Hacking [RELEASE] Phacox's Injector (NES/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS for Wii U)

pibewill

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I just wanted to thank @CORE and @phacox_cll , got Banjo Kazooie with the screen centered and everything is working fine. Muchas gracias, thanks ...

Attachments

• A9E7AF07-25F9-4FB1-9436-D920EB7980EB.jpeg
    A9E7AF07-25F9-4FB1-9436-D920EB7980EB.jpeg
    815.7 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: CORE and phacox_cll

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I recall correctly, Nintendo platforms in addition to N64 also had graphical problems / dark filters on Wii U. Does using an injection get past that, or is it baked into Nintendo's emulation? i.e. will SMB 3 look better if I use an injection rather than the official download?

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
An injection involves using the official Nintendo emulation, injecting a ROM is basically erasing the original ROM and pasting the ROM you chose, this does not replace the corresponding emulator. However, there are some parameters that can be edited (both in official games and in injections), these vary from one Virtual Console to another.
NES: Aspect ratio, Emulation Speed and Number of players.
SNES: Aspect ratio, Emulation Speed, Number of players and Sound volume.
N64: Dark filter, Widescreen, Zoom, Translation and Config file.
GBA: Nothing for now.
NDS: Layauts and Brightness (editing the file "content/0010/configuration_cafe.json").

With my program you can edit these parameters without injecting a ROM, just select a target virtual console, load the game you want to edit as a base game, put a short name and edit the parameters. You can prevent the presentation images from being replaced by using the corresponding checkboxes in the Image section and finally generating the edited VC game in the Injecting section.

We have not yet found a way to remove the dark filter from NES, SNES and GBA virtual consoles, or how to remove the bilinear filter for NES and SNES. :(

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So I have a couple of questions and the second one might be a little difficult to answer but here goes.

So far, I have only installed a single .nds vc game on my Wii U. I CAN use the same base to inject all of my .nds games, right?

If the answer is yes, here's the second question:

Yesterday I stumbled onto this neat little thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/channel-forwarders-for-wii-u.501847/ which allows you to install custom forwarders using the same principle as HaxChi. That is, you install a DS game and use the HaxChi Installer to overwrite the contents of the game with whatever you want. I know that I have to use different DS games for each Forwarder I want to install, but here's the question:

Could .nds VC games created with this Injector conflict with the Custom Forwarders installed using the above method, if both a game and a forwarder uses the same base ds game?

Ex. I have Pokemon Platinum installed with Yoshi's Island DS as a base. Assuming I even can, If I install Yoshi's Island as a base for one of my forwarders, would this create any problems?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I have a couple of questions and the second one might be a little difficult to answer but here goes.

So far, I have only installed a single .nds vc game on my Wii U. I CAN use the same base to inject all of my .nds games, right?

If the answer is yes, here's the second question:

Yesterday I stumbled onto this neat little thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/channel-forwarders-for-wii-u.501847/ which allows you to install custom forwarders using the same principle as HaxChi. That is, you install a DS game and use the HaxChi Installer to overwrite the contents of the game with whatever you want. I know that I have to use different DS games for each Forwarder I want to install, but here's the question:

Could .nds VC games created with this Injector conflict with the Custom Forwarders installed using the above method, if both a game and a forwarder uses the same base ds game?

Ex. I have Pokemon Platinum installed with Yoshi's Island DS as a base. Assuming I even can, If I install Yoshi's Island as a base for one of my forwarders, would this create any problems?

The base can be the same, it's the Title ID that must be unique, this injector, same goes for other injectors out there will create a unique Title ID when you create an inject, regardless if your using the same base or not, think of like a SLOT, as long as the slot is not used by any other inject that is currently installed then it will be fine.

As for your second question, I dont quite understand what your trying to achieve with this method?
If you just want to create custom DS injects with different games, then just continue to use this app, install, and you have individual game icons on your WiiU menu.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The base can be the same, it's the Title ID that must be unique, this injector, same goes for other injectors out there will create a unique Title ID when you create an inject, regardless if your using the same base or not, think of like a SLOT, as long as the slot is not used by any other inject that is currently installed then it will be fine.

As for your second question, I dont quite understand what your trying to achieve with this method?
If you just want to create custom DS injects with different games, then just continue to use this app, install, and you have individual game icons on your WiiU menu.

Thanks for the reply. And that's the thing, I don't just want to create custom DS Injects with different games, which is what thid tool does. It's one of the things I want to do though.

The other method can be used to create forwarders (Channels) for different Homebrew on the SD Card. Think of the HomeBrew Launcher Channel. It's essentially just a Menu shortcut (Forwarder, Channel, whatever you wanna call it) for the Homebrew Launcher. I want to create this type of Channel for other HomeBrew, Like SaveMii Mod.

However both these methods uses a similar approach; they both essentially inject/install something else over the original base, and thus I was afraid that if the same base was used, that it could cause conflicts, and in worst case scenario, semi-bricks.

Your explanation of the TitleID however makes it look like this won't be a problem, as long as each Title ID is different.

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I confirm.

As long as the Title ID is different, there will be no conflicts between official games, injections or Forwarders.

Also note that my program generates the same Title ID for the same ROM and base game combination.

As follows for VC NDS: 00050000D5XXXXZZ

Where XXXX is the CRC16 of the ROM, ZZ is an index (from 0x01 to 0x1B) that corresponds to the Virtual Console version.

I had already mentioned this before for all Virtual Consoles.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

pedrobonfim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone,

Did anyone get work Diddy Kong Racing?

I tried with this configuration the same was in the configuration file. the game has a black screen, but I hear the sound normally and the buttons also. My Diddy kong racing version is "Diddy Kong Racing (U) (M2) (V1.1) [!]"

UNDYE1.098.ini Diddy Kong Racing US Diddy Kong Racing (USA) (Rev A) No Mario Party 2 (USA).

Sorry for my bad english

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone,

Did anyone get work Diddy Kong Racing?

I tried with this configuration the same was in the configuration file. the game has a black screen, but I hear the sound normally and the buttons also. My Diddy kong racing version is "Diddy Kong Racing (U) (M2) (V1.1) [!]"

UNDYE1.098.ini Diddy Kong Racing US Diddy Kong Racing (USA) (Rev A) No Mario Party 2 (USA).

Sorry for my bad english

This game doesn't work as an inject, when injecting N64 games, best to check the following sites to make sure the game works, or you will be wasting your time.

WiiU VC N64 inject compatibility list site HERE.
The above list is somewhat up to date but there might be games that might be working but the wiki have not been updated.

Alternatively you can access @CORE blog HERE, which he maintains and constantly updated with all/any N64 inject related info.

makination

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi pals i've got the Sin & Punishment N64 rom translated and dubbed to spanish. I've tried to make en injection to Wii U with Injectiine and Phacox's Injector but no success. Please if somebody want to try and test a successfully injection and want to share to us, all the spanish community will be much appreciated :)

Last edited by makination,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No linking to roms allowed, I suggest you remove the rom ASAP!

Hi pals i've got the Sin & Punishment N64 rom translated and dubbed to spanish. I've tried to make en injection to Wii U with Injectiine and Phacox's Injector but no success. Please if somebody want to try and test a successfully injection and want to share to us, all the spanish community will be much appreciated :)

EDIT: Please PM me for the link :)

Try using the official "Sin & Punishment [00050000101B4800]" USA eShop as the base, I injected the Spanish dub a while back using a different method of injecting and it works. I have not used the injector provided on this thread so I can't comment on how/if it will work, only providing info that it does work.

Reactions: CORE and phacox_cll

makination

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No linking to roms allowed, I suggest you remove the rom ASAP!

Try using the official "Sin & Punishment [00050000101B4800]" USA eShop as the base, I injected the Spanish dub a while back using a different method of injecting and it works. I have not used the injector provided on this thread so I can't comment on how/if it will work, only providing info that it does work.

It worked, thanks a lot :')

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It worked, thanks a lot :')

No worries, well if you want to get creative, the Spanish translation patch should have come with the English/Spanish user manual in PDF. What you can do is edit the config ini settings prior to injecting and change the URL to point to this PDF file, your WiiU needs to be online. If done successfully, when you access the in game manual, instead of accessing the default PDF manual on Nintendo server, instead it will access whatever PDF you redirected in the config ini settings.

Some things to remember, out of all the VC's, Im pretty sure N64 is the only one that accesses the user manual online in PDF. The WiiU uses its web browser to open the PDF, you have to find an online cloud storage that hosts the file in RAW format. Meaning, when you access the PDF in a web browser it doesn't use any built in PDF viewer that the site uses, such example is, Google Drive, DropBox, etc.. these have their own PDF viewers embedded which the WiiU's web browser does not support.
I recommend using Cloudinary as your file host as this is the one that I managed to get the PDF to work with the WiiU's web browser, a fellow member on another site which is no longer availble recommend this hosting site to me when I was trying to figure this out.
One thing I have not yet tried or looked into yet is to see if you can host the file locally on your home network via a webserver to see if this works instead of an online web server.
For testing the PDF file, before injecting, try to access the PDF file first by using the WiiU's web browser, if this works, then your good to go.

As for the WiiU being online, for me personally, I think it is safe, mine has always been online, injected/tested/installed many custom injects and never have any issues. I have 3 WiiU's, all in the same scenario, no issues.

Sorry for being slightly off topic but the above info might be useful for those that want that extra authentic feel of using game manuals with their N64 custom injects.

EDIT:
Forgot to add, you need to look at any of the base game's config ini settings to see the entry lines for the online user manual info that you need to add.

Last edited by xs4all,
Reactions: makination and CORE

makination

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No worries, well if you want to get creative, the Spanish translation patch should have come with the English/Spanish user manual in PDF. What you can do is edit the config ini settings prior to injecting and change the URL to point to this PDF file, your WiiU needs to be online. If done successfully, when you access the in game manual, instead of accessing the default PDF manual on Nintendo server, instead it will access whatever PDF you redirected in the config ini settings.

Some things to remember, out of all the VC's, Im pretty sure N64 is the only one that accesses the user manual online in PDF. The WiiU uses its web browser to open the PDF, you have to find an online cloud storage that hosts the file in RAW format. Meaning, when you access the PDF in a web browser it doesn't use any built in PDF viewer that the site uses, such example is, Google Drive, DropBox, etc.. these have their own PDF viewers embedded which the WiiU's web browser does not support.
I recommend using Cloudinary as your file host as this is the one that I managed to get the PDF to work with the WiiU's web browser, a fellow member on another site which is no longer availble recommend this hosting site to me when I was trying to figure this out.
One thing I have not yet tried or looked into yet is to see if you can host the file locally on your home network via a webserver to see if this works instead of an online web server.
For testing the PDF file, before injecting, try to access the PDF file first by using the WiiU's web browser, if this works, then your good to go.

As for the WiiU being online, for me personally, I think it is safe, mine has always been online, injected/tested/installed many custom injects and never have any issues. I have 3 WiiU's, all in the same scenario, no issues.

Sorry for being slightly off topic but the above info might be useful for those that want that extra authentic feel of using game manuals with their N64 custom injects.

EDIT:
Forgot to add, you need to look at any of the base game's config ini settings to see the entry lines for the online user manual info that you need to add.
Thanks for your advices. Next inject I want to try is the Mario 64 Star Road. I saw a compatibility list but I read there are issues. Maybe with the USA Mario 64 base? I you have done that inject successfully please let me know

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your advices. Next inject I want to try is the Mario 64 Star Road. I saw a compatibility list but I read there are issues. Maybe with the USA Mario 64 base? I you have done that inject successfully please let me know

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 Pro mediante Tapatalk

SM64 Star Road doesn't work, I remember I tried every trick, settings, bases, cant get the game to boot.

Reactions: makination

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.