✧ [RELEASE] PUYO PUYO CHRONICLE FULL ENGLISH PATCH✧

ffffffffff.png

Puyo Puyo Chronicle is an action puzzle/RPG hybrid released for the 3DS in 2016.
It was developed to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the “Puyo Puyo” series and features a variety of game modes along with a sprawling RPG mode.

DOWNLOAD HERE!
[UPDATE NOV. 8, 2021: PATCHER FIX FOR DLC .CIA]
[UPDATE NOV. 9, 2021: FIXED QUIZ DIALOGUE]
[UPDATE NOV. 14, 2021: FIXED CHARACTER TEXT IN LOCAL RAID BOSSES & TYPOS]
[UPDATE DEC. 18, 2021: FIXED MISSING NPC DIALOGUE & TYPOS]

[UPDATE JAN. 2, 2022: IMG FIXES & TYPOS]

✦ABOUT THE GAME
While playing with her best friend Carbuncle, Arle comes across a mysterious book...only to be sucked into its pages?! She suspects that this is the ploy of the usual culprit — the Dark Prince, Satan — but something seems to have happened to him...?

Now known as the "Great Hero", she is tasked with resolving the strange phenomena occurring in this fairytale land in order to find her way back home. Helping her out is her newest friend Ally, an eccentric love-enthusiast who believes in the prophecy, which proclaims that the Great Hero will restore harmony to the land through love.

While Arle has had her fair share of adventures, this may turn out to be the strangest one yet!

✦JUST WHAT IS "PUYO PUYO"?
The Puyo Puyo series is a popular and addictive action-puzzle game developed by Compile and is now owned by SEGA. Originally a spin-off of the dungeon crawler Madou Monogatari, it has eclipsed its predecessor's popularity and become a well-known e-sport in Japan. The gameplay involves matching 4 "Puyo" of the same color, which leads them to pop. Setting up a configuration in which Puyo pop consecutively is known as "chaining", and deals higher damage to your opponent.

Puyo Puyo Chronicle features many different modes with different rules, as well as an extensive lesson portion that you can browse at your leisure. The main RPG mode also uses this Puyo chain mechanic to deal damage to your enemies, and even gives you simple chains to start battles (though more experienced players can turn this off in the settings). So worry not if you're a beginner, you'll be chaining in no time!

✦ABOUT THIS PATCH
This is the second fully playable and fully translated English patch from the team at Precise Museum!
This patch features a complete translation of RPG mode, single-player, local multiplayer, and online multiplayer modes.
Everything from text to graphics has been fully translated into English, and it features familiar Puyo Puyo gameplay all presented in an adorably squishy and cute 3D format!
The patch download also includes an HD texture pack that can be loaded via Citra for more accessible gameplay.
Instructions for patching and how to use the HD texture pack can be found in the full download zip's readme.

✦TEAM
HEAD TRANSLATOR: Ingu (Ko-fi)
ASSISTANT TRANSLATOR: Cove
CODING: MyLegGuy
GRAPHICS: Armando, Res, Evergreen, Courtroom, Neon, Velvetbun
PROOFREADING: Adelie, Ami, Celerity910, Circe, Corey, Cove, Courtoom, Flootena, Luna, Maya, Nico, RobotLover69, Vic
SPECIAL THANKS: AB1, Acy, Antonio231102, Beatrice, Frostie, LemonEdd, Mari, Miryx, Momochi, Pi, Pyro Jay, Roi, Saetta06, Wizzkid

8KN7sDZ.png
ybh08JD.png
cBSiStr.png

5Wlnptp.png
K7Cjz4y.png
BZ1NA2H.png

TaasiNt.png
wd59lk0.png%22
tbNvk56.png

Last edited by PreciseMuseum,

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is not an error with the patch. This happens because the DLC Shop is region-locked to Japan.
If you wish to gain access to the DLC you'll have to buy it with a japanese 3DS and dump it so you can patch it.
If you already patched it and installed it, the DLC Shop Menu is useless to you
well i have dump of official dlc and i used tool in translation files to patch it but for some reason it acts the same

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is not an error with the patch. This happens because the DLC Shop is region-locked to Japan.
If you wish to gain access to the DLC you'll have to buy it with a japanese 3DS and dump it so you can patch it.
If you already patched it and installed it, the DLC Shop Menu is useless to you
I don't understand i had good dumps of both game and dlc and i done everything like instructions told to maybe it requires luma locale swither because when patching game it asked me if i live in 4 certain regions but i been honest so i answered no because i don,t live in either france or Taiwan

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Would it be possible to manually build a cia with the translation patch applied to it (as in, cia extract, copy and paste the translated romfs files manually, then rebuild the cia)? I'm inclined to think not since there are some ips patches being applied but there's also the possibility that they can still be placed in the layeredfs folder and not depend on the romfs patches to also be there

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Would it be possible to manually build a cia with the translation patch applied to it (as in, cia extract, copy and paste the translated romfs files manually, then rebuild the cia)? I'm inclined to think not since there are some ips patches being applied but there's also the possibility that they can still be placed in the layeredfs folder and not depend on the romfs patches to also be there
yes. nothing special needs to be done with the romfs, do it exactly as you described.

the only ips patch is the code patch, which is applied to code.bin in the exefs.
before applying it, you need to decompress code.bin. it should be 7598080 bytes when decompressed.
the process to patch the exefs would be something like this:
Bash:
# extract exefs
3dstool -xvtf exefs ./orig-exefs.bin --header ./my-exefs-header.bin --exefs-dir ./my-extracted-exefs/
3dstool -uvf ./my-extracted-exefs/code.bin --compress-type blz --compress-out ./decompressed-code.bin

# DO THIS: apply patch to ./decompressed-code.bin using whatever.

# recompress code
3dstool -zvf ./my-patched-code.bin --compress-type blz --compress-out ./my-extracted-exefs/code.bin
# make new exefs
3dstool -cvtf exefs ./new-exefs.bin --exefs-dir ./my-extracted-exefs/ --header ./my-exefs-header.bin
alternatively, you can just build the romfs part into the cia and leave code.ips in layeredfs.

Last edited by fallenleaf,

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update: Success. The custom cia works as it should, and to be expected the difference is considerable. I used Asia81 tools to do all the extraction/rebuilding required btw, not smart enough to use command prompts all the time yet :s

Reactions: fallenleaf

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I was tired of fight against diablo and rafisol, but finally I ended it 😀 thanks for the translation

RyutoSetsujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, can you patch actual 3DS cartridges? I happen to own a physical copy of Chronicle (because I love it so much) and I don't want to have to get illegal just for an English patch for a game I already own physically...
If there's any easy way to dump my cart and then apply the patch that way that'd also work for me. Again, I just don't want to have to download a rom online when I already have a physical copy.

ArMM1998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Quick question, can you patch actual 3DS cartridges? I happen to own a physical copy of Chronicle (because I love it so much) and I don't want to have to get illegal just for an English patch for a game I already own physically...
If there's any easy way to dump my cart and then apply the patch that way that'd also work for me. Again, I just don't want to have to download a rom online when I already have a physical copy.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/de_DE/dumping-titles-and-game-cartridges.html

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can dump it and rebuild a cia with the patch applied (recommended, not mentioned in the actual patch because making a patcher aint easy so it needs to be done manually), or with layeredfs it should work with the retail cart out of the go. If you follow the instructions for the patch normally, it should work (albeit loading times increasing a bit). Does it not work for you for some reason?

dayjay

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got an eng patched version of the CIA but none of the banner fix patches work for me.
my 3DS is a PAL one set to english.

Last edited by dayjay,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O