Status
Not open for further replies.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ApacheThunder, speaking of injecting files to SysNAND, would it be possible to inject 6.x save keys into a pre-6.x SysNAND?

Reactions: Margen67

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@ApacheThunder, speaking of injecting files to SysNAND, would it be possible to inject 6.x save keys into a pre-6.x SysNAND?

No. I believe you would have to modify the Arm9 binary to change the keys and it would break the file signing and bootrom would reject it.

SandwichSage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still doesn't work...

Reformated emunand with the gateway launcher, booted up rxtools, went on launch rxmode, 10 secs of loading, then black screen. (Same thing when I go on back to main menu btw.)
Also, the nand I dumped is only 943 mb, whereas the ones gateway dumps me are 954 mb (and they work, already did nand restores with them).

3DS XL, 9.2-E
SD samsung 10 sdhc, 32gb

The NAND dump issue still persist in rxTools 2.4. I used the dump NAND option to dump my SysNAND and it is only 943.0 MiB (988,807,168 bytes) Toshiba while the SysNAND dump I took with the gateway launcher is 954.0 MiB (1,000,341,504 bytes) Samsung. Furthermore I can verify that the gateway SysNAND dumps are legit.

So it appears that rxTools NAND dump option assumes that all NANDs are Toshiba NANDs.

By the way I am using 9.2.0-20U 3DS XL.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The NAND dump issue still persist in rxTools 2.4. I used the dump NAND option to dump my SysNAND and it is only 943.0 MiB (988,807,168 bytes) Toshiba while the SysNAND dump I took with the gateway launcher is 954.0 MiB (1,000,341,504 bytes) Samsung. Furthermore I can verify that the gateway SysNAND dumps are legit.

So it appears that rxTools NAND dump option assumes that all NANDs are Toshiba NANDs.

By the way I am using 9.2.0-20U 3DS XL.
AFAIK rxTools dumps only the actual region occupied by data partitions from NAND, while gateway dumps just all NAND with trailing trash.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Yay! Got my 3DS back and now I can finally use rxTools :D

DSC_0663.jpg

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seeming as i've now discovered this, i might as well try to dual boot emuNANDs... either that or i could just keep switching emuNANDs on my computer, as and when i need to.

Edit: Glad to hear that the latest firmware (9.7.0-25) works with this, as i can now get all the game updates i need from the eshop now. thanks :)

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Uh, sysNAND gets bricked when importing ticket.db from linked emuNAND. Most likely an issue with rxTools (2.4).

I extracted ticket.db from emuNAND then tried injecting into sysNAND - borked.

sysNAND: 9.2.0-20E, emuNAND: 9.5.x

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Uh, sysNAND gets bricked when importing ticket.db from linked sysNAND. Most likely an issue with rxTools (2.4).

My emuNAND and sysNAND are UNLINKED, and I've injected my 9.6 emuNAND ticket.db into my 8.1 sysNAND without issue.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Uh, sysNAND gets bricked when importing ticket.db from linked sysNAND. Most likely an issue with rxTools (2.4).
Importing from sysnand or exporting into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse