1. godstriker8

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    God this thing is pissing me off, why doesn't Palantine want to boot?!?!!??1

2. kudilofcimindi

Newcomer

Indonesia
    But when i reinstall the cia how about my save?will it gone??

im really sorry for being a dummy

3. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    No, just use the Msetforboss.dat to inject FBI straight to sysnand. It only affects the health and safety app so it's little risk.
    I assume you then make the emunand with gw, after which FBI will be available for rxtools to use.
    If you just want standard 4x mset pasta, skip the previous emunand step.

Buggy and difficult network installs really should be a thing of the past now.

4. pkmz

pkmz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I ran rxtools through Web browser on 4.2 ending number is a 9. It ran and I did the fst16 generate thing so I can setup a emunand and inject fbi into that

Now is rxtool installed? If i.power down and run profile exploit is rxtools going to be the program that boots?

Sorry I'm currently don't have.my ds and I want rxtools to be the program that runs when I run the profile exploit.

5. i thought that too so used cubic ninja, fucking thing.

6. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

It will probably be gone. :(

7. tonybologna

tonybologna GO VOLS!

United States
    The smartphone appears to have the tethering option but doesn't appear to even work. I can click the tethering on & the tethering notification pops up but doesn't work. It doesn't have an area to check the SSID after enabling tethering.

Under Wireless & Networks all I see is VPN after clicking on mobile hotspot icon from Home menu. There's nothing there to edit/look at for hotspot. I checked to make sure. Maybe it's not a part of my plan? I don't know outside of calling Verizon. :unsure:

Are there any apps/software to install to the phone that can enable tethering? Tethering seems like my only option left since I can't get the stupid thing to work straight from PC. I can't believe I'm having to go to such extremes to try & get this tutorial done.

Heck, it might not even work anyhow. I just wished that I had went ahead & bought a Gateway. However, if I can't get this to work I'm just going to sale everything to do with our son's 3DS.

Someone will be getting a really good deal if I decide to do that. I'm just frustrated at this & I will be finished with the entire thing. I won't fool with the 3DS hacking anymore if I can't get this to succeed. I hate to be that way but the frustration in getting this to work has taken a toll on me. I've been fooling with this for days. This is nothing like hacking on the standard DS. It's a totally different level & it's certainly the most frustrating. :angry:

8. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

France
  9. tonybologna

tonybologna GO VOLS!

United States
    Didn't see this posted. I'll give this a try. Thanks bud!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think I'll just go with trying the tethering apps first. I mean I've come this far then no need to go back & start all over with a different process. That's for me but I would suggest others to go with what you have posted if they're starting fresh. The method in this tutorial is just luck with so many things. Thanks!

10. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I'm currently on firmware 4.2 with MSET and PastaCFW installed. I can only run games that are < 4.5 correct? Also, is it possible in the future, to update MSET to 9.2 in order to run games >7.1 (encrypted)? I'm guessing spiderpasta might be able to do that when it is released.

11. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

France
    Use rxTools.

12. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do you have a link for a tutorial or something?

13. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    anyone knows where to find the pasta launcher that is compatible with the blue gateway card? DX

14. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
  15. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
  16. Zap Rowsdower

Zap Rowsdower I am you.

Canada
    edit

Last edited by Zap Rowsdower, Jun 30, 2015
  17. Maq47

Maq47 Founder of Woolooism

United States
    Since Gateway now allows Gateway mode in sysNAND, can't we use Gateway to install FBI/BBM instead of Palantine CFW, then install .cia files with that in Pasta CFW? Or does Pasta CFW use a different encryption on installed titles than Gateway mode (the only possible reason it wouldn't work)? If it DOES work, could someone add instructions to the OP, so that noob Gateway users have an alternate way to install FBI/BBM other than Palantine CFW?

18. Deep865

Deep865 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello I have a question my 3ds is currently at version 4.5 and nothing happens when I hold L and press the DS Profile. I followed all previous steps.

19. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    What means nothing?

Starts the DS profile setting page or an error occours?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], without, old3ds)