Homebrew [release] QR Web Installer (cia installer)

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI >= 2.2.1 can now handle QR installs natively (however, without MEGA support).

This application is deprecated and further efforts will be directed towards extending FBI to provide both MEGA file and folder support.

QR Web Loader v0.8.0

NOW WITH DIRECT CIA DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL FROM MEGA.NZ

https://github.com/ksanislo/QRWebLoader/releases

This is a .CIA file installer, it will download and install whatever file you make a QR code link for. You can make QR codes with http://ctrlq.org/qrcode/ or any other site or phone app that produces standard QR codes.

If you have a previous version of QR Web Loader, you can upgrade by scanning this QR block with the old version. If you have problems upgrading, you may need to install the latest AutoLoader first:
ab9b6406-e3c9-11e5-9b86-e8baf2313047.png

How to use this app:
Just point CAM1 (rear, right side) at a QR code from 6-12" away, wait a few seconds and watch the magic happen. I disclaim all responsibility if this bricks your device, shoots your dog, or bangs your mom.

It should look something like this:
Untitled.png

The QR code must contain only the URL, which must be accessible via a standard HTTP or HTTPS GET. Github release file links work as expected, as will any other website where you can get a direct link to the file that doesn't go through a splash page that requires javascript.

Direct download and install from Mega.nz is now also supported, just make a QR code with a direct .cia file link. Support for folders isn't yet implemented.

Development is still ongoing, let me know if you find bugs or problems.

Major changes in this version:
* Big codebase refactor that no-one but me cares about!
* The ability to expand support to additional file sharing services.
* Mega.nz support!

Things left to finish:
* Implement better graphics and some splash art
* Show a progress bar instead of just printing the current byte position and size
* Support (or detect and block) of system .cia files instead of just apps.
* Convince people to generate QR links to their .cia files.

Attachments

• QRWebLoader_0.8.0.cia.zip
    632.8 KB · Views: 2,502
Last edited by ksanislo,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've just tesed your cool homebrew.
after initialized camera top screeen still black screen. can not read QR code. so hope this will be fix soon.

Wiissim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have the homebrew launcher in the firmware 10.5.0.30E. I want to go in the 10.6.0.31E with the CIA because the menuhax/browserhax doesn't work in the firmware 10.6.0.31E. What should I do for install the homebrew with .cia ? (and desinstalled the menuhax ?) Thanks !

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have the homebrew launcher in the firmware 10.5.0.30E. I want to go in the 10.6.0.31E with the CIA because the menuhax/browserhax doesn't work in the firmware 10.6.0.31E. What should I do for install the homebrew with .cia ? (and desinstalled the menuhax ?) Thanks !
You can't install non-legit or homebrew CIAs on 10.5 unless you're running CFW + emunand.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
CFW (custom firmware) is a type of hack which removes some of the restrictions on the system such as allowing you to non-legit CIAs and homebrew. Emunand is a copy of the 3ds system software in which CFW operates. The only way you can use it now you are on 10.5 is to hard mod your 3ds, downgrade to 10.3, then downgrade to 9.2 and set up CFW and emunand.

Reactions: Feeling it!

Wiissim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, thanks ! I am spiking with you when a release the downgrade 9.2 !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And do you have some website explain the dowgrade for 10.5.0.30E in the 10.3.0.28E ?

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

And do you have some website explain the dowgrade for 10.5.0.30E in the 10.3.0.28E ?
If you are willing to take apart your 3DS and solder stuff, then you can downgrade from 10.5.0-30E. Otherwise you can't.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whoever usually has the Newbie Starter Pack signature needs to update it for those who basically want a kernal exploit on 10.5 x3

But no, your out of luck since the way to actually downgrade needed an exploit and it was patched so at this point you'll have to wait for the next exploit. ( Who knows when that'll be )

Last edited by Wolfy,

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whoever usually has the Newbie Starter Pack signature needs to update it for those who basically want a kernal exploit on 10.5 x3

But no, your out of luck since the way to actually downgrade needed an exploit and it was patched so at this point you'll have to wait for the next exploit. ( Who knows when that'll be )
B-but there is no kernel exploit on 10.5 D:

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this website (use the search bar) just do everything @mashers says and you will be fine (and skipping to the downgrade you need a hardmod first)

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who knows, its a new firmware that hasn't be totally explored, see it like this, when games get patches or updates, there is usually glitches or bugs that were patched before and then once again broken that they didn't notice.
Thats way too optimistic. It usually takes months to find new exploits for newer firmwares and believe me finding kernel exploits right now seems impossible for me. Oh yeah 10.6 didnt do anything btw 3DS still uses 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM so there is no difference between 10.4/10.5/10.6 FIRM-wise. MCH2 was the only thing we had and now its gone.

EDIT: Well of course we can hope that Nintendo fked up somewhere, but that is unlikely as smea posted the exact tech details of the exploits online.

Last edited by Noroxus,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Who knows, its a new firmware that hasn't be totally explored, see it like this, when games get patches or updates, there is usually glitches or bugs that were patched before and then once again broken that they didn't notice.

I just like to add the "known" word in this cases. There's no known arm11kernel or arm9 exploits in 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6. What is known though, is a hardmod downgrade is possible. Also, even if it's 10.6 sysnand, a system with previously installed a9lh can patch signatures in 10.6 with a 10.2 firm. This is also a clear indicator that no kernel exploit would be found for regular methods (a9lh aside) or searched anytime soon™.

ksanislo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried big files (mh4u for example)? How's the transfer rate ? Is this supposed to work from LAN server?

The download size limit is 4GB (unsigned 32bit length in the API), however with gzip encoding the .cia itself can theoretically be even bigger. Transfer rate is generally limited by the native write speed of the 3DS, since it uses basically the same native API calls as the eShop to both fetch and write the app. It's slightly faster than local installs with FBI. It works from a LAN server, or across the internet in general, it doesn't care too much about where the file is hosted as long as it can be reached with http://

I've just tesed your cool homebrew.
after initialized camera top screeen still black screen. can not read QR code. so hope this will be fix soon.

There's no visual feedback since I haven't been able to get the rescale from the camera picture at 640x480 to the top screen's native 400x240 to work correctly so far. Just hold the 3DS still between 6" to 12" from your computer or phone screen while displaying a QR code so it can get a good look. It will click through saying the URL and titleId of the .cia file it points to in a few seconds after it finds the code.

Last edited by ksanislo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1