dozens of people who managed to follow a simple written tutorial ;)
Personally I dont care about those GBA games, theyre just bling in my opinion. The most wanted feature is a free emunand and thats all that most people need. A auto-boot emunand feature would be awesome, or just the option to enable-disable it but all in all this is a pretty sweet CFW.

Again, ifyou think youre up to it, make a pull request or PM Roxas with your ideas; Im sure hes gonna at least consider them.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Well Im not a genious, and neither are the dozens of people who managed to follow a simple written tutorial ;)
Personally I dont care about those GBA games, theyre just bling in my opinion. The most wanted feature is a free emunand and thats all that most people need. A auto-boot emunand feature would be awesome, or just the option to enable-disable it but all in all this is a pretty sweet CFW.

Again, ifyou think youre up to it, make a pull request or PM Roxas with your ideas; Im sure hes gonna at least consider them.
a most wanted features does not create a fully capable cfw with everything everyone likes
also, some noobs have updated his sysnand due to RX-S and RX-E

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

Whoops. Did not realize this was being used when pull requesting a new makefile and gitignore.
I'm used to it generally not being a good idea to put binaries in the repo, and rather make a bugfix release than have people download the latest file you hope the last person who changed anything rebuilt and tested.
If roxas wants to have it in his repo anyway, he'll put it back.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man all those CFWs with all the different features and stuff.

Now that the cat is out of the bag and pretty much everyone has the sig checks disabled, why don't the project leaders of rxTools, CakesFW and Pasta CFW join forces to create one ultimate CFW?
I mean, all those CFWs are missing things that the other has and now that they don't differ anymore because of the disabled signature checks, they should combine their efforts to a) create an all in one CFW b) works faster and efficient and c) become the driving force in the 3DS CFW scene ... look at the fragmented mess that's currently going on.

We have like 3 CFW with like 2 mods ... why?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Man all those CFWs with all the different features and stuff.

Now that the cat is out of the bag and pretty much everyone has the sig checks disabled, why don't the project leaders of rxTools, CakesFW and Pasta CFW join forces to create one ultimate CFW?
I mean, all those CFWs are missing things that the other has and now that they don't differ anymore because of the disabled signature checks, they should combine their efforts to a) create an all in one CFW b) works faster and efficient and c) become the driving force in the 3DS CFW scene ... look at the fragmented mess that's currently going on.

We have like 3 CFW with like 2 mods ... why?

If im not mistaken Cakes is pretty much a mod of the original rxTools with some tweaks, the only one starting from scratch is PASTA which lacks emuNand but has an awesome UI.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Must I download 7.1.0-18 EUR update in .CIA files (Pack as .CIA) or just folders?"
Pack as cia. Type 7.1.0-16 (and not 18) in title and EUR in version, then click on Download. Onece it's done, create an updates folder on your sd card root and put all the cias in it. -> Done
"How to get this file? Is 3DSNUS needed to get it? How to proceed?"
With 3DNUS too. Type 0004001000022300 in title and 3077 in version. Don't touch the rest. -> Done

- Inject FBI in the sysnand -> Error message
- Use sysupdater and 3DNUS to update your console to 7.1.0
- Restore the original H&S title with devmenu_2x (0004001000022300, v3077 for EU)
I have error message when I try to install FBI on sysnand :
"Editing Health&Safety Information...
Failure!

Press A to Exit"

Is there someting I failed to do ?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dunno, but it works on emunand, you can do all the steps here then extract it and flash it in your sysnand.
Also, if you have a gateway or cubic ninja, you can directly use it to install sysupdater on the sysnand without the FBI injection.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Latest source/makefiles is broken. I can't compile it now. :(

Code:
C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master>make
cc -std=c11 -O2 -Wall -Wextra  -o tools/fill_with_zero tools/toolsrc/fill_with
_zero/main.c
make: cc: Command not found
make: *** [tools/fill_with_zero] Error 127

C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master>rem copy release\rxTools.dat G:\rxTools.
dat

C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

You really need to work on making this Windows friendly. :(

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The best you'd probably do with video capture on the 3DS is saving video to SD while recording. I very much doubt the 3DS will have enough free resources while a game is playing to record audio/video and stream it through Wifi. (that and many games make use of wifi and could interfere with this).

n3DS might be able to pull off video recording to SD. But I don't think regular 3DS can handle it.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest source/makefiles is broken. I can't compile it now. :(

Code:
C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master>make
cc -std=c11 -O2 -Wall -Wextra  -o tools/fill_with_zero tools/toolsrc/fill_with
_zero/main.c
make: cc: Command not found
make: *** [tools/fill_with_zero] Error 127

C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master>rem copy release\rxTools.dat G:\rxTools.
dat

C:\Users\Spenser\Desktop\rxTools-master>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

You really need to work on making this Windows friendly. :(
First, redownload the branch becouse i've just commited a fix.
And if you are under windows, type : make release LINK.c=gcc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc