ROM Hack {Release] Pokemon Ultra VICIOUS Sun and Ultra BRUTAL Moon! (Ultra hard Pokemon USUM mod)

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xKqG6wo.png

This mod is meant to be a "Kaizo hard" rendition of USUM.
Features:

*New starters! You have a choice of the three Alolan event Pokemon!

"New totems! Every totem has been changed so that it's a lot more of a challenge! They also have new Auras!

*Many Pokemon and movepools have been changed!
All Psychic Pokemon can learn Psystrike, all Ground Pokemon and learn Precipice blades and all Fire types can learn either sacred fire or Blue flare!

* Moves updated! Blizzard is now back to its gen 1 version and all of the moves depowered in gen 6 have been boosted.
In addition to that all useful moves now have increased PP!

*Harsher level curve. The first trainer has level 8 Pokemon and the Elite four have level 100 Pokemon

*Harder trainers! Almost every trainer you'll face in the main game has been edited

*New TMs. I've changed most of the "useless" TMs!

*New tutors Spikes, Sticky web and a few more moves are now tutors!

*Randomised wild Pokemon. All of the encounters are randomised but I've made it easier to find Pokemon to beat all of the totems early in

*Some moves now hit twice!
*There are no more RECHARGE moves!
There are NO REVIVES sold in any Pokemart! You'll only have Sacred Ash to revive your Pokemon!
The Roto boosts no longer work!

You won't get Hyper potions until you beat the 5th trail!
The shops have of course been updated!

I have made it easier to EV train.
Furfrou found on Route one and in Sandy cave have a 50% chance of holding the power items.
You can ev train your Pokemon at Mount Lanakila
Starters found on route one have a chance of holding the EV reduction berries and bottle caps!

The games are 100% unnuzlockable! There are anti Nuzlocke measures in this mod!
3ARvQ64.png

n5AXZXT.png

ngwblXL.png

Link to the mod:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-KCqVoq_BV8qNhDE1r1nfQzdyIsG5Us4
You use Luma Drag and drop to play this mod.
Ultra Moon's ID= B5100
Change 0/8/2 to 3.
Put Um code.bin on the root of the folder and move the UM for the TMs.

Last edited by AvatarMew,

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry for this but I had to fix something so I've updated the mod, I hope this will be the last time.

All Mega Pokemon can be found on the first and second island in one way or another.
If anyone wants to know what the TMs or anything else I can tell you.

Edit: Possible final update is now done due to fixing one trainer.
Edit two: I should clarify that I've not done any side-quest trainers or the post game and there's one trainer I can't find that I've not edited.
Edit three: I just noticed that one endgame trainer wasn't edited properly. I've once again edited the mod.
Edit four: The above happen again.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been told that my mod is unbalanced.

Is it from my posts on reddit? I didn't mean it as a criticism, as I figured the mod is supposed to be like that. You're set up to fail from the beginning (Marshadow can't be selected as a starter because Hau wrecks with Magearna for example), an uphill battle that becomes very satisfying when you win. Case in point, I finally beat Hapu after working out a strategy (that took multiple attempts to work), and I popped, I never do that in the main game, battle facility and online matches don't count. Even so, the excitement level was high. I do like it when a game pisses me off, it makes beating it more satisfying, and this mod fulfills that.

Reactions: AvatarMew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it from my posts on reddit? I didn't mean it as a criticism, as I figured the mod is supposed to be like that. You're set up to fail from the beginning (Marshadow can't be selected as a starter because Hau wrecks with Magearna for example), an uphill battle that becomes very satisfying when you win. Case in point, I finally beat Hapu after working out a strategy (that took multiple attempts to work), and I popped, I never do that in the main game, battle facility and online matches don't count. Even so, the excitement level was high. I do like it when a game pisses me off, it makes beating it more satisfying, and this mod fulfills that.

Yes it is. I'm glad you said that, it's made me feel proud of my mod! My friend's really excited about what you said!
You are pretty much set to fail from the beginning! I tried to make it beatable but still very hard to beat like the Kaizo games.
Oh, I'm happy I made Hapu extremely hard! I do hope that I've not made the E4 not too hard...

Reactions: RustInPeace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking of making the E4 extremely hard in a certain why but I have no idea if it would work. If it does I'll do it for my friend.
Edit: it doesn't work which is a good thing. It would had made the mod almost unbeatable...

wsedlacekc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this mod and it is pretty great however I am not a fan of all the text edits I would like a "lite" or "lore friendly" version that has fewer text edits also when picking the starter when the professor describes the pokemon you updated the typing to be correct which is great but the name when the pokemon is described has not been changed (the name on the list of starts has been changed which is great just not when it is being described). I also would like to see hidden abilities easier to obtain and type changes for pokemon and an updated type chart to make weaker types better. Also the wild encounters (I haven't gotten very far so this could change later) seem kinda random like ALL the starters for all gens can be found on route one. This seems odd. Shouldn't it just be like grass and flying pokemon there? And the starters have pretty good stats shouldn't they be used later in the game where pokemon have similar stats to them?

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried this mod and it is pretty great however I am not a fan of all the text edits I would like a "lite" or "lore friendly" version that has fewer text edits also when picking the starter when the professor describes the pokemon you updated the typing to be correct which is great but the name when the pokemon is described has not been changed (the name on the list of starts has been changed which is great just not when it is being described). I also would like to see hidden abilities easier to obtain and type changes for pokemon and an updated type chart to make weaker types better. Also the wild encounters (I haven't gotten very far so this could change later) seem kinda random like ALL the starters for all gens can be found on route one. This seems odd. Shouldn't it just be like grass and flying pokemon there? And the starters have pretty good stats shouldn't they be used later in the game where pokemon have similar stats to them?

Thank you for playing my mod.

1. You can remove the text mods I've made by removing the game file 0/4/2.
1.5 I did change the text originally but it made me unable to edit the actual Pokemon so I had to change it back.
2. All useful hidden abilities are available as normal ones.
3. I'm not changing any types of the Pokemon. I only did it for Zerora.
4. I'm not changing the type chart. I was thinking about doing a slight mod to make the steel type great (broken) again but I decided not to do it.
5. The starters are there you they can be used and also so that you can farm EV reduction berries.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Roto boosts no longer work! welp there goes playing that i'll pass at least make roto friendship work or did you change friendship evo back to gen 1-6 stat? irrc gen 7 you need max happiness to make any pokemon friendship evolve not just type: Null

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Roto boosts no longer work! welp there goes playing that i'll pass at least make roto friendship work or did you change friendship evo back to gen 1-6 stat? irrc gen 7 you need max happiness to make any pokemon friendship evolve not just type: Null
I didn't want the game to be easy by the using Roto boost and x-items. (They can be brought but they're expensive)
I've not edited the Roto Friendship. I can edit the Pokemon who evolve by happiness if you want.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want the game to be easy by the using Roto boost and x-items. (They can be brought but they're expensive)
I've not edited the Roto Friendship. I can edit the Pokemon who evolve by happiness if you want.

That explains the "No effect" message I got in the middle of an E4 battle, that could've made me tank a hit and probably sweep for the win...

I did make it to the E4, FUCK ACEROLA, you know why.

Reactions: AvatarMew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That explains the "No effect" message I got in the middle of an E4 battle, that could've made me tank a hit and probably sweep for the win...

I did make it to the E4, FUCK ACEROLA, you know why.
Yep! I'm shocked you didn't use them sooner! I'm glad Acerola was hard! How was Minty? :P

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where can I get a documentation of all Move, Move Pool, and Tutor Move changes?
The new tutors are Spikes, Sacred Fire, Close combat, Origin Pulse and Precipice blades. You won't be able to afford any of them...
I can dump the move pools if you like.
As to the moves, it's basically everything that was lowered after 5th gen was rebuffed.

wsedlacekc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new tutors are Spikes, Sacred Fire, Close combat, Origin Pulse and Precipice blades. You won't be able to afford any of them...
I can dump the move pools if you like.
As to the moves, it's basically everything that was lowered after 5th gen was rebuffed.

I would like documentation on it. I am attempting to merge your changes with some of my own and knowing exactly what was changed will make this much easier. I can dump it myself and compare to base of course that isn't hard with pk3ds It would just be nice if you had a list of what was changed already so I don't have to go through all the work of dumping and using a diff checker.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like documentation on it. I am attempting to merge your changes with some of my own and knowing exactly what was changed will make this much easier. I can dump it myself and compare to base of course that isn't hard with pk3ds It would just be nice if you had a list of what was changed already so I don't have to go through all the work of dumping and using a diff checker.
I'll rather you not change anything in the mod.

wsedlacekc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll rather you not change anything in the mod.
Why is that? TBH the only reason I am interested in pokemon is to change the game and make it more fun with better mechanics and what not. I am not honestly that interested in playing the game just interested in the game design and tinkering with it. I do not plan to redistribute my changes just have some fun making the ultimate pokemon mod. Moreover regardless of if you assist me or that I still am going to make these changes. I honestly do appreciate your opinion but I would like some feedback, why is it that you would prefer that I do not make changes? Even if I take changes I have made or another mod has made as a base you would rather me not use changes you have made over just using their or my mod instead? Perhaps if I understood your reasoning it would give me a reason as to why I shouldn't use your changes. My honest perspective right now is there are many changes that you have made that I am a big fan of and would love to use. I am just not quite a fan of all of them.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the mod, I already PMed you about the details. Long story short, it was intense, and stands as the first accomplishment of 2018 for me, which I'm very satisfied with.

fmpiTiw.png

It took 122 hours and 18 minutes. I did leave the game on a couple times, but the extra time from that isn't really that massive. 1% or so, meaning pretty much the whole time was spent failing a lot, winning some, ultimately grinding with getting the EV reducing berries, skipping through growing them in Pelago, EV training, then my PP kept running out so I had to farm Leppa berries, I had a mass storage of Sacred Ashes and Full Restores, the latter I didn't use much surprisingly. Ultimately the championship battle was decided by luck, Hau missed a lot basically. Here's the thing, most of the mons Hau had were speedy, and you'd only outspeed them if you had the top tier mons, maxed out speed positive Greninja, Aerodactyl, Talonflame, Tapu Koko, you get the idea, but they hit super hard with the strongest possible moves that don't need a charge/recharge turn. I had a lot of fun, there's still more to do, especially Team RR and the later Poni areas. I'll definitely replay via Ultra Brutal Moon, I'll try to craft a stronger team, as I realized I had a common weakness to Ground, two mons were extremely week to Fire, Pelipper has that nasty Electricity weakness, and really Jirachi has a deeper special movepool, but I was running physical, so I only had one STAB move, Zen Headbutt, and then Ice Punch.

I mean, this will kind of make Dio Vento's mods a breeze, maybe, will see for myself eventually. I assume you didn't edit the legendary encounters? I hope not for the sake of RNGing.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I finished the mod, I already PMed you about the details. Long story short, it was intense, and stands as the first accomplishment of 2018 for me, which I'm very satisfied with.

fmpiTiw.png

It took 122 hours and 18 minutes. I did leave the game on a couple times, but the extra time from that isn't really that massive. 1% or so, meaning pretty much the whole time was spent failing a lot, winning some, ultimately grinding with getting the EV reducing berries, skipping through growing them in Pelago, EV training, then my PP kept running out so I had to farm Leppa berries, I had a mass storage of Sacred Ashes and Full Restores, the latter I didn't use much surprisingly. Ultimately the championship battle was decided by luck, Hau missed a lot basically. Here's the thing, most of the mons Hau had were speedy, and you'd only outspeed them if you had the top tier mons, maxed out speed positive Greninja, Aerodactyl, Talonflame, Tapu Koko, you get the idea, but they hit super hard with the strongest possible moves that don't need a charge/recharge turn. I had a lot of fun, there's still more to do, especially Team RR and the later Poni areas. I'll definitely replay via Ultra Brutal Moon, I'll try to craft a stronger team, as I realized I had a common weakness to Ground, two mons were extremely week to Fire, Pelipper has that nasty Electricity weakness, and really Jirachi has a deeper special movepool, but I was running physical, so I only had one STAB move, Zen Headbutt, and then Ice Punch.

I mean, this will kind of make Dio Vento's mods a breeze, maybe, will see for myself eventually. I assume you didn't edit the legendary encounters? I hope not for the sake of RNGing.

Ah, thank you! I'm glad it's been fun! I'll get to work on the post game!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if anyone cares but I've finally got around to doing Episode Rainbow Rocket.
The mod as been updated to work with the new update as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways