Pokemon Rising Sun and Waning Moon
v 2.0
Works for both Pokemon Moon and Sun!
Download & Information:Google is your friend
Feedback is much appreciated and NEEDED
HOMEBREW IS REQUIRED
HOMEBREW INSTALLATION: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
UPDATES POSTED HERE: https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm
Download & Instructions: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By0T413LWAPQaXpEZWpiS3hldlU
NOTICE:

It has come to my attention that my old download links and instructions were within the gbatemp rules. I am not linking any actual roms, or full romfs files. I am only linking the individual edited files required to play Rising Sun & Waning Moon. If this is threatened to be taken down once more, I ask that mods first look and tell me why the Nova Sun/Umbra Moon mods do the same and have remained up.

Please ask if you want to upload this elsewhere, or at least give credit back to this post or my twitter.
Lets start off with some context. Currently, pk3DS allows us to edit the trainers and move sets of pokemon within Pokemon Sun and Moon. I decided to go ahead and create a challenge mode of sorts, similar to that of Pokemon Blaze Black/Volt White. Currently editing wild encounters!

Changes:
  • Trial Captains and Kahunas now all have teams of 6 Pokemon.
  • Level curve greatly changed. Team should be in high 70s/low 80s by the end of the elite 4.
  • Trainers have Pokemon not usually seen in Alola.
  • Movesets of weaker Pokemon is finished.
  • Youngster Joey has a top percent Rattata.
  • Wild encounters up until the post game are finished! Have fun everyone!
  • Custom music for post game returning trainers.
  • Almost every Pokemon has access to their hidden ability.
U42cJcx.png
FWhOC2l.png

IARcrst.png
hzwXlBt.png
IHBUAuF.png
UCPDYoJ.png
cvq352D.png
HHR42RO.png

Video demonstrations:
A NOTE ABOUT INSTRUCTIONS:
THE EASIEST METHOD IS GETTING A CFW, DO IT WHILE YOU CAN.
Instructions: (CFW Required for this method. See other method below if you don't have a CFW) I also still need to make the method easier for Pokemon Sun users, sorry!

THINGS YOU NEED:
- Latest nightly build of luma. (Get this through the .cia updater)
- The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) Get it from the Google Drive link

New and Updated Instructions! About time!

Luma Game Patcher Method:
    • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
    • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder titled romfs within luma/titles/(titleID)
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • Make sure "Enable Game Patcher" is checked in luma3ds setup.
  • Start Sun/Moon
Thats it! Easiest way to tell if its working is by starting a new game or checking your Trainer Passport.

FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Layeredfs: (These instructions only apply if you use the Layeredfs files)

The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
  • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
  • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Sun, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000164800.
FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Todo:
  • Re balance according to feedback.
  • Re balance Pokemon move sets and stats once tools are available.
  • Add in last few Pokemon. (Some starters, legendaries, etc.)
  • Finish documentation on the various changes.

Credits:
  • Creators of the tools pk3DS, extract repack, etc.
  • Drayano, for being a cool guy that's better at hacking than I am
Sellout:
I'm a filthy sellout. Follow me on twitter to know when major updates for the romhack come out. https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

Last edited by Kobazco,

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys I literally just got CFW and I got my own mod to work via Luma3DS. If I can do it you guys can :D

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guys I literally just got CFW and I got my own mod to work via Luma3DS. If I can do it you guys can :D
Grats man, btw I made a pastebin going through the encounter list and a list of all 802 mons and listed what are seemingly unobtainable, only obtainable by events/not in the wild and so on. May have missed a few of the alolan forms but still

http://pastebin.com/5iRHujtj

Not sure if I'm missing any unobtainables of whether any listed are actually in game but yeah. Figured it'd help to have a list of not included mons for 1.2/1.3

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grats man, btw I made a pastebin going through the encounter list and a list of all 802 mons and listed what are seemingly unobtainable, only obtainable by events/not in the wild and so on. May have missed a few of the alolan forms but still

http://pastebin.com/5iRHujtj

Not sure if I'm missing any unobtainables of whether any listed are actually in game but yeah. Figured it'd help to have a list of not included mons for 1.2/1.3
Thanks this will help out a lot! Oh a bunch of the desert related mons (Cacnea etc.) Have been added in. Double check the desert area in encounters.txt

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks this will help out a lot! Oh a bunch of the desert related mons (Cacnea etc.) Have been added in. Double check the desert area in encounters.txt
I refreshed the google drive and reopened encounters.txt but crt+f cacnea or cacturne still show zero results? I'll look manually though

Updated the pastebin adding the alolan form(s) I was missing and moving the cacti along with some other gen 7 that's probably in game but not on the list along with their evos to the bottom.
http://pastebin.com/0W2vRJ5e

Last edited by Skylinedeadline, , Reason: Updated missing list.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Kobazco ,i check on serebii ,in berry field we will never encounter pokemon like crabrawer and we just can only collect berries,so,i think combee will not appear in berry filed as well in your hackrom since i try many times no encounter pokemon but just keep on get berries,so,can you edit combee location into other place?you know it is impoosible to meet pokemon inside berry field right?unless you change that in your hackrom?

Just now i accidentally "use" wild modifier cheat code that is why i meet combee in route 10,sorry

Last edited by X Virus,

AaronDeAhmed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maldives
Will the SaltySD code.ips file be able to use QR codes like the SciresM patch? If not, how can we combine the two patches?

EDIT: Nvm found the batch ips generator. Great work with this hack tho :)

Last edited by AaronDeAhmed,

Plusi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well so far I've played up until Route 8 and I have to say the difficulty, or lack thereof, is disappointing. I feel like the whole hack needs to be at least 10 levels higher to be challenging. I have two shotted the Wishiwashi and Salazzle totem fights, yet I'm constantly outleveled.

I'm in the middle of Route 8 and my team is Brionne Lv33, Pikachu Lv31, Alola Muk Lv32, Growlithe Lv29, Toucannon Lv31 and Lucario Lv32. Most trainers on Route 8 are using level 26-28 mons. I don't even battle wild Pokémon on Akala...

My suggestion to players is to turn off the Exp.Share completely and try to Nuzlocke if necessary.

If ORAS was a 4/10 in the difficulty scale, vanilla SM is a 5.5/10 and Waning Moon/Rising Sun a 6.5/10. For comparison, I'd rate Eternal X/Wilting Y a 8.5/10 and Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire a 9.5/10.

Some constructive criticism:
- Don't put so many good wild 'mons in Melemele.
- You can keep your wild Audinos in Melemele, but consider adding a difficutly spike. Route 2 should have trainers way higher leveled than now.
- Give Z-Crystals to more people.

As a side note, a random trainer mentioned something about using Mega Evolution but their Pokémon were not mega evolution-capable. Would that count as a bug?

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding onto Plusi's Suggestions

1. Maybe make various ball types purchasable? (Beast balls, master, etc. the limited ones you can't get more than <x> amount of basically.)

2. Perhaps some way to purchase missing mega stones if you can't already (haven't beaten the game yet so not sure whether you're able to get all the stones or not) Along with any other forme items (plates for arceus, prison bottle, etc.) Or just having the stones and transform items randomly held on the appropriate pokemon.

That's actually about all I can think of outside of what Plusi has already mentioned regarding difficulty. Perhaps (though not sure whether it's too much trouble/effort) Make a balanced and intense version of the mod similar to Wilting Y/X and have one the standard level of difficulty (current mod) and another more hardcore one for those wanting an excessive challenge.

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I hope legendaries's chance of encounter can increase from 1% to 4%-5%,1% is actually equal to impossible to encounter at all,it seems like "imitate" the other hackrom from previous gen and i doesn't prefer it at all,don't follow the other hackrom feature,since your game are in hard mode,then you must increased the chance of player getting legendaries for beating the game with much easier.

The same goes to Totodile and squirtle only have 1% of encounter ,this is not a good idea,maybe 3-4% then is ok

And then,i think it will be fine if Litten can be encounter in Wela Volcano Park with 5% chance

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so far I've played up until Route 8 and I have to say the difficulty, or lack thereof, is disappointing. I feel like the whole hack needs to be at least 10 levels higher to be challenging. I have two shotted the Wishiwashi and Salazzle totem fights, yet I'm constantly outleveled.

I'm in the middle of Route 8 and my team is Brionne Lv33, Pikachu Lv31, Alola Muk Lv32, Growlithe Lv29, Toucannon Lv31 and Lucario Lv32. Most trainers on Route 8 are using level 26-28 mons. I don't even battle wild Pokémon on Akala...

My suggestion to players is to turn off the Exp.Share completely and try to Nuzlocke if necessary.

If ORAS was a 4/10 in the difficulty scale, vanilla SM is a 5.5/10 and Waning Moon/Rising Sun a 6.5/10. For comparison, I'd rate Eternal X/Wilting Y a 8.5/10 and Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire a 9.5/10.

Some constructive criticism:
- Don't put so many good wild 'mons in Melemele.
- You can keep your wild Audinos in Melemele, but consider adding a difficutly spike. Route 2 should have trainers way higher leveled than now.
- Give Z-Crystals to more people.

As a side note, a random trainer mentioned something about using Mega Evolution but their Pokémon were not mega evolution-capable. Would that count as a bug?

I can't really give an in depth reply right now, 30 mins from my final. But I hope you'll at least finish the 2nd island, and fight the boss of route 8 first.

Plusi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't really give an in depth reply right now, 30 mins from my final. But I hope you'll at least finish the 2nd island, and fight the boss of route 8 first.
You mean Colress? Yeah he caught me by surprise, but his team was more or less on par with the rest of the route. I didn't have any good Ground-types but I managed to beat him without too much difficulty. I wish all trainers were like him though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr