Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu

i think the title key is the same for the same contents.
    yes, if you have the title key in a ticket, in your ticket.db then you will be able to decrypt and use the stuff downloaded from eshop.
    but, for the ticket to be recognized, rxtools will need to patch out the signature checks for it.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    OK, I finally have everything up and running. Now the big Question since there are so many Pages: How do I go about taking a .3ds Game and create a XORPAD for a eShop Game?

Margen67 likes this.
  3. MYNAMEISGOBLIN

Newcomer

New Zealand
    Whenever I try launching rx tools throught browser, my console freezes (black screen). I am on sysnand 4.4 and 9.4 emunand. I can launch the menu with the option to dump and inject files however and tried re downloading the files.
    Any help would be appreciated

4. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah there needs to be instructions on how to obtain Files needed for making XORPADS. Got everything needed except sdinfo.bin . Tried looking around to no avail. Is all I need. But how would I go about making a XORPAD for a eShop Game?

5. lPolarisl

lPolarisl GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    Check your slot0x25KeyX.bin file/try another one, I had the same issue.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. overlord00

overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Don't quote me on this, but I'm decently sure this is the case.
    I believe I've got a bug.

When attempting to dump my ticket.db I foolishly and mistakenly chose the incorrect option and selected to inject a new and non-existant ticket.db to sysnand.
    It said there was no ticket.db to restore and that was it.
    Tried to find the dump setting for what I wanted and ended up attempting to dump all tickets on sysnand (or something to that extent). I didn't want to so battery out and then tried to reset the device... nothing. Tried again, nothing.

I was able to make a nand dump (via hardmod) to see if I could at least get my ticket.db back.
    Turns out, that injecting no ticket.db overwrites all data leaving you with 0 bytes and a bricked system.
    It's unlikely that attempting to dump then stopping said dump would lead to this, but tampering with injecting on sysnand leads me to believe this is the case.
    I don't think this was the intended outcome of this sort of thing, actually modifying data when it shouldn't.
    I know Roxas75 was taking a break from this project a few weeks ago and hasn't been working on this, but I thought I'd report this just in case. This may or may not be how it was meant to work.

cheers for the software. works pretty great (when you don't do stupid things).

TL;DR; Trying to inject ticket.db on sysnand without providing the actual replacement ticket.db, seems to cause the writing of a replacement file that is 0 bytes.

sblast3, Margen67 and lPolarisl like this.
  7. lPolarisl

lPolarisl GBAtemp Fan

Hungary
    Lucky you have a hardmod...

cearp and Margen67 like this.
  8. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/285574-3DS-To-CIA-Converter-v4-0

https://gbatemp.net/threads/funkycia-guide-how-to-make-cias-from-your-eshop-stuff.377015/

No. You didn't try looking around. Googling "eshop to cia" has the funky cia thread as the first hit.

9. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    There seems to be a serious flaw with RomFS decryption for CTR Decrypter. SciresM brought this to my attention and after checking confirmed it myself. It appears to corrupt random blocks of data sometimes. I used the ctrtool -y command to verify a romfs.bin extracted from a rom decrypted using rxTools awhile back and sure enough, level 1 and 2 fail checks. So that means some files inside the romfs are corrupted. It could be just one or two, but it could be game breaking and cause it to crash or not boot. Reportedly it also has a chance of causing a block of data getting corrupt in exefs as well.

I would recommend the process for decrypting roms is redone. Perhaps the fact that it writes to the same file is the cause. I would recommend changing it to write to a new file when using the CTR Decrypter.

Arkansaw, Margen67 and Suiginou like this.
  10. b1l1s

b1l1s GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia

I have my own decryptor that writes to the same file. Works fine, but then again I decrypt all partitions, so any miswrites near the end would corrupt the manual or update, which I never bothered to check.

Margen67 likes this.
  11. snakemeat

snakemeat Member

Cool, can you please share it?

Margen67 likes this.
  12. b1l1s

b1l1s GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia

4.x only(using roxas' mset_firmlaunchax_4x), so it's useless for most people.. Select the file(.cci .3ds .cxi) you want to decrypt, and press A.

Attached Files:

snakemeat, Margen67 and cearp like this.
  13. damos1212

damos1212 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Does this not work on 9.7 sysnand? Had an old emunand sd lying around and wanted to boot it.

14. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States

15. damos1212

damos1212 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    alright guess i'm screwed then :/

16. snakemeat

snakemeat Member

Thanks roxas75 for the tool. Hope you are feeling better (based on your blog entry about a motorbike accident).

I've seen corrupted/undecrypted files a number of times as well. Extracted files, of known formats (BCSTM, for example), appear to be undecrypted, or just scrambled. The headers of these files do not even closely resemble what they should.

I'd also like to request, if time allows, decryption of system containers, CTR-P-CTAP volumes.

I'm hopeful it gets fixed because decryption, if accurate, is so much easier this way. Thanks again for all the effort.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. bardaxx

bardaxx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    i'm launch it on 4.5, when i'm on the rx emuNANDS how to update to the last firmware? its possibile?

18. Stoned

Stoned GBAtemp Addict

Germany

When You in Emunand than Use System Settings when It Show´s 4.5.x-xE than go to System Update Not Leave the Syste Settings.
    When it Show´s 4.5.x-xR Than do not Update

19. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No offense, but seriously... if English isn't your forte, don't bother trying to give advice that can cause trouble for people who don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Arcanuskun likes this.
  20. bardaxx

bardaxx Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    LooooL In fact, I have not understood what it meant to

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], rxTools, Roxas75

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.