Hacking [RELEASE] Regionthree: Region Free loader for 3DS/2DS/xl from 9.0~9.4, Sky3DS Users, regionfree!!

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
switch to a rom with a region thats not your system. it will show up as a blank square... go to download play.. hit home and then directly open the browser.. then go to the website.. wait... and sky3ds will play the game.

But going to the website means will need Internet connection?
The comment I seen is so don't need Internet connection. Also how to install android app onto 3ds.

I can't mess about n try yet though as I don't have my sky3ds till it arrives

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But going to the website means will need Internet connection?
The comment I seen is so don't need Internet connection. Also how to install android app onto 3ds.

I can't mess about n try yet though as I don't have my sky3ds till it arrives

You dont need a constant internet connection.. once the game starts.. you can turn it off.

jakrodriguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my use of Regionthree I've noticed that in some rare cases you will have to delete all cookies and maybe your history to get the exploit working again,
even if the browser was used for nothing but the exploit. This only happened to me once so I don't know if this is an issue all users will experience.
This also happened when I switched games, so that might have something do it.

Yrruf

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried a japan imported Animal Crossing: New Leaf and has not worked. But can confirm that a friend has been able to play a Fire Emblem from another region.

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have a problem, (USA console) in Sky3ds to change rom between USA and EUR, EUR game delete the data saved every time I change the microSD (have one for USA and another with EUR games), specifically the game (EUR) Profesor Layton Y La Máscara De Los Prodigios. If there is any way that does not erase the data saved each time to change region games or MicroSD I would appreciate.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is anyone working on compatibility list for regionthree?
If nobody is, people can report games to me and I had idea to start compatibility list thread for games and regions to let people know what has been tested and checked to work 100%
My theory is that some games require system menu to be on Japanese in order to be able to start game. Same how it is case for some Wii games. Some games start fine with Priiloader hack but some require Japanese system menu or will not run at all. Considering EU/USA 3DS consoles have no Japanese language in system menu, I assume that sadly most of Japanese games will not work. We even saw proof from smea that System menu plays huge role in this because Japanese Smash Bros played on English because of English system menu and apparently game cartridge's are regionally identical except for artwork (if USA Smash Bros was played on Japanese 3DS, I can bet in anything it would have Japanese language thanks to System Menu).

So what do you guys say? Are you up for compatibility list making? I was thinking of making thread but if someone else is willing to do it and maybe has more games confirmed can start instead. Either way, it would be very good idea since that way we can save people from importing incompatible games. Perhaps person with both USA and Japanese 3DS would be best to do testings? For EUR 3DS, I assume it is same like USA because of English system menu.

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're talking about compatibility here, then I can confirm that Senran Kagura 2 Shinku works with the region free exploit. Though it's only in Japanese, but that's not much of a surprise.

... I also only have this game for science.... strictly science.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
If we're talking about compatibility here, then I can confirm that Senran Kagura 2 Shinku works with the region free exploit. Though it's only in Japanese, but that's not much of a surprise.

... I also only have this game for science.... strictly science.
I love you! True sciencetist to the core! I am curious behind the physics of this game... More research material needed. *nods*

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I will confirm Hatsune Miku; Project Mirai 2 is fully functional.

Just remember to press power button, then home button. Pressing home button will lock up the system. Now to test Beyond the Labyrinth cart.

crimsonnight

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't find any lists of top import 3DS games (ie containing little Japanese) anywhere :( anybody got any links/recommendations? Games only released in the USA would also be good :)

netboy1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only access my sd card through DiskWriter so how do I put the region free file on the root of SD card. Does it need to but added via DiskWriter??

idlesiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should just be able to save the .dat file onto the sd card when it opens. You would access the sd card like any other hard drive or usb :) Once you've inserted the sd card into your computer or card reader, go to My Computer and it will show a card with 3ds/nintendo data. Drop the .dat file or save it on the root of the card (so not in any folder at all)

I got reigonthree to work on both my ambassador US 3ds (playing MH4) and my Japanese special edition Monster Hunter LL (playing Zero's Escape and MH3U) (which I'm super stoked about)!

jakrodriguez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if Regionthree cause this but it seems that using Regionthree breaks the miiverse and friends applications on your 3ds.
Just noticed today that I can longer use them as they just load without booting up.
Has anybody else using the exploit had this happen to them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1