1. PR3D4TOR

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Maybe i made a mistake while creating it but i couldn't care less since i am using the Luma3ds method right now and it doesn't get easier overall, especially when it comes to hack updates :)

2. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Would need a expert to explain it as im not sure if Im correct but as we can tell now its the modifying and replacing of the files in the extracted cia thats causing the boot problem because I plan it using luma salty SD method but when you decrypt the cia and extract it and rebuild it with the replacement files thats when the issue occurs

3. X Virus

X Virus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    So,how about the guys who can boot the hack without trouble?they not using CIA?

Last edited by X Virus, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Cha0tic

United States
    You seem to be confused its not that using a Sun Or Moon cia is the problem.

Its when trying to build a custom cia with the files provided by OP cause the problem because I am using a cia of Sun with the luma method/salty SD and I am playing jut fine.

Its the custom building of a .cia with the replacement files that does not work

If you use a .cia from that iso site or your own + op luma/salty SD method it works perfect.

5. X Virus

Malaysia
    Then,you no need use cia right?Why you tried hard to build the not working cia?You want to play in on PC with citra?

6. Cha0tic

United States
    You don't need a custom built cia.

I tried to build it for the people, alot of people rather just install the .cia or just don't know how or having issues trying to install the mod with luma and saltySD. So alot of people would prefer to just have a built cia of the mod.

I have no intentions of using citra I have a 3ds

7. X Virus

Malaysia
    How about ORAS hackrom?it have the same problem as well?Or just sun and moon hackrom got this blackscreen error?

8. ImReallySaltySd

Newcomer

United States
    Hey, just needed a little bit of help on why I cant get my game to work -

I have Luma and all the files in the right folder as per the saltysd method, however when I launch the game, everything loads as normal without any changes. I guess my system cant tell that there was anything changed? Any ideas as to why its not working?

9. Cha0tic

United States
    Not a issue with rutile ruby, that I have a custom built .cia and for neo x as well. They are just fine, its this romhack. Someone with more experience would need to look into it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did you try wild encounters on route 1? should see starlys and a few other pokemon.
    when I did it I could not see any change till I hit that route

10. ImReallySaltySd

Newcomer

United States

I stopped as soon as I got to the first youngster who had a lvl 3 ratata instead of lvl 5 - also no version on trainer card. Also tried making a new game as well but not changes to trainer card or youngster pokemon. Most issues I read through on this form have to do with the game crashing on the leading screen which wasnt an issue for me, it just seems that the mod simply isnt being loaded at all.

11. Kobazco

OP Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Make sure you enabled patching on luma3ds?

12. ImReallySaltySd

Newcomer

United States
    Where exactly is that done?

Edit: didn't have it enabled but I just turned it on - do I need to start a new game? no changes to trainer card atm. I had saved right after picking starter pokemon

Last edited by ImReallySaltySd, Dec 12, 2016
  13. Kobazco

United States
    Shouldn't have to start a new save. For some reason text changes don't always work for luma 3ds users. Try continuing

14. ImReallySaltySd

Newcomer

United States

Just made it to first youngster and his rattata was lvl. 3 again - Patching enabled, and tried it on moon instead of sun. No crashing or anything

15. Kobazco

United States
    Make sure all of the folders are named right. Caps matter etc. Make sure the folders are all in their correct places and the ips patch is in the correct folder

16. ImReallySaltySd

Newcomer

United States
    Triple checked and everything was fine - re-launched it and it worked this time. Not sure wtf happened but im not gonna complain haha. Thank you for all the help and being so active on the forum. I'll thank you later when I beat the game for making such a dope mod!

Haven't played through sun or moon before so I'm excited for a difficult first run

TheFlamingFurret likes this.
  17. PR3D4TOR

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Did you enable "Enable Game Patching" in Luma3ds Settings (Hold Select when powering up)?

EDIT: Nvm, you got it already working

18. Riku358

Riku358 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Peru
    with the patch 1.1. I´m able to play online? ... I mean the change of types like stanler(normal psychic) will not interfere?

19. Skylinedeadline

Skylinedeadline Shitposter

United States
    if I'm not mistaken you can only trade (and presumably battle) With 'legitimate' mons. So if it can be caught in vanilla, doesn't have illegal moves or typings you'd be good. Not too sure what happens if you have illegal mons. I guess you just get sent back to the menu.

20. Cha0tic

United States
    Says there is a error with this pokemon, was trying to trade a friend some pokemon and it wouldn't work. I had to find a pokemon thats in the vanilla version.

Skylinedeadline likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Pokemon, Rising