Pokemon Rising Sun and Waning Moon
v 2.0
Works for both Pokemon Moon and Sun!
Download & Information:Google is your friend
Feedback is much appreciated and NEEDED
HOMEBREW IS REQUIRED
HOMEBREW INSTALLATION: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
UPDATES POSTED HERE: https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm
Download & Instructions: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By0T413LWAPQaXpEZWpiS3hldlU
NOTICE:

It has come to my attention that my old download links and instructions were within the gbatemp rules. I am not linking any actual roms, or full romfs files. I am only linking the individual edited files required to play Rising Sun & Waning Moon. If this is threatened to be taken down once more, I ask that mods first look and tell me why the Nova Sun/Umbra Moon mods do the same and have remained up.

Please ask if you want to upload this elsewhere, or at least give credit back to this post or my twitter.
Lets start off with some context. Currently, pk3DS allows us to edit the trainers and move sets of pokemon within Pokemon Sun and Moon. I decided to go ahead and create a challenge mode of sorts, similar to that of Pokemon Blaze Black/Volt White. Currently editing wild encounters!

Changes:
  • Trial Captains and Kahunas now all have teams of 6 Pokemon.
  • Level curve greatly changed. Team should be in high 70s/low 80s by the end of the elite 4.
  • Trainers have Pokemon not usually seen in Alola.
  • Movesets of weaker Pokemon is finished.
  • Youngster Joey has a top percent Rattata.
  • Wild encounters up until the post game are finished! Have fun everyone!
  • Custom music for post game returning trainers.
  • Almost every Pokemon has access to their hidden ability.
U42cJcx.png
FWhOC2l.png

IARcrst.png
hzwXlBt.png
IHBUAuF.png
UCPDYoJ.png
cvq352D.png
HHR42RO.png

Video demonstrations:
A NOTE ABOUT INSTRUCTIONS:
THE EASIEST METHOD IS GETTING A CFW, DO IT WHILE YOU CAN.
Instructions: (CFW Required for this method. See other method below if you don't have a CFW) I also still need to make the method easier for Pokemon Sun users, sorry!

THINGS YOU NEED:
- Latest nightly build of luma. (Get this through the .cia updater)
- The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) Get it from the Google Drive link

New and Updated Instructions! About time!

Luma Game Patcher Method:
    • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
    • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder titled romfs within luma/titles/(titleID)
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • Make sure "Enable Game Patcher" is checked in luma3ds setup.
  • Start Sun/Moon
Thats it! Easiest way to tell if its working is by starting a new game or checking your Trainer Passport.

FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Layeredfs: (These instructions only apply if you use the Layeredfs files)

The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
  • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
  • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Sun, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000164800.
FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Todo:
  • Re balance according to feedback.
  • Re balance Pokemon move sets and stats once tools are available.
  • Add in last few Pokemon. (Some starters, legendaries, etc.)
  • Finish documentation on the various changes.

Credits:
  • Creators of the tools pk3DS, extract repack, etc.
  • Drayano, for being a cool guy that's better at hacking than I am
Sellout:
I'm a filthy sellout. Follow me on twitter to know when major updates for the romhack come out. https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

Last edited by Kobazco,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no point in a CIA. You would need to install it every upate. Just use the normal CIA with code.bin. I tried to make a banner but pillow python wont install.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cia crashes on my New 3DS: sysNAND 11.2 Luma 3DS 6.6 but now i am using LayeredFS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can i get a custom startscreen work with LayeredFS?

X Virus

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
^_^ Finally wild battle of Waning Moon work on citra 3ds emulator after i rebuilding romfs again & again,now i can meet Weedle & Pidgey in route 1 , anyway , that rom just have wild encounter feature only, i not yet add Stronger trainer and Trade evolution hack feature inside the rom since i always have blackscreen error whenever i copy everything inside GARC files & exefs to replace my existing romfs (original moon) , tomorrow will try again to add on these 2 features

Attachments

• wANING mOON-PIDGEY.PNG
    wANING mOON-PIDGEY.PNG
    195.7 KB · Views: 266

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might know why it's happening. I really need to clean up the GARC files. Some of them just aren't necessary
^_^ Finally wild battle of Waning Moon work on citra 3ds emulator after i rebuilding romfs again & again,now i can meet Weedle & Pidgey in route 1 , anyway , that rom just have wild encounter feature only, i not yet add Stronger trainer and Trade evolution hack feature inside the rom since i always have blackscreen error whenever i copy everything inside GARC files & exefs to replace my existing romfs (original moon) , tomorrow will try again to add on these 2 features

ImReallySaltySd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the loot tables unchanged for specific pokemon?

For example the Jangmo-o that you can catch in Ten Carat Hill still has a 5% chance to hold razor claw? Or is it just the chance of the pokemon spawning?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the loot tables unchanged for specific pokemon?

For example the Jangmo-o that you can catch in Ten Carat Hill still has a 5% chance to hold razor claw? Or is it just the chance of the pokemon spawning?
Loot tables are unchanged. They are pokemon specific not area. So a jangmo-o caught anywhere has a 5% of having a razor claw

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loot tables are unchanged. They are pokemon specific not area. So a jangmo-o caught anywhere has a 5% of having a razor claw
I know it's far fetched but any chance you'd consider adding the romfs & exefs for use in pk3ds? I think you need the .bins to extract to edit your own romhacks and stuff anyways with pk3ds. Tried using braindump on sun but it just stalls on some red screen, what did you use to extract them to make your hack?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you make a changelog and put it in the op?
Its pretty much the very first thing I list within the master post. Just not as detailed. A full list of changed wild encounters is part of the Google Drive link

I know it's far fetched but any chance you'd consider adding the romfs & exefs for use in pk3ds? I think you need the .bins to extract to edit your own romhacks and stuff anyways with pk3ds. Tried using braindump on sun but it just stalls on some red screen, what did you use to extract them to make your hack?
I used braindump

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its pretty much the very first thing I list within the master post. Just not as detailed. A full list of changed wild encounters is part of the Google Drive link

I used braindump
you used the 2015 (presumably newest) braindump release? using that + homebrew launcher.cia to access it just results in red screen after selecting sun or moon?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you used the 2015 (presumably newest) braindump release? using that + homebrew launcher.cia to access it just results in red screen after selecting sun or moon?
Actually I can't remember. I may have an old build because I struggled to dump Fire Emblem Fates Digital version (Which by the way never worked sadly)

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I can't remember. I may have an old build because I struggled to dump Fire Emblem Fates Digital version (Which by the way never worked sadly)
I'll try a different build of braindump then shortly. You do need to edit the romfs/exefs for wild encounters right? Or is it the garcs? I mainly just wanna add in what mons are currently missing tbh for the full 802 being available.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try a different build of braindump then shortly. You do need to edit the romfs/exefs for wild encounters right? Or is it the garcs? I mainly just wanna add in what mons are currently missing tbh for the full 802 being available.
Everything is just in the GARC files.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is just in the GARC files.
oh, well damn. That saves time I guess, what do you use to edit them though? Extracting the 0/8/3 file in the garc folder with pk3ds gives a bunch of stuff but none of which are editable using notepad+ I assume ohana3ds or whatever that program is called works?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, well damn. That saves time I guess, what do you use to edit them though? Extracting the 0/8/3 file in the garc folder with pk3ds gives a bunch of stuff but none of which are editable using notepad+ I assume ohana3ds or whatever that program is called works?
If you use the most up to date build of pk3ds through git pull, it supports Pokemon Sun and Moon. You can just use the wild encounter editor provided.

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the most up to date build of pk3ds through git pull, it supports Pokemon Sun and Moon. You can just use the wild encounter editor provided.
I made the newest build of pk3ds now but I still don't get an option to just edit garcs. Only extract it seems. I assume I'll still have to get the romfs/exefs and can't just use garcs alone?

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone confirm that it is possible to use this hack via luma on a cartridge moon game because I have not been able to succeed in loading this. and yes, I made sure luma had patches on.
Yeah people have already confirmed I'm like 99% sure. All I can say is make sure everything is named properly and to have the nightly build of luma. Send me a screenshot of the folders in the SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome