OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sand-bird.github.io/talismans

talismans.png

Please back up your save before using any sort of editor, including this one. JKSM gives you a convenient system_backup file when you export your extdata -- take good care of it!

2017-05-24 - v. 1.0.2: Charms used in equipment sets are no longer deletable (still working on currently equipped charm, though). This should fix some crashes, but not all of them -- still trying to diagnose the rest.

2017-05-21 - v. 1.0.1: Fixed saving (oops) and added an easter egg: on the settings menu, type cheatercheaterwimpwimp. Enjoy!

2017-05-18: LONG-OVERDUE UPDATE! Sorry for taking so long, guys. I've been sitting on this until I could get it perfect, and it took forever, but now it's done!

New features:
  • Switching files now works
  • Import and export now work
  • Some useful settings (they are saved in your browser between sessions)
  • Skills (optionally) in alphabetical order!
  • Pretty much the whole thing has been rewritten and the code is now a LOT better
  • Now hosted on Github (seems a little faster than Heroku hosting)
  • A big long FAQ full of questions that nobody has ever asked me (but that I imagine would be the questions people would ask, if they did)
Regarding MHXX: I will definitely update the editor for MHGU or whatever they're gonna call it, but I wasn't going to support MHXX because I don't plan on playing it myself -- so I won't have my own save to test it with or anything like that. Thanks to a generous save file donation by OnenZ, MHXX support is on the way! It will probably take a while, though, so please be patient!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a talisman editor for Monster Hunter Generations. It's not intended to replace jc28735250's editor by any means -- I wrote it for fun, for experience, and for people who aren't on Windows or just don't feel like downloading any tools.

Available skills and their minimum and maximum values for each charm type are taken from here. In theory, it should be impossible to create illegal talismans with this editor. If you find any errors or exploits, please let me know!

Source

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 2,794
Last edited by sand-bird,

youngwolf0

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried to use the export talismens feature but the button is disabled. Is this something you're planning on adding soon? I'm a web developer so could possibly help out if you like.

sand-bird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually i cant switch between savedatas (I mean, having 3pj in the same savedata) lol.
Can you look that? :)
The savedata issue is fixed, finally -- please follow the updated link in the OP, and enjoy!

Could you update it to mhxx?
I addressed this briefly in the update, but in a little more detail: I'd like to update it to MHXX, but to do that I'll need MHXX saves. I don't have the game and probably won't get it, so it's going to be really difficult unless I can get some save files from somebody else. I'd still like to try, though!

I just tried to use the export talismens feature but the button is disabled. Is this something you're planning on adding soon? I'm a web developer so could possibly help out if you like.
Added! Currently it exports to a text file (though it's really exporting JSON data), and imports from the same. It's not compatible with other tools yet -- I'll probably work on that next, so if you have any requests, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for the offer, by the way -- I might take you up on it sometime :)

Grifnelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The savedata issue is fixed, finally -- please follow the updated link in the OP, and enjoy!

I addressed this briefly in the update, but in a little more detail: I'd like to update it to MHXX, but to do that I'll need MHXX saves. I don't have the game and probably won't get it, so it's going to be really difficult unless I can get some save files from somebody else. I'd still like to try, though!

Added! Currently it exports to a text file (though it's really exporting JSON data), and imports from the same. It's not compatible with other tools yet -- I'll probably work on that next, so if you have any requests, I'd love to hear them!

I have the game - if you can find some way to export the save, I'd be glad to give you a save

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Here is my savedata from MHXX. Hope you can add a feature for Mhxx :D (The only character i played is Livea the others are just other saves from MHX/Gen
Also thanks for the update, it works perfectly! :)
EDIT: I try to modificate my save of gen, deleting some charms and then export those and importing to second savefile, then when i click on save change, it doesnt download nothing lol.

Attachments

• MHXX Save.rar
    248.6 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by OnenZ,

sand-bird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game - if you can find some way to export the save, I'd be glad to give you a save
I'm not sure what you mean -- export the save from your game? To do that, you use a save manager from inside the homebrew channel to dump the save to your SD card, and then just stick the SD in your computer.

There are a bunch of good save managers out there and afaik you can pretty much use whichever (as long as it can dump extdata -- that's what they call a save that's kept on the DS, not on the cartridge like most games -- MH games use extdata). Personally I like JKSM the best; it's never given me any problems.

Here is my savedata from MHXX. Hope you can add a feature for Mhxx :D (The only character i played is Livea the others are just other saves from MHX/Gen
Also thanks for the update, it works perfectly! :)
EDIT: I try to modificate my save of gen, deleting some charms and then export those and importing to second savefile, then when i click on save change, it doesnt download nothing lol.
Oh man this is going to help a TON, thank you so much!

I fixed the issue (it was a really dumb bug, oops), so you should be good to go now. Sorry about that!

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not sure what you mean -- export the save from your game? To do that, you use a save manager from inside the homebrew channel to dump the save to your SD card, and then just stick the SD in your computer.

There are a bunch of good save managers out there and afaik you can pretty much use whichever (as long as it can dump extdata -- that's what they call a save that's kept on the DS, not on the cartridge like most games -- MH games use extdata). Personally I like JKSM the best; it's never given me any problems.

Oh man this is going to help a TON, thank you so much!

I fixed the issue (it was a really dumb bug, oops), so you should be good to go now. Sorry about that!

Yep, it fixed! Thanks for your work mate!
EDIT: Tips for other players. If you gonna change a talisman what are you using (i mean using in a registered set) , you need to delete that registered set and also, remove any gem on your charm or it will deleted. Because if you dont do it. Youre get a crash.

Last edited by OnenZ,

sand-bird

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it fixed! Thanks for your work mate!
EDIT: Tips for other players. If you gonna change a talisman what are you using (i mean using in a registered set) , you need to delete that registered set and also, remove any gem on your charm or it will deleted. Because if you dont do it. Youre get a crash.
Wait, really? That probably shouldn't happen... I'll look into it.

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wait, really? That probably shouldn't happen... I'll look into it.
Well, at least for me it work. I mean, in my main file (Livea) i have my charmer set, my DK set and some other sets. I modified the charm in charmer set and DK (Hearing 4 DK soul3 000) and it crash every time i load my save. But 0 crash on my 3rd file. So i delete this sets, load my txt from the talis lready modified and it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte