1. Spearel18

Spearel18 GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    Is there a base SNESVC rom with at least 6MB rom size?

2. phacox_cll

OP phacox_cll GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I would also like to know if there is any way to fix that
    No :(

Spearel18 likes this.
  3. Spearel18

Spearel18 GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    Yeah, I even checked every available JPN roms on Wii U USB Helper. Best I found is 4MB...
    Oh well, guess I can't inject the Super Metroid A Link to the Past Crossover Randomizer since it requires a 6MB Base. Emulation is my only option with that.
    But I injected a FFVI, works like a charm.
    Great work mate!

phacox_cll likes this.
  4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    So im on a loss here, i got super mario 64 ds wup installed and it looks very grainin so i tryed the renderscale set to 2 and i dont see a diference, i even tryed 4 and still no change so i want to ask is mario 64 ds imune to renderscale options on ds vc injection? does anyone have a renderscale 2 super mario 64 ds wup ready to install that could link me in pm? :P

5. nebula75

nebula75 Newbie
    Newcomer

China
    the buttons in the injection section cannot be enabled. I was injecting a nes game. I chose the rom, put the name and load a base vc. What can I do next?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Changed the base rom to match the target rom size.
    Problem solved!

6. UsualNoise

UsualNoise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi - I can't seem to get any base game to work for DS injections. e.g. I dumped Zelda Phantom Hourglass (using ddd) directly from my Wii U and it does not contain a "meta" folder. Any idea how to get this to work? I have a couple DS games to use as a base but none seem to have that meta folder.

Editing: I figured out the above issue using the "dumpling" app which generated the meta folder correctly. Now my issue is the injector is failing to create a packed WUP-installable version. It creates the folder for the game but it is empty. If I switch to the loadiine version it works fine, but the packed version only produces an empty folder. Is this a known bug?

Last edited by UsualNoise, Oct 7, 2020
  7. phacox_cll

Mexico
    I do not know why it is not creating the packaging. You can provide me with the log to know what happens.

8. UsualNoise

United States
    Thanks - I was trying to create the packed version from the code/content/meta folder structure, perhaps that doesn't work and you have to create it from an already packed folder?

If so, is there any direction about how to dump a digital virtual console title from the Wii U in packed format? I've looked around but can't find anything simple like ddd. I own several VC DS games I can use but I'm not seeing a straightforward way to dump the title in packed format. I can dump in non-packed format but then the problem is I don't see any way to install that as a title after I do an injection. Seems like something probably exists to do what I'm attempting so sorry if I've missed something obvious.

9. phacox_cll

Mexico
    It doesn't matter if the origin is a packaged or non-packaged base, you should be able to package it. Try using NUS Converter or directly with NUSPacker to manually package the game.

The log file should shed some light on this.

10. UsualNoise

United States
    Thanks, I'll see if I can use NUSPacker to convert my non-packed injected game into an installable file.

I looked at the log file but I don't think it will help, attaching here. The result of trying to create a packed version from a non-packaged base is a folder with the injected game name but nothing inside it.

phacox_cll likes this.
  11. phacox_cll

Mexico
    Apparently the problem is related to the fact that the game is a dump and not an exact duplicate. I don't know exactly what the difference is.

Let me know if you manage to pack it with NUSPacker.

12. UsualNoise

United States
    I just finished doing this (first time using NUSPacker so there was a learning curve). Anyway, it worked just fine and I was able to install on my Wii U and run it as a VC DS title. Everything worked fine! Thanks for the help and the utility. While it would be cool to have it auto-generate the packed version from unpacked it's certainly not necessary as there is a separate utility that does the job.

Thanks again!

phacox_cll likes this.
  13. Dabu47

Dabu47 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Just to report an exception catched during the injection of 1080° Snowboarding for N64. (I'm not sure if this one has been reported yet)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'G:\wii64\roms\1080 Snowboarding.v64' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at PhacoxsInjector.RomN64..ctor(String filename)
    at PhacoxsInjector.N64Injector.SetRom(String romPath)
    at PhacoxsInjector.PhacoxsInjectorGUI.buttonRom_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PhacoxsInjector
    Assembly Version: 1.1.233.4
    Win32 Version: 1.1.233.4
    CodeBase: file:///D:/USB/Wii%20U%20NDS%20Crack/PhacoxsInjector/PhacoxsInjector.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It only happened on this rom, thanks for this great tool Phacox.

phacox_cll likes this.
  14. phacox_cll

Mexico
    Thanks for the report, possibly in the next revision it will be fixed.

This exception occurred because the program does not have the permissions to access the file, possibly it was marked as read-only.

Dabu47 likes this.
  15. Dabu47

Dabu47 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Ah.. My file was indeed on read-only and I didn't saw it, this is embarassing lol. Thanks for the call on it :yay:

phacox_cll likes this.
  16. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    i have one n64 game that i would like to inject so i can play it on Wii U i followed instructions but no luck,the game is space invaders & the base rom is banjo kazooie but i have tried few others . any help is greatly appreciated.

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    banjo kazzoie cant be a base rom since it was never released lol, banjo is already an inject in itself.

also from what i see in the compatibility list you need mario golf to inject(newer base probably works too like f zero) and the following setting on the ini file

[RomOption]
    RetraceByVsync = 0
    UseTimer = 1

[Input]
    StickModify = 2

18. satel

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Laos
    how do you load the base rom the app will only load folders & nothing happens when it does? also where is the ini file

19. JuxeZ

JuxeZ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried injecting both Pokemon Sapphire and Pokemon Emerald using Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as the base game, and Phacox says successful, but when I start up the injected VC games on the Wii U, I just get a white screen after the Gameboy Advance logo. I can still control the virtual console and exit and stuff, but the ROM never starts. Anyone else experience this? I have other VC games working that I installed from Wii U USB Helper, but I wanted to play some games that are not available through that app.

20. JuxeZ

JuxeZ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried injecting both Pokemon Sapphire and Pokemon Emerald using Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga as the base game, and Phacox says successful, but when I start up the injected VC games on the Wii U, I just get a white screen after the Gameboy Advance logo. I can still control the virtual console and exit and stuff, but the ROM never starts. Anyone else experience this? I have other VC games working that I installed from Wii U USB Helper, but I wanted to play some games that are not available through that app.

21. JuxeZ

JuxeZ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

22. JuxeZ

JuxeZ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

23. JuxeZ

JuxeZ Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry, not sure why it posted me 5 times, I only submitted once...

24. Lendax

Lendax Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Same problem for me here for Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen

And when i'm launching ruby and sapphire i have the gameboy logo (not gameboy advance) and after nothing happens ...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Injector, Phacoxs