Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
687474703a2f2f72696e6e65676174616d616e74652e69742f7261796361737433646c6f676f2e706e67

RayCast3D is a 3D Game Engine for Nintendo 3DS / PSVITA which runs under Lua Player Plus.
It uses Ray-Casting algorithm (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_casting) to generate a 3D world starting from a 2D map allowing to create basic 3D games without any knowledge of how 3D rendering works.
On PSVITA it runs good with accuracy values >= 3.
In the download package you'll find also a little sample app.

At the moment these are the Features RayCast3D offers:

• Different tile size maps
  • Automated camera and player position management
  • Support for huge maps (pratically there aren't limitations)
  • Support for sky rendering and floor rendering
  • Automated minimap renderer with player position
  • Textured walls support
  • Wall Collisions check
  • Shading support
  • Bullet system (Ray casting with returning values)
What this engine needs to be finished is listed in this TODO List:

• Player collisions with walls
  • Sprites support for animations
  • Bullets physic
  • Editable FOV
  • Support to textures for walls, sky, floors

Video of a sample app

Credits:

Repository:
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/Lua-RayCast3D/tree/master

Download:
Here you can download the first alpha version (v.0.1) with a sample tech demo and a short documentation for the available functions: https://rinnegatamante.it

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Rinne, you are machine. Just pumpin life into the vita. Thanks man, can't wait to install this.

You should thanks the bad weather not allowing me to go to the beach and the fact that i have made lots of projects for 3DS that are relatively easy to port to PSVITA for me :P

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You should thanks the bad weather not allowing me to go to the beach and the fact that i have made lots of projects for 3DS that are relatively easy to port to PSVITA for me :P
huh, here I have good weather, live near the shore, and barely went to the beach this year x.x

SYNYST3R1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very excited to see this engine because I've been looking for something like it on pc for awhile now. I'm new with LUA and a pretty amateur programmer in general so these may be dumb questions... Is there a way to make the 2D image draw in the first layer instead of disappearing? Or will that come with the sprite animation support? Is there any way to test the game in Windows?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I'm very excited to see this engine because I've been looking for something like it on pc for awhile now. I'm new with LUA and a pretty amateur programmer in general so these may be dumb questions... Is there a way to make the 2D image draw in the first layer instead of disappearing? Or will that come with the sprite animation support? Is there any way to test the game in Windows?

What do you mean by "make the 3d image draw in the first layer instead of disappearing?"

Anyway, atm there's no lpp-vita debugger for PC. There's one for lpp-3ds (where RayCast3D exists too) but it's still in early stage and doesn't support RayCast3D at all.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

SYNYST3R1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "make the 3d image draw in the first layer instead of disappearing?"

Anyway, atm there's no lpp-vita debugger for PC. There's one for lpp-3ds (where RayCast3D exists too) but it's still in early stage and doesn't support RayCast3D at all.
It hides the 2D image behind the walls. Is there a way to do a UI that always draws in front of everything else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: