Not open for further replies.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, I have a question:
I'm currently on 9.5 emunand using gateway.
I have an original copy of Smash, and I wanna download the latest patch.

So what I need to do is backup emunand -> launch rx tools -> update to 9.7 -> download the patch -> restore old emunand.
After that the game will work just fine on Classic mode, right?
I don't think so, because the update does store some data on the NAND, so by restoring your old emuNAND, it will be as if you never installed it.
I say just get the update in CIA format and install it that way.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so, because the update does store some data on the NAND, so by restoring your old emuNAND, it will be as if you never installed it.
I say just get the update in CIA format and install it that way.
This is why ticket.db needs to be extracted from the updated emunand, then injected into the old emunand. Nothing from a game patch gets installed in NAND, only the tickets...

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have a question:
I'm currently on 9.5 emunand using gateway.
I have an original copy of Smash, and I wanna download the latest patch.

So what I need to do is backup emunand -> launch rx tools -> update to 9.7 -> download the patch -> restore old emunand.
After that the game will work just fine on Classic mode, right?

Yes, you have to use rxtools, follow this :
- Backup your emunand,
- launch rxMode,
- update your emunand then reboot,
- launch rxMode again and do your updates,
- lauch rxTools and extract the title.db of your new emunand,
- restore your previous emunand,
- launch rxtools again and restore the title.db in your GW emunand,
- restart and launch in gateway mode.

Reactions: Varia

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already got emuNAND installed, but it is 9.5. In order to get Rxtools Emunand, do i need to format EmuNAND, or simple get the right files on the 3DS and launch the URL, then update?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I already got emuNAND installed, but it is 9.5. In order to get Rxtools Emunand, do i need to format EmuNAND, or simple get the right files on the 3DS and launch the URL, then update?
You don't have to format emuNAND, rxTools will boot 9.5 just fine.
But you should make a backup of emuNAND before updating in rxTools, because Gateway can't boot 9.7.

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't have to format emuNAND, rxTools will boot 9.5 just fine.
But you should make a backup of emuNAND before updating in rxTools, because Gateway can't boot 9.7.

Yes, but with Rxtools i can launch 97 right? Also, with Rxtools, from the moment i use it, i don't use the go.gateway-3ds.com url anymore, but instead always the rxtools url?

Also, how do I backup EmuNAND? Seems like itss an hiden partition on my sd?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Always keep in mind when using rxTools

Backup your NAND (Gateway Launcher.dat or rxTools)
Backup your EmuNAND with "EmuNAND tool" if you are on Windows or "EmuNAND Tool Max" for MAC/Linux or use rxTools itself
When you have done the upgrade to 9.7 and it's working, make a backup from your fresh RX-Emunand 9.7, this way you have a backup when something goes wrong and avoids you to do the whoile update process again

You should have backups of:
- Your sysnand (4.5 or 9.2)
- Your latest Gateway working Emunand, GW3D-Emunand (9.5)
- Your freshly working emunand under rxTools, RX-Emunand (9.7)

Keep in mind to always make an emunand backup when you switch emunand version

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The EmuNAND tool you mentioned only Extracts / Injects emuNAND? How would i make a backup? Extracting it, copying, and injecting it ?

Also, how do i backup SysNAND?

Also, asked it before, but once i got Rx GW 9.7, do i keep using the Rxtool url or just the normal Gw Url?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EmuNAND tool you mentioned only Extracts / Injects emuNAND? How would i make a backup? Extracting it, copying, and injecting it ?

Also, how do i backup SysNAND?

Also, asked it before, but once i got Rx GW 9.7, do i keep using the Rxtool url or just the normal Gw Url?

When it says "extract", it really means "reads data and makes a copy in a .bin file". It's just a fancier way of saying "Back up"

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to download an eshop game/update on Sysnand by using Eshop Firmware Spoofing and then ejecting its title.db using RXTools and then injecting in on Emunand? Apache Thunder Can you please tell me, thanks. :D

If they are unlinked you are wasting your time. What you should do is backup emunand, then use rxMode to update emunand to 9.7. Afterwords install your game updates (assuming you have a previous version of your updates installed), then exit and restore your emunand. If you had tickets from previous versions of the updates the new updates will still work once you return emunand back to 9.6

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that, it only formats the 2.7GB FAT32 portion, not the EmuNAND portion (I've tried formatting that partition specifically, but Windows wont let me touch it because it's "an unknown format") :/
The next thing I'd try is the good old Panasonic SD Formatter, and if that still doesn't work, I'm absolutely sure you can boot up a small Linux distro and fix it with GParted.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next thing I'd try is the good old Panasonic SD Formatter, and if that still doesn't work, I'm absolutely sure you can boot up a small Linux distro and fix it with GParted.

Oh, I didn't even think of GParted! (I do have Ubuntu installed on my computer). I'll give that a go, that should definitely work. Thanks!

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I didn't even think of GParted! (I do have Ubuntu installed on my computer). I'll give that a go, that should definitely work. Thanks!
Using windows' built-in format tool doesn't work because it just recreates the partition as it saw it. You need to use a program (like GParted) to delete the partition so the whole disk is shown as unallocated then just make a new partition.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had emuNAND running on my 4GB card and wanted to upgrade to a bigger SD....

How can I extract my Mii,Mii Plaza & Friends list from my 4GB card and inject into my 16GB SD?

I already setup the 16GB with new emuNAND with RXTools 2.4 :)

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I had emuNAND running on my 4GB card and wanted to upgrade to a bigger SD....

How can I extract my Mii,Mii Plaza & Friends list from my 4GB card and inject into my 16GB SD?

I already setup the 16GB with new emuNAND with RXTools 2.4 :)
You can just extract the emuNAND from your 4GB card and copy it onto your 16GB card.

Reactions: Digital.One.Entity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm