1. Kobazco

OP Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hello. It's certainly been a while hasn't it.

With the upcoming titles Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I thought it would be a good time to get back into this kind of stuff.

So without further ado, I am proud to announce Pokemon: Risen Sun and Waned Moon! (I need logos somebody help me out here).

It's basically going to be the same thing as Rising Sun and Waning Moon. A difficulty hack that aims to be in the "Drayano style" of hacks. Like Rising Sun and Waning Moon, it's likely going to be at first catered to my own ideas and what I want out of a difficulty hack. Just like before, if you want a more fleshed out expierence and likely more balanced, wait for the release of Pokemon: Super Nova and Penumbra. But if you prefer really difficult and "fun" battles, then stick around for Risen Sun and Waned Moon!

The download will also be much more accessible and easier for all to install, as I will update the format to that of the one Nova Sun and Umbra Moon does. Thanks for reading everyone! Hope you are all excited.

[​IMG]

2. Dimi0208

Dimi0208 Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    I'm trying to install this hack on my o3ds xl with luma and i follow the instructions to the letter.
    then i get this error.

processor: ARM11 (core0)
    Exception type: prefetch abort (kernel panic)
    Current process: niji_loc (0004000000175E00)

anybody know whats wrong?

Attached Files:

3. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Philippines
    I think I can help with the logos, should I say. Drop me a message.

4. Kobazco

United States
    Ahem.

It has recently come to my attention that my original download links and twitter did NOT break the rules regarding posting roms, etc. I am NOT linking any direct .3ds or .cia files, and am not providing a full romfs. All I provide for the user to download within these links is the ability to get pk3ds, romfs extraction tools, and the various files I edited that are required to play Rising Sun and Waning Moon.

Without further ado, the downloads & instructions return : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By0T413LWAPQaXpEZWpiS3hldlU
    Follow me on twitter for further updates: https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

MAIN POST INSTRUCTIONS UPDATED!

Instructions: (CFW Required for this method. See other method below if you don't have a CFW) I also still need to make the method easier for Pokemon Sun users, sorry!

THINGS YOU NEED:
    - Latest nightly build of luma. (Get this through the .cia updater)
    - The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) Get it from the Google Drive link

New and Updated Instructions! About time!

Luma Game Patcher Method:

• Create a folder named titles inside luma.
      • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
    • Create a folder titled romfs within luma/titles/(titleID)
    • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
    • Make sure "Enable Game Patcher" is checked in luma3ds setup.
    • Start Sun/Moon
    Thats it! Easiest way to tell if its working is by starting a new game or checking your Trainer Passport.

FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Layeredfs: (These instructions only apply if you use the Layeredfs files)

The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:

• Create a folder named titles inside luma.
    • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
    • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
    • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
    • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Sun, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000164800.
    FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Last edited by Kobazco, Nov 6, 2017
  5. Kobazco

United States
    For anyone interested in following the development of Setting Sun & Waxing Moon, I will most likely hold off on making a thread about it until I have an early version done that includes the full game. This means I will not be releasing an early version this time around, but will still be getting it out as fast as possible.

This means just like rising sun and waning moon, setting sun and waxing moon will be less in depth than the inevitable nova sun hack for USUM. Just like last time, I'm gonna make this drayano styled, and I'm gonna do it my way

Since there will be no thread until the hack is ready, all updates and previews regarding Setting Sun and Waxing Moon will be posted on my Twitter. I will post frequent updates and previews there. https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

Tldr: follow my Twitter for early previews and the chance to beta test Setting Sun and Waxing Moon. https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

6. Kobazco

United States
    This is a reminder,

If anyone wants to playtest the currently finished First Island of Setting Sun and Waxing Moon, shoot me a dm here or preferably at my twitter.

https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

7. Kobazco

United States
    With both Setting Sun/Waxing Moon and Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon progressing at a rapid rate (and Electric Soldier doing his own progress report) I think it's about time I shed some of my own information on my progress.

Setting Sun & Waxing Moon are NOT setting out to be their own version of Supernova, etc. I feel like this is important to state. I will only be releasing one version, and very much to my own tastes in much the same fashion Waning Moon was developed. However, I DO plan on being much more thorough with my first release than I was compared to Waning Moon's spotty development cycle.

What I have completed so far in my own development.

• Complete editing and balancing of the first and second islands.
    • All Pokemon having access to their hidden abilities.
    • A few type changes here and there and a lot of BST buffs to under powered pokemon.
    • All evolutionary stones (and a lucky egg) are purchasable at the Super Mega Thrifty Mart.
    • All Pokemon that required evolution by trade are now evolved by using said items, or leveling up.
    • Rework of the Rotom "advice you didn't ask for" system where Rotom gives you advice pertaining to the hack. Such as telling you about the new evolution methods, or changed types, etc.
    • Kantonian Gym has Lt. Surge as it's Gym leader.
    • Hau functions similar to N, in that his team is slowly fleshed out throughout the course of the game, but he (almost) always has a full team of 6 Pokemon that will keep changing until the endgame.
    And many more of course!

Live updates found here: https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

I'm currently running a poll of what music to use for the Lt. Surge battle on my twitter!

8. Codoro

Codoro Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Kobazco! First of all, thanks for all the ROMhack work. But I have a question.

What tool do you use to edit things like trainers teams and Pokemon's stats? I'm gonna admit, I haven't read through this entire 60+ pages thread yet, so please don't bully if it's already been posted. It's been a while since I looked up romhacking gen 7 games, and last I checked, pk3ds wasn't up to date with editing all the finer details of Sun and Moon. I basically wanna change all the Pokemon I like to use to all have "Slow" exp rates (I like all my team having the same growth term, so I have to use them all "equally"), and change a few Pokemon types, and move types. I got too used to some of the changes Drayano made, and now it feels strange NOT having them. (Grass/Dragon Serperior is BOSS) Sorry if this isn't the place to ask all this. Id have PMed you but I couldn't figure out how (mobile poster). If you have any advice, please let me know. I recently bought a new 3ds and sent it off to have it hacked, and I wanted to get started on making changes as soon as I get it back. Thanks in advance, or thanks anyways!

9. Anycade1

Anycade1 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So new pokemon on here do NOT sos?

10. Comixsonic

Comixsonic Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Perhaps a noob question, but hacks of this nature cannot be played on Citra, right?

11. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

United Kingdom
    No they can be played on citra

12. Comixsonic

Comixsonic Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Woah. Okay. So my understanding is (was) that these hacks (and hacks like Drayano's ORAS) use a patching process that is unique to Luma on CFW 3DS's. It sounds like I was way off. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction so that I can get this working?
    Very much appreciated.

13. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

United Kingdom
  14. kannachan23

kannachan23 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Would this work with the 1.2 update or no?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Pokemon, Rising