Hacking [RELEASE] Phacox's Injector (NES/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS for Wii U)

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't get Final Fantasy III DS to work, according to the compatibility list I have to use Kirby Squad Squad as a base and I use Loadiine GX to launch it, the Virtual Console interface launches perfectly, but I get a permanent black screen

Any ideas?

xxThe_Dice_manxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

New to this malarky and puzzled about a few things.

What is the common key? is it the key of the base game you using to inject your chosen game into?

When your game is ready do you just install it with wup installer like any pther game?

Where does Loadiine v4 come into the process?

Thank you.

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't get Final Fantasy III DS to work, according to the compatibility list I have to use Kirby Squad Squad as a base and I use Loadiine GX to launch it, the Virtual Console interface launches perfectly, but I get a permanent black screen

Any ideas?
Try installing the game with WUP Installer.
Hello.

New to this malarky and puzzled about a few things.

What is the common key? is it the key of the base game you using to inject your chosen game into?

When your game is ready do you just install it with wup installer like any pther game?

Where does Loadiine v4 come into the process?

Thank you.
The Wii U Common Key is a general key used by all consoles to encrypt and decrypt content. It is not included in the program or in the forum for copyright reasons. You will have to ask google. It consists of 32 hexadecimal numbers, starts with D7… and ends with… 56.

When the game is ready you can install it with WUP Installer just like any other Wii U game.

Loadiine v4 does not go into any part of the injection process. Loadiine is simply used to load the game from the SD card. Currently Loadiine GX2 v0.3 is the development version, with "Loadiine-nightly-d46e455" being the most recent.

Reactions: xxThe_Dice_manxx

xxThe_Dice_manxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, most helpful.

One more puzzle, I downloaded yoshi touch and go from the usb helper program as the base for the injection and phacox's tool says it is not a valid game? What have I done wrong? It says in the compatibility list that yoshis touch and go is the base for the game I want to inject.

Edit: never mind got it, the wii key.

Last edited by xxThe_Dice_manxx,

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try installing the game with WUP Installer.

I did, I mentioned Lodiine because in the compatibility list it appears that it works with Loadiine

Same thing happens when I use the WUP Installer, ROM works fine in an emulator

EDIT: I installed like 10 other games using the tool and they work flawlessly, the only issue is with this particular game

Last edited by porygon3000,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did, I mentioned Lodiine because in the compatibility list it appears that it works with Loadiine

Same thing happens when I use the WUP Installer, ROM works fine in an emulator

EDIT: I installed like 10 other games using the tool and they work flawlessly, the only issue is with this particular game
It's the ROM.

I found several dumps of the game, I injected all and only one works correctly. Specifically, you must use the Psyfer dump with Hash: AD30.

FF3DS.png

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's the ROM.

I found several dumps of the game, I injected all and only one works correctly. Specifically, you must use the Psyfer dump with Hash: AD30.

View attachment 255983
That is exactly the one I'm using lmao

I'm using the latest version of your app, everything in the Wii U is up to date (Using the app that connects to the internet and installs everything to the console, forgot the name), even the console firmware...

Well, looks like it's something on my Wii U xD

Oh BTW, I didn't say it but thanks a lot for this amazing app

Attachments

• Exactly.png
    Exactly.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: phacox_cll

MadMonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone I made a thread in the Emulation forum but I dunno if that's the right place to ask, so here I am.

Bsasically I booted up the Majora's Mask inject and there's a ful second of input delay and the background blacks out when I pull the menu up which sometimes causes a softlock. When I read the compatibility list Majora's Mask didn't have any issues and all the other N64 games I've played like Banjo-Kazooie and Paper Mario and Bomberman Hero don't have any problems (Bomberman 64 had graphical glitches but was still playable, just not in a state where I wanted to keep going).

So I'm wondering if this is a known thing for Majora's Mask on the 64 or if I just had bad luck and I need to reinstall a different ROM of the game.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit: Deleted the game and reinjected it, still lag and visual glitches on the menu screen and I only noticed now but there's some visual effects missing in the opening cutscenes like blur and effects.

Has anyone else experienced this? Bomberman 64 has a glitch where the Gold Cards don't appear but that's it, every other N64 game I have is fine.

Please help. Majora's Mask is one of my all time favourite games and I'd love to play it again.

Last edited by MadMonster,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone I made a thread in the Emulation forum but I dunno if that's the right place to ask, so here I am.

Bsasically I booted up the Majora's Mask inject and there's a ful second of input delay and the background blacks out when I pull the menu up which sometimes causes a softlock. When I read the compatibility list Majora's Mask didn't have any issues and all the other N64 games I've played like Banjo-Kazooie and Paper Mario and Bomberman Hero don't have any problems (Bomberman 64 had graphical glitches but was still playable, just not in a state where I wanted to keep going).

So I'm wondering if this is a known thing for Majora's Mask on the 64 or if I just had bad luck and I need to reinstall a different ROM of the game.

Thanks for any advice.

Edit: Deleted the game and reinjected it, still lag and visual glitches on the menu screen and I only noticed now but there's some visual effects missing in the opening cutscenes like blur and effects.

Has anyone else experienced this? Bomberman 64 has a glitch where the Gold Cards don't appear but that's it, every other N64 game I have is fine.

Please help. Majora's Mask is one of my all time favourite games and I'd love to play it again.
Use the official release. Basically it needs the config INI file.

frick4206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Is there a way to extract save files from games that have been injected using this software? Specifically, I am trying to extract a ds save file (.sav) of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 that I injected into New Super Mario Bros. I have tried savemii, but it doesn't show up as an option.

I think that it might be exclusive to this injector. I have a few games on my Wii U that I have injected with this injector and none of them (including the aforementioned AAI2) show up on savemii. A file for Banjo-Kazooie that I got online pre-injected showed up just fine.

Am I missing something here? In the DS compatibility list it says under the AAI2 translation patch that whoever tested it "took the save file off the SD card and played past that part on an emulator, then I saved and put the new save file on the SD card and continued playing on the Wii U." This is exactly what I am trying to do (for the same part in the game actually), but I am really stumped as to how to do it.

Not sure how if this is the right place to ask this, but any help would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated.

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Is there a way to extract save files from games that have been injected using this software? Specifically, I am trying to extract a ds save file (.sav) of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 that I injected into New Super Mario Bros. I have tried savemii, but it doesn't show up as an option.

I think that it might be exclusive to this injector. I have a few games on my Wii U that I have injected with this injector and none of them (including the aforementioned AAI2) show up on savemii. A file for Banjo-Kazooie that I got online pre-injected showed up just fine.

Am I missing something here? In the DS compatibility list it says under the AAI2 translation patch that whoever tested it "took the save file off the SD card and played past that part on an emulator, then I saved and put the new save file on the SD card and continued playing on the Wii U." This is exactly what I am trying to do (for the same part in the game actually), but I am really stumped as to how to do it.

Not sure how if this is the right place to ask this, but any help would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated.

I ran into this and the reason, from what I gathered, is that the title ID that is created, is not able to be read by savemii. When I created a DS game it created a title ID that was completely new for the prefix [00050002] when it seems that savemii can only, or will only read ones that [0050000, 0050001]. I had to manually change the title ID, but it was a pain in the ass.

screen.png

My wonderment is how to change the title ID before injection (I know you can go in later and change it via the meta.xml) but I have not seen a clear guide on how to change it on this program before injection. Any help?

Last edited by cagerhager,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good to know those details.

The program used to generate a title ID that started with 0050000, but this has been changed as occasionally games would not start regardless of whether a CFW was loaded (error 199-9999). You can check this in the changelog.

It seems that SaveMii does not support demo games (start with 0050002).

Currently the title ID generated by the program cannot be changed manually. I will give option to choose the title ID in a review.

Reactions: cagerhager

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay there, nice app, um i have one question tho,

for the base, how do you find/get it? and does the base depend on the game you want to inject?

i mean like for the castlevainas, the two of three use NDS2WU as base,

thanx

hellowhirled008

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting empty folders following the injection process. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Can I only inject games I already own? I can't use a DS dump on GBA roms (fair enough), but that dump just isn't working for the DS games I want to inject.

Last edited by hellowhirled008,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hay there, nice app, um i have one question tho,

for the base, how do you find/get it? and does the base depend on the game you want to inject?

i mean like for the castlevainas, the two of three use NDS2WU as base,

thanx
You can get the base games via Wii U USB Helper or JNUSTool.

The base game depends on the version of the (official) emulator, depending on the version of the emulator some ROMs will work or not. Obviously if you want to inject a GBA ROMs you must use a GBA virtual console game as a base.

NDS2WiiU refers to an old application that makes injections using the game New Super Mario Bros. (USA) as the base game. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-gba-nds-for-wii-u.554521/page-4#post-8961213).

I'm getting empty folders following the injection process. What am I doing wrong?

edit: Can I only inject games I already own? I can't use a DS dump on GBA roms (fair enough), but that dump just isn't working for the DS games I want to inject.
I know that the program behaves strangely when you use a virtual console dump taken directly from the Wii U. To avoid that use the backups that you can get through the applications I mentioned above.

Can somebody fix the NES Compatiblte list? There's way too small information of the injects.
That is up to the editors of the Wiki, I too would like them to expand and update the lists, but apparently there is not much interest in the injections of NES and SNES.

KitMikro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have tried to make an inject of a "Zelda Link to the past" translation romhack, but I can not get it to work.
  • I used the IPS translation on a USA rom. It works when using bSnes emulator.
  • I have used VC Zelda Link to the past EUR and USA as base
  • I also tried the ROM with and without header (used TUSH)
I also tried extracting the rom from my wiiu with dumpling. This works, I was able to play the extracted rom in bSnes emulator. So I then patched that rom with the IPS translation, the rom was still working in the emulator.

When I inject the rom into the VC base, it will show on the wiiu but it will not get past the Virtual Console intro screen. In the super left corner it shows loading for a few seconds and then the wiiu just freezes....

Are there any settings I need to adjust? any help in making this work would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by KitMikro,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In order for me to replicate the bug, I need to know which IPS patch you are using.

In general, for SNES games, use Donkey Kong Country (USA) as the base game, since it seems to be the base game most compatible with other ROMs.

KitMikro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In order for me to replicate the bug, I need to know which IPS patch you are using.

In general, for SNES games, use Donkey Kong Country (USA) as the base game, since it seems to be the base game most compatible with other ROMs.

Thanks for your reply! and the great tool you've made :) I am using the Dutch translation by "Ok Impala!". Last night I figured so much looking at the compatibility list but it was to late to try. So this morning I tried again with Donkey Kong and got the same result... After this I tried Super Metroid and it finally booted but the graphics were scrambled. I remembered I was still using the extracted ROM so I injected it with an original USA patched rom and now it is working!

Super! now I don't have to translate the whole game to my kid and he can play it on his own. Now let's hope the translation doesn't include any hidden curse words hahaha

Last edited by KitMikro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person