1. madmax2

madmax2 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I am confused about this..
    Does both ps4 profile on the two different ps4 consoles need to be activated with the offlineactivator prior to running the backup app and hdd upgrade payload?

or does the PS4 profile needs to be unactivated on both consoles when doing the official backup and payload (hdd upgrade backup and restore)?

If you can clarify in clearer steps using two ps4 consoles - PS4 and PS4 Pro as an example of what needs to be done on both and whether the profiles needed to be activated prior to running the backup and hdd upgrade payload

Last edited by madmax2, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    It does not matter if your profile is activated or not.
    If your profile is activated it will transfer your activated profile, trophies and save data.
    If your profile is not activated it will transfer your non-activated profile, trophies and save data.

All it does is copy and transfer whatever state your working PS4 is in at the time.

The ONLY thing that matters is that you do not mess with your profile or anything else during the steps in the procedure.
    again it is the same procedure if you are initializing your PS4, Installing a new HDD or transfering from one console to another.

1. Make a backup of your profile using the official Backup app in system settings. In the backup options only select your settings and/or any games you want to move. Do not select your saves. If you do choose to move any games make sure the USB drive you are using is big enough to fit them on. Remember if you move any games it will take a long time to do the backup and restore, depending on the size of the games.

2. After you have backed up your profile, run the 'HDD Upgrade Backup' payload in PS-Phwoar!

3. Initialize, Install a new HDD or go to a different console. Whichever one you are trying to do.

4. On your freshly initialized, new HDD or different console, restore your profile backup using the official Restore app in system settings.

5. After your console has restored your profile, Install PS-Phwoar! again and run the 'HDD Upgrade Restore' payload.

6. Reboot your console and your profile, trophies and save games have been restored.

Last edited by Leeful, Aug 17, 2020
  3. arfgh

arfgh GBAtemp Regular

Armenia
    Leeful, what i was saying is, if your payload delete de backup folders in the ps4, and copy the backup to its path, after editing into, all will works. I meant this as 'more direct'.

Leeful likes this.
  4. medeka

medeka Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Hello, i have question.
    How to use / instal game backported using app2usb (hdd external)?

in my case i have Death Stranding 1.00 with Backported fixed v1.01 (fw 5.05)
    iam on fw 5.05

5. Morel

Morel Newbie
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia

How can I install PS-Phwoar! on 6.72? any method to move saves and trophies from 5.05 to 6.72?

6. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    Follow steps 1-3 I posted here on your 5.05 and steps 4-6 on your 6.72 but in the second part of step 5 use the HDD Upgrade Restore payload for 6.72 here instead of installing PS-Phwoar!

Last edited by Leeful, Aug 19, 2020
  7. bluntman420

bluntman420 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I dont know what im doing wrong but i have cached it using pc install method. When i try to activate hen it doesnt do anything at all? It just says patching kernel please wait. I left it for 10 minutes and nothing? Im on 6.72 with a ps4 pro. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by bluntman420, Aug 20, 2020
    Leeful likes this.
  8. bluntman420

bluntman420 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Leeful likes this.
  9. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    PS-Phwoar! is only for 5.05. I havent released a version for 6.72 yet.

KiiWii likes this.
  10. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Waiting for above rls before i take the big leap :)

11. bluntman420

bluntman420 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Facepalm lol, now I feel like an idiot haha...Thanks for the v5 page. Works perfectly.

Leeful likes this.
  12. FruitsPunchSamurai

Newcomer

Brazil
    Leeful, I created an account just to thank you. I really like the work you've been doing for a long time and I've been using your menu ever since. It is the only menu I used in firmware 5.05 and if you make one for 6.72 I will definitely use it.

Keep up the good work and thanks again!

My best regards and sorry for my bad English.

Sparkss, KiiWii and Leeful like this.
  13. Storm21

Storm21 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    @Leeful

chain.jpg

I know it's a little off topic! Works well so far! Old chainloader code adapted for 6.72 ... and with bin payloads.
    :D;);):grog:

With the exploit files from your v6...
    Regards

Sparkss, Leeful and Mo Poge like this.
  14. foxhidden

foxhidden Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello @Leeful and thanks for this, I have successfully backup and restore my trophies from 5.05 to 6.72. Now I would like to upgrade the HDD to a bigger one on my 6.72 console. Do I need to use the script to restore my trophies ? Because I saw you have update "HDD_Upgrade_Restore672" but what about the "HDD Backup" One ? Thanks :)

Last edited by foxhidden, Aug 26, 2020
  15. teto15

teto15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    If I want to make a backup in 6.72 which payload should be used, this is only for restore.
    The same HDD Upgrade Backup 5.05 would it work?

If i backed up with the official app the save games works? The account have already activate now.

Only need use the payload for the trophies have posted before???

EDIT: I use the official app with my active account and the trophy paiload and this copy complete the ps4 data, all.
    In case it can serve someone

Last edited by teto15, Aug 27, 2020
  16. foxhidden

foxhidden Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hello So you run the Payload "HDD_Upgrade_Restore672" on you PS4 when doing the backup and the same after the restore and it works ? Do you have your trophies restored ?

17. teto15

teto15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    No, the HDD restore payload didn't use it

18. m3inard
    This message by m3inard has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Aug 28, 2020, Reason: Postcount spam.
    Aug 28, 2020
  19. Geppo3d

Geppo3d Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    I have a PS4 restored, fw 5.05. No internet connection, only ethernet connection.
    If i use ps4-exploit-host server, ethernet and internet connection are ok.
    With PS-Phwoar server ps4 return CE-33991-5 internet connection error on PS4.
    I have started "server for PS4 userguide".
    Same problem with x-project server, i don't understand because ps4-exploit-host server don't have this problem
    Same configuration (PC, PS4)
    What can i do?

20. Whitak3r

Whitak3r Member
    Newcomer

United States
    When trying to use the USB method from leeful.github.io/Usb it just sticks on loading.

I have downloaded the file and placed it in the root of the USB. Sits on loading though. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm on 6.72.

Leeful likes this.
  21. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    PS-Phwoar! is for 5.05.

KiiWii and ItsmeAJ like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Firmware, Exploit