1. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Heh I just tried with the VR too, it does look nice. I tried a 3d shader I saw in the shader list but it didn't work :P Cant record gameplay clips with the share button either it looks like :/

KiiWii likes this.
  2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

I tried vr with it the other day. Used saber shader. But havnt had time to mess about anymore yet

3. dannyb1

dannyb1 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Still stuck on ps1 games locking up when selecting (in bin/cue format if that makes a difference?)

Also MAME roms not loading (tried in zip, unzipped in seperate folders and a bunch of CBC file roms, some load from zip but others don't)

4. night_hawk

night_hawk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    For ps1 maybe you didn't provide bios files?

dannyb1 likes this.
  5. hosam_mohamed

hosam_mohamed Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    Is there an Atari 2600 Core?

6. ItsmeAJ

ItsmeAJ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

You need to find mame rom set that works best with each mame core. For example:
    - rom set 0.37b5 works best with mame 2000 core.
    - set 0.78 - 2003 core
    - set 0.106 - 2006 core
    - set 0.139 - 2010 core

So if you get mame rom randomly from various sources , there are chances they work fine on one or two cores but not the others or don't work at all.

Ok here is a tip: do google search for "mame 2003 plus reference set" and click on the first link. You will find the complete set that run best with mame 2003 plus core on retroarch, I've tried around 20-30 roms randomly and they all ran just fine.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    MerenPtah, dannyb1 and seanp2500 like this.
  7. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yeah vr could make this wowie zowie i am now thinking about virtual boy. Ok so there is another thread with a modified shader. Is that the one you tried? It is in the switch homebrew forums and used with the switch vr or google cardboard. Now im excited!

but yeah seriously if nintendo 64 can go full speed this will be culmination of some dreams here.

Has anyone had luck loading neogeo roms and if so may i ask what romset you are using?

8. dannyb1

dannyb1 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I put a ton of PS1 BIOS files in the system folder, before that on retroarch V1 without BIOS files I got RE3 to load to the first splash screen before it locked up , now it just locks up when you go to load the ROM.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Brilliant thanks.

9. ango

ango Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I have all systems provided emulations running with the corresponding cores.
    (nes, snes, psx, n64, mame, fbalpha, dosbox, gb, gba, gbc, sega32x, master system, segacd, wonderswan, megadrive)

Unfortunately fmsx (MSX) doesn't work for me. I´ve copied the required bios files into the /system folder.
    When I try to load a game (* .rom, * .msx, *. msx2) I only have a black screen.
    Unfortunately there is no better MSX core like "bluemsx" at the moment...

Has anyone got fmsx up and running?

Edit: enabled loggin to file:
    "[INFO] [Video]: Graphics driver did not initialize an input driver. Attempting to pick a suitable driver."

10. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Nah I used one that was already in the Shaders pack.. shaders_glsl/stereoscopic-3d/side-by-side.glslp but threw an error and failed to load :/

11. MostlyUnharmful

MostlyUnharmful GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I don't think I'm using a specific set, probably it's the one available on archive.org and I don't think NeoGeo titles were redumped recently (I don't follow anymore the Mame updates tho), but do you have the relevant neogeo.zip archive? I need to spend more time on how to reach the service menu and activate the "blood" on Metal Slug...

P.S. anyway, the only arcade that I play is "Tetris The Absolute The Grandmaster 2 Plus"

KiiWii likes this.
  12. hosam_mohamed

hosam_mohamed Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    I played neo geo roms without any problems using FBA Alpha neogeo cored (i played magical drop 3, metal slug)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Any news regarding Atari 2600 core or second DS4 support?

KiiWii likes this.
  13. mircoho

mircoho Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  14. dannyb1

dannyb1 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Kind of stumped now, uninstalled RA but kept leaving it's folder inside the DATA folder so had to manually delete every folder until I was only left with cheats subdirectory and RA main folder which would not delete, even when renamed.

So I left it renamed and reinstalled RA, I forgot to put the BIOS files in the system directory and selected RE3 when I got the splash screen again but just froze.

I uninstalled and followed the above steps again but this time FTPing the BIOS files over after first launch, but to no avail again.

15. seanp2500

United States
    i mean i have and all in my case once my collection got to 10tb im kinda hesitant to unplug hds also i just like the convenience of going right into retroarch from the ps4 dash. It just looks cool. This has been a welcome change with me having access to alot of consoles i love famicom disk system alone is a major win!

16. dannyb1

dannyb1 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Ok so transfering my ps1 games over to the DATA folder on the PS4 HD seems to work rather then me trying to play from an external HD.

17. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

have you changed the directory in retroarch settings? my 1tb works fine

18. seanp2500

United States
    I know in my case i just go to mnt then usb1 for my roms. It gets trickier depending how many usb drives are plugged in and if you use a hub...

19. dannyb1

dannyb1 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    No I was just going to load content then choosing rom from hd (usb01), mame, snes, nes etc work from external hd ok though

20. MerenPtah

MerenPtah Newbie
    Newcomer

Egypt
    Hopefully someone can help me with the Shaders thing.
    My shaders extensions are .cg and .glsl file types.
    When I pause games using RA quick menu and go to Shaders to apply shader presets, after browsing RetroArch doesn't see my shader files.
    wish someone tell me what I am doing wrong here.
    Seems like I am the only one with Shader problem.

PS: for those who can't run NeoGeo games, use MAME 2000 core, not the FBA NeoGeo one, won't work all NeoGeo games tho.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    rommy667 and dannyb1 like this.
  21. Bonehead
    This message by Bonehead has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 10, 2020, Reason: Trolling.
    Jan 10, 2020 Show
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (Unofficial), [RELEASE], RetroArch