• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Release of the Mueller report is imminent, AG Barr has in-hand, judiciary committees being briefed

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 41,380
  • Replies 723
  • Likes 5

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that people keep bringing up Hillary, as if anything that happens to her determines rather Trump is guilty or not.
Hillary has been a complete non-factor for the left since she lost the election. They might as well run her for president on the Republican side in 2020, given how obsessed the right-wing continues to be with her.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fact there was nothing to "Russia collusion" gets to a key point about Trump's motivation that the media and the left were never willing to credit -- he *really thought* he was being treated unfairly, and obviously it would appear now for good reason.

Reactions: CORE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
over 2 years and not 1 lick of evidence supporting the russian collusion!
Don't you think just 1 of these rabbid dems would have brought out the worse accusations from the beginning, and if not somewhere toward the end?
They have nothing and they know it!
Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true
https://www.axios.com/mueller-russi...nts-70433acd-9ef7-424d-aa01-b962ae5c9647.html
Just because you refuse to accept reality, doesn't change anything.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The fact there was nothing to "Russia collusion" gets to a key point about Trump's motivation that the media and the left were never willing to credit -- he *really thought* he was being treated unfairly, and obviously it would appear now for good reason.
Yeah, we all know how unfair investigations targeted at rich, connected individuals can be in this country. So unfair that they aren't pursuing any criminal charges.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, we all know how unfair investigations targeted at rich, connected individuals can be in this country. So unfair that they aren't pursuing any criminal charges.

You missed the point again buddy, he thought he was being treated unfairly, it was all a witch hunt. There was no Russian collusion - which feeds into his mindset.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You missed the point again buddy, he thought he was being treated unfairly, it was all a witch hunt. There was no Russian collusion - which feeds into his mindset.
Trump plays the victim card whenever it's expedient to do so, always has. The result of this investigation proves the opposite - a witch hunt would've charged him without evidence. Instead they've gathered evidence and decided against charging him anyway.

Last edited by Xzi,

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trump plays the victim card whenever it's expedient to do so, always has. The result of this investigation proves the opposite - a witch hunt would've charged him without evidence. Instead they've gathered evidence and decided against charging him anyway.

So are you saying it was justified based on their being no evidence of collusion or am i missing something? I'm no expert on the matter, and I'm not saying it was a witch hunt, I'm saying the left won't give him credit of how he saw it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So are you saying it was justified based on their being no evidence of collusion or am i missing something?
I'm saying that it was justified based on the fact that it was an entirely by-the-books investigation. Nothing unusual or outside of protocols occurred. Painting it as a partisan effort now would also be ridiculous, given that the investigation was established by a Republican deputy AG who Trump personally appointed.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
step 1: promise to drain the swamp
step 2: get elected
step 3: make the swamp great again! https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ndustry-influence-investigation-zinke-226106?

Recording Reveals Oil Industry Execs Laughing at Trump Access
The tape of a private meeting was made shortly after the lawyer for an influential industry group was tapped for a high-level post at the Department of the Interior.

a bit off topic though. On-topic: I'm actually relieved, for the sake of America. I hate the guy but imagine the damage this would have caused if he had been found guilty of this.

Last edited by Costello,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reading it again, I really don't care for how Barr has presented this "summary." In four pages it actually only has four quotes that come straight from the Mueller report. I'll assume he's being mostly truthful for now, but we need to see the full report. It's the only way to know for certain that nothing is being covered up.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I find it funny that people keep bringing up Hillary, as if anything that happens to her determines rather Trump is guilty or not.
Hillary was a big contributor to the investigation. She hired fusion GPS, and payed for the Steele Dossier which was salacious and unverified. The Media kept on pushing it as evidence when there was none to begin with. And now people are trying to damage control just to salvage any little thing they have.

They were stupid to push his without a single shred of evidence and now they gave Trump ammo to weaponize this against them.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hillary was a big contributor to the investigation. She hired fusion GPS, and payed for the Steele Dossier which was salacious and unverified.
This is false in so many ways. Deputy AG Rosenstein started the Mueller investigation, with no connection whatsoever to the Steele dossier. And the Steele dossier was funded by Trump's primary challengers in the Republican party long before Democrats got their hands on it.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
This attitude is exactly why Trump won. People just don’t get and never learn. And will continue to push Trump to presidency if they never learn and continue this attitude. People should be arguing over policies not conspiracy theories.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
This is false in so many ways. Deputy AG Rosenstein started the Mueller investigation, with no connection whatsoever to the Steele dossier. And the Steele dossier was funded by Trump's primary challengers in the Republican party long before Democrats got their hands on it.
It doesn’t matter who started the investigation my original comment wasn’t about who started it. I never said that once in my comment. All I said was she contributed to the conspiracy theory networks were pushing. It’s criminal what she did.

Reactions: Fugelmir

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work