seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rune Factory 4 Save Editor

Since there doesn't seem to be any save editor for this game up until now I'm making my own one. It also contains my checksum patching method for the saves and therefore the edited saves will be valid automatically.

updated to v0.0.8: The item editor is now fully functional and also has icons. Also check out the new about screen ;)
Right now it has the possibility to change these values:
->HP mod, RP mod, STR mod, VIT mod, INT mod, Level, XP
->Money, Prince Points, Tourists
->Lumber, Stone, Compost and Fodder
->Character Skills
->FP maximization script
->Field stats maximization script
->Item Editor Ultra: Can edit item, amount, levels, quality and rarity and has icons.
->FP and stats for people and animals

The finished program will additionally contain:
->player name, animal names, unicode support
->possibly some more stuff

I will update this thread as I go, you'll find the download link(s) below. Right now it is advised to backup your saves before using the editor, I won't be at fault, if it makes the universe explode due to some early release bugs^^

Dumping your saves with Gateway
General instructions
You'll need the tool SaveDataFiler and a flashcard like Gateway or some custom firmware to use it. The ids for the saves are:
00040000000D2800 (North American version)
0004000000065800 (Japanese version)
0004000000766600 (undubbed version by scrangos, .3ds)
Use the correct id for the following instructions.

If you're running the game as .cia, you'll need to export the "00D28" entry in the User tab of SaveDataFiler.
If you're running the game as .3ds, you'll need to extract the "CTR Card" entry in the same tab.

Alternative to SD card switching
Instead of always switching the sd card between pc and 3ds you can access your sd card with the 3ds wireless function.
I recommend using ftbrony, an ftp client for your 3ds, which you can download as .cia file (Download: http://wiidatabase.de/3ds-downloads/3ds-tools/ftbrony/)

Your 3ds needs to be connected to the internet, then start the tool. It will give you the ip and port, which you will need to connect via an ftp client. If you need a user name, it's "Anonymous". Windows 7+ users can just type "ftp://ip:Port" into the explorer address bar and it will connect, for example: "ftp://192.168.2.1:5000". Copy and edit your sd files as you like. If you want to close ftbrony and it hangs, that's because it's still connected, just hit the 3ds wlan switch and it will close.

CTR card -- broken --
This is due to the implementation of Gateway, but you can fix this:
1. Make sure you already saved once in this game.
2. Rename the save in the main folder of your sd card (00040000000D2800.sav for the NA version) to 000400000FF40A00.sav, this is a file created by Gateway.
3. Now, load the ROM with Gateway and use SaveDataFiler to export the CTR card entry, then reimport it.
----> fixed

Screenshot(s)
2nupp9i.jpg

Download Link
v0.0.8:
https://mega.nz/#!p4wA0SDB!mONs_yDs9N0kUjHuNTKK1wRkdFRiFfT5LY9jDj4Tg20

v0.0.8:
-item editor now has icons and full intended functionality, can edit item, amount, level and for crated items quality and rarity as well. Icons added.
-new about screen

v0.0.7:
-fixed the v0.0.6 version, it didn't write the checksum correctly for the rf4s.sav file, so you couldn't really change the extra order option without the game deleting the save

v0.0.6:
-people and animals tab now functional
-script Buttons were moved to the first tab
-editor now tries to load the rf4s.sav file from the same location as well for some additional options
-additional option: Activate extra orders like for example spriteswap.
-character skill exp were removed, they were kind of pointless, only making that tab feel stuffed
-all item containers can now be edited, shop box, weapon box, wardrobe and tool box added

v0.0.5:
-replaced HP and RP by their respective mod values, so you can increase the max
-the item editor has now base functionality, it can view items and change their type or create new ones, the changed items will come out as level 10 items and full stacks if stackable

v0.0.4:
-added FP maximization scripts for people and animals
-added field stats maximization script
-added item teaser

v0.0.3:
-fixed crash at the start of v0.0.2

v0.0.2:
-money and character skills added
-lots of design stuff

v0.0.1:
-contains basic character values:
HP, RP, STR mod, VIT mod, INT mod, Level, XP, Prince Points, Tourists, Lumber, Stone, Compost and Fodder.

Last edited by seikur0,

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went to try the app and forgot I modded in Powersaves previously. Is there support for multiple save slots? Also, the instructions don't work. :rofl:

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It supports multiple save slots, even has quicksave and load hotkeys from v0.0.2 on. And I will do the instructions at the end or something :D :P I mean it's pretty self explanatory, load the file, edit some values and save again.

Raidouthe1st

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Totally noob question but i cant seem to find my Rune Factory 4 save with savedatafiler on gateway, is there a different method to extracting save game that im not aware of?

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I included a small guide in my post. Basically it's the CTR Card entry in the User tab, that you'll need to export for normal card1 roms like RF4. (Fantasy Life is a special case, since it stores the save data directly on the sd card.)

Reactions: Raidouthe1st

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, so it seems to work for everything except for RP and HP. It only changes the "Current" value, not the "Maximum Value". So like you can set your HP to 4000 but it'll only last for a little bit of time because your HP will be "4000/216" or something. It doesn't change the maximum amount, so it won't stick. With RP it doesn't even change it the value at all if you go over your maximum.

Anyway to fix this?

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, these are the current values, I should make that more clear. Hm for the HP value, there is a stat mod value, which I haven't looked for until now. (Heart Drink increases your HP permanently, so this mod value must be there.) I can include that in one of the next updates.

However for RP there is no item to boost them permanently, thus there probably isn't such a mod value for them. You can increase them by increasing the level of certain skills like for example bathing or sleeping. Increasing your level should be working as well.

The game is pretty strict with maximum values, like your wood and stone won't go over 50000, even though 2 byte could hold 65535 and even though they're saved in a 4 byte space in the save file, and other stuff is capped at 99 or 999999999 or whatever with some nines. Long live the decimal system^^ I will only allow values up to these maximum values in some of the later versions of the editor.

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@TheOne61: There actually was a mod value for RP and I also implemented the one for HP, so now you can increase the maximum amount.

Also @ all: The item editor is now working^^

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It worked! That is awesome, thanks so much for this!

[EDIT]

Ok, so I didn't notice this until now, but the RP mod is not working. HP mod works great, but the RP mod doesn't. It's still awesome how you got it working for HP though! I guess RP just must not be editable?

Last edited by TheOne61,

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The RP is definitely working, I tested that and got 65535 RP. Maybe you didn't hit enter after editing the value and before saving? (I should change, that you need to do this^^)

Parn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I would like to start the game with the sprite swap directly enabled, do you think it could be possible ? (I'm on a EU version of the game, don't know if it works the same way ?)
Thanks !

seikur0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could be possible, that this is just one flag, but it would also be possible, that this is tied to your story progression and then you couldn't change just this feature. But it's probably easy to just find the offset for the current sprite, I'll look for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night