[Release] Patches for downloading MHX/MHXX quests on banned systems

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by moghedien, Jun 14, 2017.

1. moghedien
    OP

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    I made some patches for MHX and MHXX that allow you to use the normal in game "Download" section to install DLC quests even if your system is banned.

The patch will break multiplayer online play, so if your system isn't banned I don't recommend using it.

The source code can be found here: https://github.com/svanheulen/misc_mh_patches

I've attached a ZIP containing the compiled IPS files. Just extract it to the root of your SD card and make sure to select "Enable game patching" in the Luma3DS settings. Also you'll need to have the newest game update installed.

Attached Files:

2. MLGToad

MLGToad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    Is there anything like this for MH4U?

3. moghedien
    OP

moghedien GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2015
    United States
    Currently not that I know of. It probably wouldn't be too hard to port but I probably wont get to it for a while, if ever.

4. MLGToad

MLGToad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    That's fine, I found a way to get the DLC quests anyway through editing the ExtData.

5. sophiesvan

sophiesvan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    United States
    Thank you for this, very helpful.

How did you do that? Is there an ExtData editor around for MH4U?

6. MLGToad

MLGToad Member

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2017
    I used JKSM to extract the ExtData for MH4U and then replaced the quest files with quest files that I had downloaded containing what I think is all of the dlc.