ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

KomasterXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I was wondering, could this linking method be used (in a way) for the Megaman Battle Network series? Or is this an impossibility?

superstarxalien1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Unless you want to use it on Citra, why would you want to use the latest version of Braindump? There's little to no difference between 1.0 and 0.0.1, save from the fact that the latter dumps the RomFS and the ExeFS directly, which is much more convenient.

BarrelRoll07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I'm new here and just hacked my 3ds, and my dream would be to get Pokemon Gold on it.. So I tried to follow the instructions but I got stucked when I had to dump my Pokemon Yellow which is legally bought from the eshop, I have an error on braindump "Failure During Dumping. Output data is incomplete"). I got a .cxi file but it kept putting errors using the cmd, and I didn't have any ExFS folder.
I own an old 3DS on 11.0.0-33E.
If this thread isn't too old so someone could help me, it would be great !
Thank you very much.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! I'm new here and just hacked my 3ds, and my dream would be to get Pokemon Gold on it.. So I tried to follow the instructions but I got stucked when I had to dump my Pokemon Yellow which is legally bought from the eshop, I have an error on braindump "Failure During Dumping. Output data is incomplete"). I got a .cxi file but it kept putting errors using the cmd, and I didn't have any ExFS folder.
I own an old 3DS on 11.0.0-33E.
If this thread isn't too old so someone could help me, it would be great !
Thank you very much.
The tutorial on the first post is a bit outdated. What I would recommend you do instead is to just use @Asdolo's very user friendly Ultimate GBC VC injector, found here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/

All you will need is the actual Pokemon Gold dump and the wireless patch thst you can download from the first post on this thread.

BarrelRoll07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The tutorial on the first post is a bit outdated. What I would recommend you do instead is to just use @Asdolo's very user friendly Ultimate GBC VC injector, found here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/

All you will need is the actual Pokemon Gold dump and the wireless patch thst you can download from the first post on this thread.
Thank you for answering me ! The only thing is that i understood that i needed a fixed copy of Pokemon Gold ROM but i can't find it on "that iso site"

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i wanted to make a cia with a full color hack of pokemon red, would the link cable function work with the normal pokemon red patch or would i need a new one entirely?.

Last edited by lordkaos,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you, could you tell me where to get the patch file for red?
Get the Pokemon red CIA, decrypt it using Decrypt 9, decompile it using Asia81's packhack, and go into the romfs directory. There will be a bunch of .patch files. The one for Pokemon red will be named just like the Pokemon red rom is named in the romfs/rom directory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass