Hacking [Release] - PS4 pkg repackager by Duxa (allows you to repackage fake updates to work with your game)

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi all,

Few things off the bat:
  1. I wrote this for myself in order to automate the tedious part of repackaging (see below as to what it does).
  2. I tested it on Win 10 and Win 7, both worked for me but this was not tested beyond my machines, so please report any problems
  3. Please do not tell me it has a Virus, some obscure virus scanners mark it with a false positive (probably because its not a signed exe). It does not have a virus, I do not want to mine crypto with your machines, nor am I interested in your personal info. There is no virus... all mainstream AVs mark it as clean. If you dont trust it, dont use it (good rule to follow in general). Virus report is available here and you are of course welcome to run your own.
  4. Do not ask what the passcode is for your package. Try the default (simply press enter), if it doesnt work then you may be SOL. No one knows what it is other than the original pkg creator. Everyone should use the all zero default.

Now to the good stuff...

What is this thing?

Its nothing more than an automation tool. It unpacks a fake update .pkg for you and prepares it to be repackaged.

Why would you want to do that?

Because there is a requirement that update pkg is created with the same image that you have installed. Matching CUSA is not enough. So for example, if you and your friend both live in London. You both have UK version of Horizon Zero Dawn, same exact CUSA. You go home and create a .pkg of the game, and your friend creates .pkg of the update on his console. That update will not work with your .pkg. It is imperative that the update pkg is created off of the exact game pkg that it will be installed on. PS4 scene is young, a lot of dumps are done without updates, and you cant simply create an update later (not easily). To "fix" this, we can repackage the update with the game .pkg that you have (even if it was not created from that pkg) and the update will work. NOTE: CUSA of game pkg and update pkg still HAS TO match!

Will this allow me to run updates that require higher FW that mine (4.55 at this time)?

No

Can I use this with official update files?

No! This is only for fake pkg updates. This essentially re-pairs the fake pkg update to a new master fake pkg game

What is required?

You will need:
  • .pkg of the game
  • .pkg update (with matching CUSA)
  • this program
  • gengp4 v1.8 or later (google for it)
  • orbis-pub-gen (google for it)
What is the process?

1. Put this program in the same folder as the update .pkg, to avoid headaches please make sure there are no spaces in the pkg names
  2. Run the program. It will ask you for the 5 digit CUSA
  3. It will then ask you for the pkg name (remember to use Tab to auto complete, if you dont know how that works, enter first few letters and press Tab... handy for long names. Will only work if in the same directory.)
  4. You will be asked for passcode. The default is already coded in, so press Enter without entering anything. Alternatively you can enter one.
  5. The program will execute (timing depends on the size of pkg, about 2 min per Gb from my testing, it will give an estimate).
  6. If all goes well green text will appear with remaining instructions you have to do manually with gengp4 and orbis-pub-gen. Luckily these are just a few clicks. I do a lot of checks during the process, if something is wrong you will get an error.
Screenshots:

3pPWJ3l.png

Program can be obtained from: EDIT - get new version HERE

Hope it is helpful to you guys.

Last edited by Chrushev,

mangalodesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make fpkg update right, this is initial problem and just got error with your tool. paygo-chunk.dat missing
can't get it to work. update gets named 0100 first instead of second. same content has already been installed message on ps4. both gp4 files want to be named the same all same folder just put patch on end of patch name. any way to fix the ones I already did option 3 separate folders? 0100 dumps work fine update overwrites? same outcome myself with 3 and your steps with 0 then 2. can make full patched 0 dump option and work fine but want to get updates right?

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I can't make fpkg update right, this is initial problem and just got error with your tool. paygo-chunk.dat missing
can't get it to work. update gets named 0100 first instead of second. same content has already been installed message on ps4. both gp4 files want to be named the same all same folder just put patch on end of patch name. any way to fix the ones I already did option 3 separate folders? 0100 dumps work fine update overwrites? same outcome myself with 3 and your steps with 0 then 2. can make full patched 0 dump option and work fine but want to get updates right?

What version of Windows are you running it on? 7? 10?

Post screenshot of the error (or copy paste it).

Update should be named whatever you supply as CUSA number. Make sure to provide just the 5 digits.

Also, when you go into the created folder, are there files in it? Im thinking maybe the pkg is using non standard passcode and nothing gets extracted because passcode is wrong?

Whats the name of the update? for what game? and how large is it?

mangalodesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make fpkg update right from a disc dump in the first place with gp4gen 1.5 and fake package generator, when 0100 dump no update and both together app+update work fine. fpkg gen/orbis pub gen names update wrong

update gets named 0100 first instead of second. same content has already been installed message on ps4. both gp4 files want to be named the same all same folder just put patch on end of patch name. any way to fix the ones I already did option 3 separate folders? 0100 dumps work fine update overwrites?

need you to figure out what makes my fpkg update wrong in the first place named wrong installs overwrites app then I'm sure your tool won't give me paygo-chunk.dat missing

mangalodesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make fpkg update right from a disc dump in the first place with gp4gen 1.5 and fake package generator, when 0100 dump no update and both together app+update work fine. fpkg gen/orbis pub gen names update wrong

update gets named 0100 first instead of second. same content has already been installed message on ps4. both gp4 files want to be named the same all same folder just put patch on end of patch name. any way to fix the ones I already did option 3 separate folders? 0100 dumps work fine update overwrites?

need you to figure out what makes my fpkg update wrong in the first place named wrong installs overwrites app then I'm sure your tool won't give me paygo-chunk.dat missing

Chrushev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

I didnt develop gp4gen so cant help you there. But this tool is most useful for when you get a fake update pkg from someone else, and it doesnt want to install on your game. If you are creating your own game and update then those should work together without this tool.

Also gp4gen 1.5 is old, get 1.8, maybe thats your problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its safe to assume to this wont work with DLC right?

Doubt it. And this is only for fake pkg's not for legit ones... i am assuming you are talking about a non fake pkg dump.

mangalodesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you 1.5-1.8 should fix everything or I'll come back haha.

a new question is there a tool to extract or change single fpkg with a lower 4.05 game update back down to 0100 then use this tool make higher 4.55 game update?

oscar08850

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there. I'm having an error when trying it with The Rise of Tomb Raider 1.6 Update. I got the update from octolus. Am I doing something wrong?
Using Windows 10 64 bits

Captura.PNG Captura error.PNG

oscar08850

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Damn I misunderstood this part of the post and I let myself get carried away

"To "fix" this, we can repackage the update with the game .pkg that you have (even if it was not created from that pkg) and the update will work."

Ia there anyway to get the fake updates?

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
May I ask/know why it would not work with an official update pkg ? Is it because we cannot decrypt it ?
So if I understand correclty, PS4 update packages are signed the same way PS3 PSN games PKG were signed ? So we need to "crack" those (like DUPLEX PSN releases for PS3 contain base game PKG and then a fix "crack" to apply on top). While PS3 update packages were not signed ?

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
On PS3, retail games were mounted and ran as if they were running from the original disk without having to fake sign them as homebrew. That's why official updates installed fine on them.

On PS4, retail games are pkgs just like PSN games, they have to be installed on the PS4 and to be able to install them, they have to be fake signed. An official update wouldn't work on a fake signed game.

Reactions: vickdu31

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu