ROM Hack [Release] Pictlogica Final Fantasy ENG translation

namingwaypoint

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
You lost your save. You needed to create backup with JKSM/Checkpoint before installing rebuilt .cia.

Actually I did that (had 2 save backups prior to installation) but when I booted Checkpoint to try and restore my data, it's not there.

E: Thank goodness I had backup saves I made with JKSM 2 years back. I still find it odd though that Checkpoint deleted my saves when I installed the new version.

Question though, I was thinking about cleaning up the translation. What tools did you use to edit the JTEK files?

Last edited by namingwaypoint,

Sephrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm confused, I tried extracting the PFF CIA file but nothing's happening on my end. Am I missing something here? What version of the toolkit are you guys using?

Edit: So I was able to extract and rebuild the CIA however when I installed and ran PFF on the 3DS, it didn't read my existing save (installed edited version over existing JP version). Does this have something to do with the version to be specified when rebuilding the CIA? I just specified 0 on both items because specifying a number other than that doesn't seem to work.
Maybe your save file was deleted?

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for this translation. Played it alot now, and game work great and the translation looks great (English is also not my native languages, but translation looks good for me).

But I also found some errors and / or untranslated text after play awile.

1. In Achievement. 15/17 the bottom Achievement has some Japanese text (untranslated or forgotten to delete?) I don't have that Achievement yet, so I am not sure if the text will change later.
2. In Enemie fight (Quests 5x5 Battles) when an Enemie miss the attack it is untranslated and still Japanese. Not importent at all.
3. Missions "Clear with navigation turned off" You will be asked "Do you wnat to disable it?" (Should be want).
4. Golbez Prime Attack Twin Meteor called when he do it "W and 3 Japanese letters" so a bit untranslated.

Attachments

• PFF Achievment Abilities.png
    PFF Achievment Abilities.png
    407.4 KB · Views: 241
  • PFF Enemie Attack Miss.png
    PFF Enemie Attack Miss.png
    824.9 KB · Views: 241
  • PFF Mission Navigation off (wnat = want).png
    PFF Mission Navigation off (wnat = want).png
    458.6 KB · Views: 195
  • PFF Twin Meteor (Prime Attack).png
    PFF Twin Meteor (Prime Attack).png
    618.2 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: Vulpes-Vulpeos

Lunick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mobygames.com
XP
Country
Australia
I also appreciate the translation but there are some other typos too like in the Collection menu, Achievement is misspelt on the bottom screen.

Edit: Stage 11-2 is misspelt Mesrmerize
Edit 2: Lightning's Level 7 ability Protectra says Rise instead of Raise. Protectra is also not translated in-battle on the bottom screen.
Edit 3: Golbez's Twin Meteor Premium Skill has a typo in the description, "dependes"

Last edited by Lunick,

MattyXB

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some more Untranslated text which I found and one error.
1 - Stage 21-03 Clear with Ludo in Party (must be Llyud) Stage is called Llyud
2 - FF2 Character Guy Premium Attack 16-Hits (when he attacks)
3 - FF Tactics Delita Premium Attack Northswain's Strike (when he attacks)

4 - When you have 2 Characters with Chaos Effect in Party No (or what it called) is untranslated

PS: Found some more
5 - Edea Premium Ice Strike attack only one foe, not all
6 - Spell Protect called in Battle bottom Curaga (so I mixed it sometimes with Cure)
7-8 2 more FF Tactics Characters Premium Attacks

PSS:
9 - Ultma's Premium Attack also contain japanese Text Box when attacking (like the FF Tactics Characters)

Attachments

• PFF 21-03 Llyud or Ludo.png
    PFF 21-03 Llyud or Ludo.png
    758.2 KB · Views: 205
  • PFF FF2 Guy 16-Hit (Premium Skill).png
    PFF FF2 Guy 16-Hit (Premium Skill).png
    643.6 KB · Views: 176
  • PFF FFT Delita Prime Attack Northswain's Strike.png
    PFF FFT Delita Prime Attack Northswain's Strike.png
    642.1 KB · Views: 198
  • PFF 2x Chaos Effect.png
    PFF 2x Chaos Effect.png
    638 KB · Views: 173
  • PFF Edea Premium Ice Strike Attack only One Enemie.png
    PFF Edea Premium Ice Strike Attack only One Enemie.png
    637.5 KB · Views: 179
  • PFF Protect called Curaga.png
    PFF Protect called Curaga.png
    522.2 KB · Views: 186
  • PFF Tactics Hallowed Bolt.png
    PFF Tactics Hallowed Bolt.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 199
  • PFF Tactics Judgement Blade.png
    PFF Tactics Judgement Blade.png
    457.7 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by MattyXB,
Reactions: Vulpes-Vulpeos

Ordi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Getting the banner fix to work was quite a hassle for me, so I decided to write a little tut in case some other people have problems with this as well:
1. DO NOT put the translation files (00040000001BE100 folder) into Luma->titles !
2. Download the latest version of HackingToolkit9DS
(it has to be version 12, rebuilding the .cia file doesn't work properly with lower versions)
3. Put the Pictlogica .cia file into the PackHack folder
->Install SetupUS
->open HackingToolkit9DS and follow the instructions to extract the .cia file (there should be some new files and folders in the PackHack folder now)
4. Download and unpack the two files (banner fix and the patch) from the OP
->replace the ExtractedBanner folder in PackHack with the ExtractedBanner folder you've just
downloaded
->open the romfs folder inside the 00040000001BE100 folder and move all the files to
PackHack>ExtractedRomFS (replace all the files)
5. Download ucrtbased.dll and vcruntime140d.dll from dll-files (make sure to download the correct version
for your operating system (either the 32 or the 64 bit version), otherwise you'll get an error when you try
to rebuild the .cia file!) and place these two files in the PackHack folder
->open HackingToolkit9DS and follow the instructions to rebuild the .cia file
6. Copy this .cia file to your SDcard and install the game using FBI

The game should now work as intended! :)
Oh, and of course thanks to the people who worked on this translation!! :)

Last edited by Ordi,

Whitesox84

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Getting the banner fix to work was quite a hassle for me, so I decided to write a little tut in case some other people have problems with this as well:
1. DO NOT put the translation files (00040000001BE100 folder) into Luma->titles !
2. Download the latest version of HackingToolkit9DS
(it has to be version 12, rebuilding the .cia file doesn't work properly with lower versions)
3. Put the Pictlogica .cia file into the PackHack folder
->Install SetupUS
->open HackingToolkit9DS and follow the instructions to extract the .cia file (there should be some new files and folders in the PackHack folder now)
4. Download and unpack the two files (banner fix and the patch) from the OP
->replace the ExtractedBanner folder in PackHack with the ExtractedBanner folder you've just
downloaded
->open the romfs folder inside the 00040000001BE100 folder and move all the files to
PackHack>ExtractedRomFS (replace all the files)
5. Download ucrtbased.dll and vcruntime140d.dll from dll-files (make sure to download the correct version
for your operating system (either the 32 or the 64 bit version), otherwise you'll get an error when you try
to rebuild the .cia file!) and place these two files in the PackHack folder
->open HackingToolkit9DS and follow the instructions to rebuild the .cia file
6. Copy this .cia file to your SDcard and install the game using FBI

The game should now work as intended! :)
Oh, and of course thanks to the people who worked on this translation!! :)

I just cant make this work (->open HackingToolkit9DS and follow the instructions to extract the .cia file (there should be some new files and folders in the PackHack folder now))
Nothing appears in the folder :(

GnarkillAU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wondering if I could get some help. Applied all the hex editing succesfully, load times are dreadful so I started trying to extract /rebuild. The extraction goes fine, when I attempt to rebuild with the additional files though I get an error "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140D.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." needless to say I tried but it did not. I'm using windows 10, I have a VCRUNTIME140.dll file but not the specified one in system 32, tried repairing, got the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of C++ Runtime but no success. Anyone got a suggestion? This is not the puzzle I wanted fam. Additionally get an error for a missing UCRTBASED.dll, assuming both will resolve with the same strategy.

Blackdrazon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This patch seems to introduce a glitch with the Navigation challenges. I'm also using the save file hacks to get the DLC levels and Kupo nuts, but there's no reason they should cause the error.
  1. Turn Navigation on.
  2. Go to a level with a challenge to solve the puzzle without using Navigation. The earliest is 3-07.
  3. Try to enter the stage. The game will ask if you want to turn Navigation off. It doesn't matter what you say.
  4. Navigation is now disabled and cannot be turned back on.
  5. If you return to the main map, this error will save and become permanent! Restarting while still on the puzzle will spare you.
The only way to avoid this is to turn off Navigation while on the map.

Lestly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
How do I go to make this work on Citra?

Edit: I figured it out.
Instructions for those installing a mod on Citra for the very first time like me:

*Download and unzip the LayeredSD file.
*Copy the folder with the Zeroes and numbers, that's the game's ID.
*Open Citra.
*Right click on the room and select "go to mods folder".
*The explorer window that opens should be your game's mod folder. It has the same folder name as the one you copied earlier (the game's ID).
*Paste and replace the folder with the one you copied from the zip.
*Open the game on citra and check the translation/mod has been applied.

That's all. Have fun! Thanks to everyone that worked on this project, is nice being able to play and understand the text.

Last edited by Lestly,

hobblinharry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I go to make this work on Citra?

Edit: I figured it out.
Instructions for those installing a mod on Citra for the very first time like me:

*Download and unzip the LayeredSD file.
*Copy the folder with the Zeroes and numbers, that's the game's ID.
*Open Citra.
*Right click on the room and select "go to mods folder".
*The explorer window that opens should be your game's mod folder. It has the same folder name as the one you copied earlier (the game's ID).
*Paste and replace the folder with the one you copied from the zip.
*Open the game on citra and check the translation/mod has been applied.

That's all. Have fun! Thanks to everyone that worked on this project, is nice being able to play and understand the text.
Thank you! This was too easy with this help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s