Hacking [RELEASE] PS4 RetroArch Port (Unofficial)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Do playlists work for anyone else? I try to scan. but it seems like it doesn't scan properly. But I can add playlists already created by pc version. Also messed about with shaders last nyt and they work :)

Last edited by jammybudga777,

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do playlists work for anyone else? I try to scan. but it seems like it doesn't scan properly. But I can add playlists already created by pc version. Also messed about with shaders last nyt and they work :)

You can scan content and it will create a playlist.
However what seems to be not working is launching games from locations. (i.e. playlist / history / ect.) Seems only way to launch is by manually going to the rom in the file explorer. At least from my initial test. I been playing with some things,will see what else i can discover a few minor and expected bugs i have seen https://www.psx-place.com/threads/r...-by-osirisx-includes-25-libretro-cores.27573/
Overall it runs great and i am sure will only get better.

edit:
Also, must say a huge Thank You to @OsirisX and others for bringing this to where it is now..

Last edited by STLcardsWS,

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@STLcardsWS
thx for your info - today I got realy crazy for figured out how to start roms from lists.
I tried and errored the hole day - but now I see that´s a bug... :-)

Yea, i had several test i ran. At first i thought it might of been an issue with my roms being zipped.
Because a zipped rom will be extracted then scanned and was wondering where the unzipped game went and if the path was perhaps pointing there. Just idea's swimming in my head at the time.
So i unzipped my roms and deleted playlist and rescanned playlist and it was same thing, then i noticed the history doing the exact same thing. Then i noticed when you select "load content" and then navigate to playlist there it still would not load , So, usb or hdd locations from load content was the only way it would work.

Has anyone noticed Virtual Boy. I noticed it was double the speed out of the gate. Was due to being a setting toggled by default that should not be.. I do not think i toggled this setting beforehand (so asking if it on by default for anyone) but once reverted (cant recall the name of the setting it was in the core options but you will noticed it) speed is normal.

Also do not switch the UI to "ozone" seems you will have no controls. (i do like that simple look it brings)
If you switch simply delete your retroarch.cfg file (/data/retroarch/retroarch.cfg) or toggle the setting manually in the cfg file (to save all your other settings, but be warned the cfg file is large these days and not sure what value needs to be changed, searching "ozone" and changing it "xmb" is more then likely the trick there ;) .)

Reactions: lotus78 and Leeful
D

Deleted User

Great job! Ps1 ran a little wonky but accurate? When i tried turning on threaded video it did not seem to allow me. Nes audio is very good. But i notice some inaccuracies in the graphics. Snes has some graphical errors with some audio errors. But overall if you compared to say the first nes emu that was native leaps and bounds here. I got killer instinct to boot but it was slow. Killer instinct 2 not boot at all.

If I may request just regular mame? I would like to try and get the zelda cdi games to work and those apparently need regular mame.

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job! Ps1 ran a little wonky but accurate? When i tried turning on threaded video it did not seem to allow me. Nes audio is very good. But i notice some inaccuracies in the graphics. Snes has some graphical errors with some audio errors. But overall if you compared to say the first nes emu that was native leaps and bounds here. I got killer instinct to boot but it was slow. Killer instinct 2 not boot at all.

If I may request just regular mame? I would like to try and get the zelda cdi games to work and those apparently need regular mame.

With NES you have two choices FCEUmm and QuickNES. see if you have same results with both cores if you not checked already.

PS1 games, i tried a few. without bios , when you add no bios it use's the emulated onboard bios (which has less compatibility then the real bios)i tried two random games i had NFL blitz 2001 (audio / video / gameplay all great) tried crash bandicoot and was okay but no sound. I did not try to load a bios with it and test yet. Someone over at psx-place said they could not get the bios to load when adding in system folder, but i have not tried myself yet

SNES has about 5 cores., which ones have you tried?.
I did also notice some audio issues (lots of crackling type of noise) when using snes9x_libretro (aka current) i did not try all the other options yet.
edit: i tried same games on snes9x2010 and played much better. (did not try other options yet)

dannyb1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, enjoying having retroarch so far but I got a question, I am unable to use cheats because I am using Al Aziffs using custom DNS settings as to not go online so no risk of updating.
Is it safe enough nowadays to go online without the machine auto updating? and how do I go about setting up an online exploit host? (I'm guessing it;s through browser) and once I use RA would I be able to download the cheats file?.

Cheers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi guys I got a couple of questions, I am using the Al Aziff offline exploit (custom DNS settings) so am gathering that is why I cannot use (download) cheat files.

How do i go about being able to go online? I'm guessing I would have to use a browser exploit but how safe is it without the machine deciding to auto update? and what is a good exploit host to use?.

Cheers

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is superb, but how come no official release when it’s clearly possible?

If we could get 1.8.2 for PS4 we could also auto update all cores, if and when updated ones show up.

From the Classic Gaming Discord:

bnA5akG.png

Autechre is a RetroArch dev.

Last edited by Vegeta,
Reactions: KiiWii

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be all over this if my nephew didn't take my PS4 controller :/
I tried to use a Move controller but it seems it isn't recognised in PS4 Retroarch HA

dannyb1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about the above post, I wasn't logged in when I wrote the 1st one and didn't see it had posted it.
So is there an answer to this?
Also when playing MAME how do you assign the menu controls ? they only seem to come up in game and was playing MK2 and everytime I went to block using L1 it would come up and made the game unplayable.

OsirisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r2 release:

- Fixed launching games from playlists
- Added more cores including mupen64plus (N64), yabause (Sega Saturn), etc. Check below for full list
Note: There is just small speed improvement with mupen64 compared with parallel.

Newly added cores since r1:
desmume_libretro.self - Nintendo DS [NDS]
fbalpha2012_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 v0.2.97.29, Arcade Machine Emulator [Various]
fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 CPS1 v0.2.97.28, Capcom Play System [CPS1]
fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 CPS2 v0.2.97.28, Capcom Play System II [CPS2]
fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 CPS3 v0.2.97.29, Capcom Play System II [CPS3]
fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro.self - FB Alpha 2012 NeoGeo v0.2.97.29, SNK Neo-Geo AES/MVS
fmsx_libretro.self - fMSX, MSX 1/2 Emulator
mednafen_pcfx_libretro.self - Mednafen PC-FX, NEC PC-FX
mednafen_supergrafx_libretro.self - Mednafen SuperGrafx, NEC PC Engine SuperGrafx
mupen64plus_libretro.self - Nintendo 64 [N64]
mupen64plus_next_libretro.self - Nintendo 64 [N64]
yabause_libretro.self - Yabause, Sega Saturn

Download
mega.nz/#!mN5nxKLa!iqtz1OHD28DnwYpWnZKTcB29Eq_QTRd3olX_7iD3S6o

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the great present. I do have a problem, I can't seems to find the retroarch folder, inside /data. I'm using leeful xplorer app to check PS4 internal folder. Can someone help me please?
Oh another thing, I tried to download assets through online updater, but it doesn't seems to apply, is the online updater still in progress?

ango

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First THX for this unbelievable release!

...but I have problems:
- My configuration is not saved permanently. It is created new each time retroarch is started.
- A warning is popping up: "...missing assets, please use the online update ..."
- I´ve created a /data/retroarch/system folder an put in the correct bios files, but they are not loaded by the core.
- Also playlists are not loaded and the file browser finds no roms on the hard drive, but the roms are found on the usb stick.
It looks like the path /data/retroarch/xxx is being ignored. Maybe a problem with mountpoint /data and /user/data ?
- "Restart Retroarch" in main menu is not working on rc2 anymore, it closes retroarch.

(Ps4 Pro 5.05, Hen 1.7, tested with retroarch rc1 and rc2)

Last edited by ango,

dannyb1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow thx, this is pushing on real fast and giving me interest in my ps4 again (really want it to be an all in one type emu console like the ps3) I figured out why I couldn't download stuff, I didn't have my Ethernet cable plugged in lol.

I was running into problems with v1 like selecting a MAME core (any one of them), loading a ROM then when I got to the load archive screen it would give me random NES emu list but not MAME?.
Also games hanging when selected or when applying cheats.

OsirisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to download assets through online updater, but it doesn't seems to apply, is the online updater still in progress?

The online updater should be working. Which Hen version are you using? It needs to be at least ver 2.1.1.

(Ps4 Pro 5.05, Hen 1.7, tested with retroarch rc1 and rc2)

Try using Hen 2.1.1. There are some required patches in later Hen versions that need to be applied.

I was running into problems with v1 like selecting a MAME core (any one of them), loading a ROM then when I got to the load archive screen it would give me random NES emu list but not MAME?.
Also games hanging when selected or when applying cheats.

Are the games in .zip file format? Sounds like an issue with file association. You can try adding them to a playlist and force it to use MAME core instead. I'll look into the cheats issue.

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running into problems with v1 like selecting a MAME core (any one of them), loading a ROM then when I got to the load archive screen it would give me random NES emu list but not MAME?..

Are the games in .zip file format? Sounds like an issue with file association. You can try adding them to a playlist and force it to use MAME core instead. I'll look into the cheats issue.
The NES is not surprising (as it just looking for .zip, but just NES is odd), but the not showing of the mame is surprising . I would update core info files from the online updater, not sure but i think extensions are taken from that txt file (but i could be wrong there, they may of added something much better by now) If missing it may not be able to read that MAME is a supported .zip core.. You should see now the FBA cores as well in R2 (have not tested R2 yet ).

edit:
The online updater should be working. Which Hen version are you using? It needs to be at least ver 2.1.1.

Thanks, i added info in my coverage as well

Reactions: dannyb1 and KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...