Hacking [RELEASE] PS4 RetroArch Port (Unofficial)

Ricx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@OsirisX

Hi!
First, thank you for your work.
I have tried many cores:
Arcade ok
8-16 bits ok
Psx ok
PSP Ok
Dreamcast Ok
N64 slow, unplayable (what is the problem with this system in ps4? You can emulate N64 with any android mobile)
NDS slow
Saturn slow

I would like to play killer instinct arcade, with mame2003 or mame 2003 plus, but retroarch closes, I am using the same roms I use in android, and in android it works. Have you been able to play this game?

And now, one request, is it possible to port mame 2016 core? I love cave games like Akai Katana, Deathsmile, Mushihime-sama... Some of them works in mame 2015 core, but without sound.

Last edited by Ricx,

hosam_mohamed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
@OsirisX

Hi!
First, thank you for your work.
I have tried many cores:
Arcade ok
8-16 bits ok
Psx ok
PSP Ok
Dreamcast Ok
N64 slow, unplayable (what is the problem with this system in ps4? You can emulate N64 with any android mobile)
NDS slow
Saturn slow

I would like to play killer instinct arcade, with mame2003 or mame 2003 plus, but retroarch closes, I am using the same roms I use in android, and in android it works. Have you been able to play this game?

And now, one request, is it possible to port mame 2016 core? I love cave games like Akai Katana, Deathsmile, Mushihime-sama... Some of them works in mame 2015 core, but without sound.

try to play it using FBA core as some MAME game worked with me when launched with it.

Last edited by hosam_mohamed,

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if it is just me but a lot of games don't work. I tried CPS2 dungeons and dragons games but all failed to load. Dreamcast games crazy taxi and daytona failed to load. Mame games like sunset riders crash on start.
Each mame/final burn cores have a specific set of roms..mix it up can cause some of those games dont boot at all...

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried Dolphin blue Atomis wave to DC port on flycast?

Edit: I know even on real hardware it freezes on stage 4, but I couldn’t get it running on reicast 20.04 on my Nvidia Shield TV. Might try converting to CHD....

Ricx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone tried Dolphin blue Atomis wave to DC port on flycast?

Edit: I know even on real hardware it freezes on stage 4, but I couldn’t get it running on reicast 20.04 on my Nvidia Shield TV. Might try converting to CHD....

Dolphin Blue works in Ps4 with flycast core (zip or bin+lst). You have to change mipmap option if you have graphic problems.
I have had to change this option in many games in ps4.

I have played on android in zip or bin/.lst format.

Reactions: KiiWii

Ricx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for the info! :)

20201116_194240.jpg

hey, is it possible to install a sega-cd bios there?

Yes, it does.
20201116_194352.jpg

Retroarch for Ps4 works really well.
It has performance issues and many crashes but it is a port made only for @OsirisX and is the fourth release. I hope we will have new versions in the future with mame2016 core, optimized N64 emulator at full speed, that would be perfect. In my opinon Dolphin will not work in ps4 unless you use linux.

Reactions: olive069 and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would swear that I passed the complete game time ago, in NullDC pc emulator. May be one day I complete it again.
The Atomis-to-DC ports posted on Dreamcast-talk is what I was referring to mainly. Seems the dump is questionable, even though Mathieulh said it was a perfect dump... perhaps the conversion process nerfed it.

Ricx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The Atomis-to-DC ports posted on Dreamcast-talk is what I was referring to mainly. Seems the dump is questionable, even though Mathieulh said it was a perfect dump... perhaps the conversion process nerfed it.

Unless you want to play it in a Dreamcast console, I think it is better play the original arcade rom than a port. With flycast core you can play atomiswave (hokuto no ken, metal slug 6...), naomi and dreamcast.

So, that should work in ps4 too.

Reactions: cvskid and KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol