Hacking [RELEASE] Pkgi 0.04 - Install games directly on Vita (similar to FreeShop)

mmozeiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
False, please read the OP link:

Not false. Screen can to into power-saving mode. That's not a big deal. Download will still continue in "background". It will stop only if you put Vita into sleep (press power button).
It is pretty much same as how VitaShell does FTP server. If you power off Vita - the ftp stops.

Reactions: ceevee

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another thing to note is that it depends on the game, if a particular game has many files in the kb sizes, the slow speed is reasonable, but if you are downloading a part of the game where a single file is hundreds of mb, the speed should greatly improve

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not false. Screen can to into power-saving mode. That's not a big deal. Download will still continue in "background". It will stop only if you put Vita into sleep (press power button).
It is pretty much same as how VitaShell does FTP server. If you power off Vita - the ftp stops.
This is true. I’ve left my vita downloading and returned a while later to awake vita and game was installed.

Reactions: ceevee

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised that nothing like this ever got made for PSP. The URLs necessary to pull content from Sony's servers have been public knowledge for some time- as has the process necessary to convert the results into something CFW can work with.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I'm surprised that nothing like this ever got made for PSP. The URLs necessary to pull content from Sony's servers have been public knowledge for some time- as has the process necessary to convert the results into something CFW can work with.
The ps3 too, it was just never made. The closest was psnstuff on pc.

Spartk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it necessary to have the plugin NoNpDrm installed before starting PKGI? anyone tested Pkgi without installing NoNpDrm? I didn't set NoNpDrm on my psvita, I launched Pkgi and donwloaded a game; in the end of the process I get "install error". Maybe this issue is caused by the fact I don't have NoNpDrm? thank you.

Reactions: Rizzorules

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it necessary to have the plugin NoNpDrm installed before starting PKGI? anyone tested Pkgi without installing NoNpDrm? I didn't set NoNpDrm on my psvita, I launched Pkgi and donwloaded a game; in the end of the process I get "install error". Maybe this issue is caused by the fact I don't have NoNpDrm? thank you.
You need to install it, otherwise it wont work

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's great but some games are only available in US version and not in EUR. My mother tongue is French and I do not know if my language is included in the US games and if so, in which ones. Is there a way to know that without trying the game? Via an online database maybe?

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's great but some games are only available in US version and not in EUR. My mother tongue is French and I do not know if my language is included in the US games and if so, in which ones. Is there a way to know that without trying the game? Via an online database maybe?
Yes, eu games should have french. Check the Game Code, for example PCSB00598 is Child of Light. So google the code, it's next to every game.

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know EUR games have french (when a french translation exist...). It's what I say. The problem is it's not sure for the us games. I'll try to Google the US ID. Thanks
Update : still hard to know :(

Last edited by Cortexfou,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem, I can run the latest version but there are no games visible to download - just '???'. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Appreciate any help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol