Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The true best method is to format a new emuNAND, update it with sysUpdater (that brick only while in sysNAND) and flash it back to sysNAND.

I just had a user brick a 3DS even when using this on emunand (and then flashing back to sysnand). The method you mentioned still results in a brick at the end of the day. sysupdater is completely useless in my opinion now that I know this. I highly recommend everyone stay the **k away from it. The developer needs to get it fixed. There is no way to use this safely with a Gateway and I don't understand why he won't make a workaround for it. The unreleased test app that I got from a different dev used a similar method of installing NATIVE_FIRM that gets along with Gateway. In this case I see the dev's unwillingness to support Gateway users potentially dangerous.

I would recommend you retract that statement or modify it to indicate it will never work with Gateway in anyway.

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The true best method is to format a new emuNAND, update it with sysUpdater (that brick only while in sysNAND) and flash it back to sysNAND.
This is 100% false and resulted in a brick. Edit: Oops, Apache Thunder already pointed it out. I'm the one he mentioned who tried this and got bricked. I used sysUpdater to update an emuNAND to 9.2 and it worked fine. But then when I flashed the emuNAND to sysNAND it bricked me. :cry:

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The is what I get on m N3DS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 315
Reactions: Fishaman P

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
about the dumped system titles, I am seeing a bunch of .app files which according to ctrtool, is decrypted. But after extracting the romfs, it could not be unpacked. Does this mean the romfs is still encrypted and what further steps must I do to unpack it?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
about the dumped system titles, I am seeing a bunch of .app files which according to ctrtool, is decrypted. But after extracting the romfs, it could not be unpacked. Does this mean the romfs is still encrypted and what further steps must I do to unpack it?

It doesn't appear to decrypt system apps correctly. RomFS is still encrypted. I found that I could decrypt RomFS using a xorpad. But you'd have to convert the system app to 3DS before you can gen xorpads for it.

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't appear to decrypt system apps correctly. RomFS is still encrypted. I found that I could decrypt RomFS using a xorpad. But you'd have to convert the system app to 3DS before you can gen xorpads for it.

No, you just have to drag and drop on the ncchinfo generator and you will obtain a nice ncchinfo.bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1