✧ [RELEASE] PUYO PUYO CHRONICLE FULL ENGLISH PATCH✧

ffffffffff.png

Puyo Puyo Chronicle is an action puzzle/RPG hybrid released for the 3DS in 2016.
It was developed to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the “Puyo Puyo” series and features a variety of game modes along with a sprawling RPG mode.

DOWNLOAD HERE!
[UPDATE NOV. 8, 2021: PATCHER FIX FOR DLC .CIA]
[UPDATE NOV. 9, 2021: FIXED QUIZ DIALOGUE]
[UPDATE NOV. 14, 2021: FIXED CHARACTER TEXT IN LOCAL RAID BOSSES & TYPOS]
[UPDATE DEC. 18, 2021: FIXED MISSING NPC DIALOGUE & TYPOS]

[UPDATE JAN. 2, 2022: IMG FIXES & TYPOS]

✦ABOUT THE GAME
While playing with her best friend Carbuncle, Arle comes across a mysterious book...only to be sucked into its pages?! She suspects that this is the ploy of the usual culprit — the Dark Prince, Satan — but something seems to have happened to him...?

Now known as the "Great Hero", she is tasked with resolving the strange phenomena occurring in this fairytale land in order to find her way back home. Helping her out is her newest friend Ally, an eccentric love-enthusiast who believes in the prophecy, which proclaims that the Great Hero will restore harmony to the land through love.

While Arle has had her fair share of adventures, this may turn out to be the strangest one yet!

✦JUST WHAT IS "PUYO PUYO"?
The Puyo Puyo series is a popular and addictive action-puzzle game developed by Compile and is now owned by SEGA. Originally a spin-off of the dungeon crawler Madou Monogatari, it has eclipsed its predecessor's popularity and become a well-known e-sport in Japan. The gameplay involves matching 4 "Puyo" of the same color, which leads them to pop. Setting up a configuration in which Puyo pop consecutively is known as "chaining", and deals higher damage to your opponent.

Puyo Puyo Chronicle features many different modes with different rules, as well as an extensive lesson portion that you can browse at your leisure. The main RPG mode also uses this Puyo chain mechanic to deal damage to your enemies, and even gives you simple chains to start battles (though more experienced players can turn this off in the settings). So worry not if you're a beginner, you'll be chaining in no time!

✦ABOUT THIS PATCH
This is the second fully playable and fully translated English patch from the team at Precise Museum!
This patch features a complete translation of RPG mode, single-player, local multiplayer, and online multiplayer modes.
Everything from text to graphics has been fully translated into English, and it features familiar Puyo Puyo gameplay all presented in an adorably squishy and cute 3D format!
The patch download also includes an HD texture pack that can be loaded via Citra for more accessible gameplay.
Instructions for patching and how to use the HD texture pack can be found in the full download zip's readme.

✦TEAM
HEAD TRANSLATOR: Ingu (Ko-fi)
ASSISTANT TRANSLATOR: Cove
CODING: MyLegGuy
GRAPHICS: Armando, Res, Evergreen, Courtroom, Neon, Velvetbun
PROOFREADING: Adelie, Ami, Celerity910, Circe, Corey, Cove, Courtoom, Flootena, Luna, Maya, Nico, RobotLover69, Vic
SPECIAL THANKS: AB1, Acy, Antonio231102, Beatrice, Frostie, LemonEdd, Mari, Miryx, Momochi, Pi, Pyro Jay, Roi, Saetta06, Wizzkid

8KN7sDZ.png
ybh08JD.png
cBSiStr.png

5Wlnptp.png
K7Cjz4y.png
BZ1NA2H.png

TaasiNt.png
wd59lk0.png%22
tbNvk56.png

Last edited by PreciseMuseum,

HowieDogDealt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to patch the DLC cia, I get this error and the 'patcheddlc.cia' file doesn't show up. Will anyone help, please?

"The system cannot find the file specified.
Could Not Find F:\cias\extra_cia_patches\newromfs
[NCCH ERROR] Failed to load ncch aes key
[RESULT] Failed to build CIA"

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
When trying to patch the DLC cia, I get this error and the 'patcheddlc.cia' file doesn't show up. Will anyone help, please?

"The system cannot find the file specified.
Could Not Find F:\cias\extra_cia_patches\newromfs
[NCCH ERROR] Failed to load ncch aes key
[RESULT] Failed to build CIA"
the OP download link was updated. can you try the new version of the cia patcher?

if it still doesn't work, please post the full output. (probably to pastebin.net or similar.)

Last edited by fallenleaf,

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thank you for translating, I installed the game/dlc/translation at the same time,

-The game takes a very long time to initially load, I'm guessing due to the DLC loading?

-is this game without stereoscopic 3d by default?

-The options menu totally locks up the whole system for like 30 seconds but then it loads and it's fine.

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, thank you for translating, I installed the game/dlc/translation at the same time,

-The game takes a very long time to initially load, I'm guessing due to the DLC loading?

-is this game without stereoscopic 3d by default?

-The options menu totally locks up the whole system for like 30 seconds but then it loads and it's fine.
At least for me, Luma game patching has always been slow. With every game I've played.
For undub mods and such, I've always been forced to make a patched cia instead to keep the game from micro-freezes when loading voices.

How long is very long?
I have the DLC installed.
The time between me pressing A on the home menu and the logo appearing is:
14 seconds with Luma game patching enabled
12.5 seconds with Luma game patching disabled

Correct.
It is a 3d game, but it is not a 3d 3d game.

Never heard of this one before.
For me, the options menu takes ~3 seconds to load without the patch and 4 seconds with the patch.
Your SD card may be on its last leg, as seen by the initial long load time too.
(Something is wrong with mine too, I can't really install with FBI anymore.)
Luma patching is slow, but not this slow.

Reactions: GeekyGuy

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At least for me, Luma game patching has always been slow. With every game I've played.
For undub mods and such, I've always been forced to make a patched cia instead to keep the game from micro-freezes when loading voices.

How long is very long?
I have the DLC installed.
The time between me pressing A on the home menu and the logo appearing is:
14 seconds with Luma game patching enabled
12.5 seconds with Luma game patching disabled

Correct.
It is a 3d game, but it is not a 3d 3d game.

Never heard of this one before.
For me, the options menu takes ~3 seconds to load without the patch and 4 seconds with the patch.
Your SD card may be on its last leg, as seen by the initial long load time too.
(Something is wrong with mine too, I can't really install with FBI anymore.)
Luma patching is slow, but not this slow.
Thanks for the response, I have been able to install other games/load just fine, 128gig/64kb cluster size/legit brand, it took an entire 1 minute 40 seconds (with and without luma patching.) Haven't had any issues that I attribute to this SD card

• Wow
Reactions: fallenleaf

fallenleaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks for the response, I have been able to install other games/load just fine, 128gig/64kb cluster size/legit brand, it took an entire 1 minute 40 seconds (with and without luma patching.) Haven't had any issues that I attribute to this SD card

DLCs must have tons of files in this game, since I got really slow installation and loading times as well.
Thank you for your interest and bug report.
It was a problem* with the GNU/Linux DLC patching script.
Please try this attached updated script.

Technical details:
That CIA has 701 content files, most of which only contain placeholders. Giving these all to makerom on the command line generates the horrible CIA you saw. Not sure whose bug it is, but it's a problem. Simply excluding the placeholders is the fix.

edit: this has also been integrated into the OP download.
edit2: *this was later discovered to be a problem with the original CIA. and an accurate rebuild of it retained the problem.

Last edited by fallenleaf,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you fallenleaf. I will try it.

Btw: I recorded some gameplay. I'm really bad at this connect-4 games, but still managed to make the first 7 quests without any issue. I assume it is a pretty easy Puyo Puyo game, at least in the first hours.

Real hardware (N3DSXL + Katsukity).

My only complain is that it has too many conversations :lol: I guess it must have been a hell to translate.

Reactions: fallenleaf

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 282945
Puyo Puyo Chronicle is an action puzzle/RPG hybrid released for the 3DS in 2016.
It was developed to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the “Puyo Puyo” series and features a variety of game modes along with a sprawling RPG mode.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

✦ABOUT THE GAME

✦ABOUT THIS PATCH

✦TEAM

8KN7sDZ.png
ybh08JD.png
cBSiStr.png

5Wlnptp.png
K7Cjz4y.png
BZ1NA2H.png

TaasiNt.png
wd59lk0.png%22
tbNvk56.png

OH MY GOSH I HAVEN'T BEEN THIS HYPED SINCE I GOT MY 3DS WHEN IT CAME OUT FOR MY BIRTHDAY LMAOO T U T thank you soo much ♡♡!! After waiting for so long patiently for this english translation ahh ♡♡

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 282945

DOWNLOAD HERE!

✦ABOUT THE GAME

✦ABOUT THIS PATCH

✦TEAM

8KN7sDZ.png
ybh08JD.png
cBSiStr.png

5Wlnptp.png
K7Cjz4y.png