1. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    I presume you never played on a game-pad than, 'cause it's pretty hard NOT to spot it.
    I don't see it as a "crime", but i would never understand the lack of option to remove it or to keep it in settings. In fact i would never understand why developers exclude options. I know they intend for a game to play in a certain way, but options never hurt that.
    Like for example they could have added more control options in "Metroid: Other M" except only one, and an excuse for that is that game should be played THIS way, not THAT way..... i mean that's cool, but why i cant choose after i finish the game or before, whatever.

Same goes for Dark filter. Good thing someone actually gave that option for N64 games and it's not official at that.

For me, GBA games on a WiiU are unplayable in their current state, with that big-ass "?" mark and Dark filter.

I hope someone removes that for good.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Now im even more confused... i seriously have no idea how to use this injector....

Last edited by MetoMeto, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Bobby3xR

Bobby3xR Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi I'm a noob to this whole thing :blink:. On the Main tab of the injector - what do I select as my base? I saw the compatiblity list and I am trying to inject Star Fox 64 so based on this list does this mean I need to get the Mario Golf Rom as the base? Or what do you typically set as the base? It seems to want a folder when trying to select this so I don't think it is the Rom specifically that it is looking for. Thank you in advance :D

3. hectichobo

hectichobo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, you will want the base listed on the compatibility list. You do infact want a folder with the virtual console version of the game inside, not a rom of the n64 game. You could hypothetically find what you're looking for with something like Wii U USB helper

Still wondering about n64 rom hack injection if anyone knows anything.
    Also, was wondering if anyone has made any programs or websites where you can easily create/download official looking banners and icons. It's easy enough to make them myself with GIMP, but I feel like it'd be a lot easier/quicker if there was something that could do it automatically akin to how Teconmoon's GC/Wii injector downloads banners/icons automatically from Cucholic's (sp?) repo.

Last edited by hectichobo, Jul 2, 2020
  4. PiesOfNorth

PiesOfNorth Newbie
    Newcomer

Togo
    I've been having 199-9999 errors when starting games injected with this tool, forcing me to reboot the console. I've tried various ds and n64 games with the same result. I can run Wii/GC injections from the TeconMoon tool flawlessly, so I know it's not an issue with my CFW. The error shows my firmware version as 999.999.99 U, further confirming that the CFW is indeed enabled when I try to run them.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by PiesOfNorth, Jul 4, 2020
  5. phacox_cll

OP phacox_cll GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Look here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-gba-nds-for-wii-u.554521/page-3#post-8941870

6. PiesOfNorth

PiesOfNorth Newbie
    Newcomer

Togo
  7. RainbowDerpy

RainbowDerpy Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    how do i even get the base file

8. phacox_cll

Mexico
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Does this run n64 games at the same speed as the official VC? Like if I add my backup of my copy of mario 64 with this method would it run the same as the one from the eShop?

10. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Not sure what your trying to achieve here?

Super Mario 64 was officially released on the eShop and has been dumped, so no need to create a custom inject for this game, just install the dumped official eShop version of Super Mario 64.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I don’t know how to do that yet, was gonna look into that later. Thanks for telling me.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

So does your program allow someone to edit an official virtual console game to do that? I have mario 64 virtual console and was wondering if I could use your tool to change it easily.

13. phacox_cll

Mexico
    Yes, try it and tell me how it goes.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Alright, ill do that in a bit, trying to figure out wiiflow for vWii right now lol

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I just tried it and all it did was make it so I could boot the game, but it would freeze while loading (before sm64 title screen). I used the base, not the ROM if it matters. I disabled the dark filter and enabled the widescreen hack/fix. I tried it without the check marks by 'images' and it didn't work. However, once those were checked and I tried reinstalling it, it worked! Thanks a lot!
    However, it doesn't show the title screen properly on the wii u even though I imported base, which means I have to go find the image online somewhere. Furthermore, even though I had release date and players check marked and filled in, they don't show up at all. Is there any fix to these 2 problems? Otherwise this was a phenomenal tool.

Last edited Jul 14, 2020
  16. Anastimafilia

Anastimafilia Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    is there any way to get rid of the black bar at the bottom of the screen with N64 games? I know i could just adjust the scaling and move it around but i dont want to be doing trial and error for a day just nail it down

17. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What method are you using to adjust the scaling?
    Also, you know you can use CEMU emulator to test your injects? Saves you time installing on your WiiU to test.

For me I use the same method to disable the dark filter on N64 injects, there is a screen aspect ratio setting, I just play with that until I fill up the top/bottom black bars with incremental changes.

phacox_cll likes this.
  18. phacox_cll

Mexico
    I don't quite understand what the problems are.

To keep the base game home screen, check the checkboxes next to the "Icon", "TV" and "GamePad" buttons. You should see the images from the base game in the preview. Take into consideration that if you already did a shot with the base game images have changed. Checking the checkboxes gives priority to the image of the base game, so "Show name", "Release date" and "Players" are not taken into account.

Not all N64 games have a black bar at the bottom of the screen, and not all games have a black bar of the same size, so you must adjust it manually depending on the game.

You can run the game in CEMU (at 1280x720) and take a screenshot, measure the height of the black bar, and use that exact data to adjust the image all at once.

Last edited by phacox_cll, Jul 19, 2020
  19. lordofsquad

lordofsquad Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hoping someone can help me. I'm having some issues when trying to do SNES injects similarly to what was described by another poster earlier in the thread. Namely, I'm trying to make an inject of Tetris & Dr. Mario (it's a long story), but all three of my attempts have failed; each hangs at the VC intro screen and plays the music indefinitely. I've tried using EarthBound, Link to the Past, and SMRPG as my bases, but none have worked. Rather than continue on blindly trying things, I thought I'd come here for help. Is there some method to the madness that can help me figure out what base to use?

20. phacox_cll

Mexico
    Unfortunately I don't know of an efficient method to find out which base game to use.

I already have some data collected for a compatibility list, I hope to publish them soon.

You can use Donkey Kong Country (USA) as the base game for Tetris & Dr. Mario (USA).

lordofsquad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Injector, Phacoxs