Hacking [RELEASE] PS-Phwoar! Exploit Host Menu For PS4 Firmware 5.05

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Leeful, just wanted to asked yo for something not the exploit host, but if is possible, maybe you can implement on it..
The idea is to find a way to delete the pre-installed pkg cusa00001 that size around 512MB. I tried with the lappy explorer with no success. Just wanted to back that space for the games usage...
You know about all this, and maybe you can perform some payload that achieve it..... ?
Also... what about a possible update for the 'update only dump' ont he exploit host ?

greetings

Reactions: Leeful

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@arfgh thats playroom right? It’s installed in each update (recovery) and takes up barely half a gb as stated. I have no idea why Sony need this installed on every console, and I haven’t tried removing it, give it a go via FTP. Lapys explorer protects certain areas from being modified incase of error.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@arfgh Well I tried it out and there is good news and bad news.

The good news is:
Changing 'canRemove' from 0 to 1 allowed me to delete it just like any other game.

The bad news is:
I noticed that it didn't make any difference to the avilable space.
I FTPd into the PS4 and noticed that the app.pkg was still there so with fingers crossed I deleted it.
Luckily the PS4 booted up normally again but there was still no more available space.

The location of the CUSA00001 was not with all the other regular games, instead it was in preinst2/app/CUSA00001/.
The preinst2 folder must be a protected partition (hence Lappys Explorer not being able to delete it) so it does not count in the calculated PS4 free space.

In summary, deleting it will not give you any more usable space so it is pointless doing it.:)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@arfgh Well I tried it out and there is good news and bad news.

The good news is:
Changing 'canRemove' from 0 to 1 allowed me to delete it just like any other game.

The bad news is:
I noticed that it didn't make any difference to the avilable space.
I FTPd into the PS4 and noticed that the app.pkg was still there so with fingers crossed I deleted it.
Luckily the PS4 booted up normally again but there was still no more available space.

The location of the CUSA00001 was not with all the other regular games, instead it was in preinst2/app/CUSA00001/.
The preinst2 folder must be a protected partition (hence Lappys Explorer not being able to delete it) so it does not count in the calculated PS4 free space.

In summary, deleting it will not give you any more usable space so it is pointless doing it.:)

Thanks for testing it out for us and you got your answer for us. Now, you can rest easy. :D

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but Leeful that app.pkg size over 512MB...
Yes I know but it is located on a protected partition of the PS4 system that is not included in the usable space of the PS4 so deleting it gives you no more usable space.

All the folders you see when you FTP into the PS4 are not all on the same partition on the HDD.
https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Files_on_the_PS4

Entonghibang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
question about the dumper so I dumped a certain game, uncharted 4 with no updates, first I checked the details and its said the disc file is 44gb. but when I check the usb from my computer, it surpassed 44gb from which there is no left space on my 64gb flashes drive, is it normal? and checking the eboot.bin it is 0kb. so it means I did not finish the backup right?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
question about the dumper so I dumped a certain game, uncharted 4 with no updates, first I checked the details and its said the disc file is 44gb. but when I check the usb from my computer, it surpassed 44gb from which there is no left space on my 64gb flashes drive, is it normal? and checking the eboot.bin it is 0kb. so it means I did not finish the backup right?

try not to cross post, you should have really waited for an answer in your original thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-dumping-backup-games.558440/

Anyway...

0kb eboot = something went wrong.
Over the BD size limit = something went wrong.

Try dump it again.

Which dumper are you using, from which host?

Entonghibang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try not to cross post, you should have really waited for an answer in your original thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-dumping-backup-games.558440/

Anyway...

0kb eboot = something went wrong.
Over the BD size limit = something went wrong.

Try dump it again.

Which dumper are you using, from which host?
thank you for the reply, I'm using the latest hen with phwoar exploit using the split option dumper, then right now I just dumped a new game bloodborne with success but this time a manually put a CFG file on the root of usb. (the game bloodborne detailed that it has 30gb + size) the dump file was 31 gb plus something. this time i will dumped uncharted 4 again with a cfg file on the root of usb, then I'll update again. sorry for cross posting I will delete it. since you answered my question.

johncroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there - not sure what I may be doing incorrectly but I am attempting to install via Sandisk Connect and getting stuck on the loading cache screen (the loading bar just continues to go - my highest was 1300% before cancelling). I copied the "files" folder, index.html, and offline.cache files to the root of the sandisk connect and am loading it by selecting the index.html file. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there - not sure what I may be doing incorrectly but I am attempting to install via Sandisk Connect and getting stuck on the loading cache screen (the loading bar just continues to go - my highest was 1300% before cancelling). I copied the "files" folder, index.html, and offline.cache files to the root of the sandisk connect and am loading it by selecting the index.html file. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Just tested it on mine and it worked fine.
Go to http://172.25.63.1/myconnect/index.html
Do not click on the index.html from the sandisk menu. That is where you went wrong.:)

The Sandisk Connect uses its own caching system and it will mess up if you do not enter the full address.
Let me know if it works for you with http://172.25.63.1/myconnect/index.html

Last edited by Leeful,

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
leeful, related to the cusa00001 pre-installed. You said that is in other partitions, i guess HDD partition ?
anyways i had an idea that would be interesting if can be sone... delete cusa00001 and use that partitions space for other uses, like for example the payload storage, or other possible uses. Remember that is more than 512 MB... think about ?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
leeful, related to the cusa00001 pre-installed. You said that is in other partitions, i guess HDD partition ?
anyways i had an idea that would be interesting if can be sone... delete cusa00001 and use that partitions space for other uses, like for example the payload storage, or other possible uses. Remember that is more than 512 MB... think about ?

IIRC AlAzif did this as a POC but never released it. It’s an idea, but the cache is big enough to store payloads anyway.

crono_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Leeful I would like to know if you can help me translate the USB file, the PC file I already translated and I would like to know if I can do this with it because when I open the file through NTP ++ it is unreadable

follow my modified for you to take a look I hope you like it
already with HEN 2.1.3 and REN 2.0

gofile.io/?c=hs87Te

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche